• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban submits complaint about Ole Miss pop-pass TD

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans crying is NOT the same as a coach crying.

Saban is such a baby.

Every coach does this or they aren't doing their job. Period.

Saban isn't a baby here, you're a dumbass.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the response from it:

Controversial lineman-downfield call primarily rests on one official, SEC looking at changes

SEC director of officials Steve Shaw said Wednesday they are working to refine the way plays like that are called. As it is, the umpire standing behind the defensive line is "primarily" charged with making that call.

"This is a difficult play for the umpire to get," Shaw said. "Traditional drop-back passes they handle very well, but plays that present themselves as a run and the umpire is evaluating interior-lineman blocks, he's not watching the ball. If he's watching the ball, we have mayhem going on in the interior line. So that's where he's focused."

As I mentioned before, the umpire is responsible for calling it has trouble making the call because of other duties he has.

When a pass is thrown unexpectedly, the umpire has to then judge when it was released and where each ineligible receiver was at that moment.

"This is a national issue," Shaw said. "We as coordinators have been talking about this play and we're trying to solve it."

And of course, there is this:

Saban, who's been a long critic of these plays, said they submit plays every week for SEC officials to review.

"Look, everybody wants to get it right," Saban said. "We want to get it right as coaches, they want to get it right as officials. I think everybody is working really hard to do that."

It's pointed out to the officials so they can look at it and try to do a better job in the future.

Also, from Gus, no surprise that "he likes the rule". As I also mentioned before, he teaches this stuff and acknowledges the refs can't properly call it enough to make it warrant not doing it.

"I'm always one of those guys, however the rule is, that's how you coach it," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said Wednesday. "... I like the rule. It's the current rule and I like it."

Yeah, that's exactly how he coaches it. But that's typical Auburn football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know why he has to whine all the time.

Yeah, remember that time he complained about that team trying to score at the end of a game?

What a bitch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Every damn one of them yards was illegal. - Bama fans

What defense would you rather have over Alabama's?

Because I don't think I'd trade with anyone.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always, ALWAYS something when bama loses...they didn't want to be there, the draft, missed calls, etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not USC's.

Take away the fluke pass and the LoS/lineman downfield pass and Kelly was only 16 of 31 for 202 yards for the game, with 1 TD.

Kelly was 6 of 14 in the 1st half, for 36 total yards. Ole Miss had 17 pts and less than 100 yards of offense going into the half.

The other 2 TD's and 139 yards came from the 2 big plays.

Ole Miss was held to less than 100 yards rushing for the game.

So I think we are in pretty good shape overall defensively to be honest despite the stats.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away the fluke pass and the LoS/lineman downfield pass.....
And if my aunt had BAWLZ she would be my uncle.

This kinda thing isn't exclusive to Alabama. Sounds like excuse making.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away the fluke pass and the LoS/lineman downfield pass and Kelly was only 16 of 31 for 202 yards for the game, with 1 TD.

Kelly was 6 of 14 in the 1st half, for 36 total yards. Ole Miss had 17 pts and less than 100 yards of offense going into the half.

The other 2 TD's and 139 yards came from the 2 big plays.

Ole Miss was held to less than 100 yards rushing for the game.

So I think we are in pretty good shape overall defensively to be honest despite the stats.

Yeah. And if Hogan played the same way against USC as he did the first 2 times they played instead of looking like Peyton Manning, USC wins a blow out.

But just like the stuff in the Bama game, it happened and they lost. Playing the "if this, then that and we'd have won" game is just an attempt to take credit from the winning team.