• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban submits complaint about Ole Miss pop-pass TD

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious how sending a play for review to help the officials maybe look for instances they are missing is being a bitch. Is your coach a bitch for doing the same thing(and dont say he doesnt because you'd be lying) All coaches send in plays for officials to review if they missed something and it helps define the rules better. Its SOP

So then, he also reported everything that wasn't called against Bama too, right?

Bama fans never disappoint do they. :pound:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans never disappoint do they. :pound:

Nor do other teams fans. Funny how Bama does something and the lemmings flock like good little birds, ready to cajole, guffaw and have fun. My tag line is always appropriate during football season...always.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor do other teams fans. Funny how Bama does something and the lemmings flock like good little birds, ready to cajole, guffaw and have fun. My tag line is always appropriate during football season...always.
I've decided it's a cult with these Bama fans.
They just never stop with the "its all about us" and "us against the world" and "nobody else gets it"

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided it's a cult with these Bama fans.
They just never stop with the "its all about us" and "us against the world" and "nobody else gets it"

Yep, its a cult. Gotta be worthy to join and few make it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how many supposed college football fans don't realize this is just a coach doing his job and that coaches do this often.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how many supposed college football fans don't realize this is just a coach doing his job and that coaches do this often.
Sure they do. They're just enjoying the irate responses from my fellow Bama fans.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to top it off, nobody seems to understand what is going on with the lineman down field.

What teams do is they run block on pass plays. They have a 3 yard cushion in college football, so these teams take a gamble that the pass will get off before a lineman makes it downfield - combined with the fact that even if a lineman does get beyond the 3 yards, there is a low chance that they will get called on the penalty.

What this does is it removes all the reads for the defenses, forcing the linebackers to make a guess on if the play is pass or rush. This then allows the QB to make his read based on what the linebackers/defense does and if they play pass - he rushes. If they play run - he passes.

And that is the reason lineman are downfield. And it's the reason why it's a big deal for defenses, no matter if they are looking directly at the QB, no matter if they are called for being downfield or not.

So now you know and quit saying stupid things thinking it's just about the rule itself and people are only upset because they lost. It's an actual issue. They were supposed to be giving this rule more attention, but they admitted after this that they are unable to police it because the ref in charge of keeping track is also the one who has to keep track of the ball etc. So it's impossible for the ump to know if their are lineman downfield which has lead to the exploits.

Probably be years before anything is fixed with the way college football works.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to top it off, nobody seems to understand what is going on with the lineman down field.

What teams do is they run block on pass plays. They have a 3 yard cushion in college football, so these teams take a gamble that the pass will get off before a lineman makes it downfield - combined with the fact that even if a lineman does get beyond the 3 yards, there is a low chance that they will get called on the penalty.

What this does is it removes all the reads for the defenses, forcing the linebackers to make a guess on if the play is pass or rush. This then allows the QB to make his read based on what the linebackers/defense does and if they play pass - he rushes. If they play run - he passes.

And that is the reason lineman are downfield. And it's the reason why it's a big deal for defenses, no matter if they are looking directly at the QB, no matter if they are called for being downfield or not.

So now you know and quit saying stupid things thinking it's just about the rule itself and people are only upset because they lost. It's an actual issue. They were supposed to be giving this rule more attention, but they admitted after this that they are unable to police it because the ref in charge of keeping track is also the one who has to keep track of the ball etc. So it's impossible for the ump to know if their are lineman downfield which has lead to the exploits.

Probably be years before anything is fixed with the way college football works.

PS: Gus Malzahn teaches highschool coaches the things I mention here and says the exact same things. It's a low risk - high reward play as far as the penalty goes.

Teams are starting to pick it up all over college football. Alabama has also done it.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they chamge it from 3 yds to 1 yd the Oline downfield will still be missed. The way to fix it is to make it a reviewable/challengable play.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these number 1 recruiting classes. He gets the best players yet his defense continues giving up 40+

It is on him for not being progressive w/ his defensive style
You must not have watched the game on Saturday, at least 30 of Ole Miss's points scored wasnt the defenses fault.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they chamge it from 3 yds to 1 yd the Oline downfield will still be missed. The way to fix it is to make it a reviewable/challengable play.

With only a 1 yard cushion they couldn't get away with it much at all IMO.

Read my paragraph above on what they are doing. They won't really be able to run block on pass plays if they only have 1 yard cushion because they will get over that 1 yard real easy and fast too often.

It's much easier to see someone is 1 yard beyond the LoS than 3 yards as well. Basically anytime you would see run blocking on a pass play it would end up a penalty.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have watched the game on Saturday, at least 30 of Ole Miss's points scored wasnt the defenses fault.
Was Mississippi's 500 yards of offense not Bama's defense's fault either?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Mississippi's 500 yards of offense not Bama's defense's fault either?

66 yards on the pop pass. 73 yards on the LoS throw.

140 yards on 2 plays. So total yards isn't the concern.

Really, Ole Miss had 1 actual drive that was just good offense and/or bad defense. Other than that, the biggest problem I saw defensively is with our red zone defense. We didn't do a good job of stopping Ole Miss in the red zone, after we repeatedly gave them the ball with inside our own 30. I think we got 1 FG on the 1st turnover, and then after that they scored TD's off the turnovers.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me, because I seem to be fuzzy on this subject.

Is giving up 433 yards to an FBS opponent the same, better, or worse than giving up 550 yards to an FCS opponent? If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so easy for you guys to troll Alabama after they lose. It's like you've been saving it up all offseason just DYING for your chance to spew bullshit. It's fucking hilarious. Saban filed a complaint because the rules aren't being enforced. That's a legit beef. And furthermore, I can't wait to see when any other team out there loses, the excuses that are made, and the bullshit to defend it.

But I'm not gonna call you out on it. I'm just gonna sit back and listen to

"Fire Bob Stoops already"
"I wish we still had Allioti"
"We had injuries"
"We got a BS call late"

And watch the tears run down.

Haters gonna hate on the best. I love how no one is shittalking OSU or TCU for almost losing to teams they should beat handily. Absolutely zero threads. They must have some damn good excuses.

Fans crying is NOT the same as a coach crying.

Saban is such a baby.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not the one who made this comment. ^^^ re: my team's poor defensive performance.
Tell me, because I seem to be fuzzy on this subject.

Is giving up 433 yards to an FBS opponent the same, better, or worse than giving up 550 yards to an FCS opponent? If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.