• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Shazier Will Not Play in 2018

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact he still seems to have intentions of doing so though troubles me.

Me too. I have very impressed with the effort he's put in to walk without any support or help. Amazing.

But it ain't football. One hit away from being paralyzed.

That's said, Bruschi got a lot of these reactions after his stroke and he did ok without issue.

This seems different though.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is highly unlikely he ever plays again, but who are we to deny a man from his passion in life? However overzealous it may appear, I don't know how anyone can knock the man for using football as motivation during rehab. Whether a doc would give him the green light to ever play again is secondary during this time.

Yea it’s scary as hell to think he’ll be risking his future life, but we are still very far away from that becoming a potential reality. I think everyone understands that and is just letting him do whatever he needs to get his mind right. I’m hoping that his family, coaches & doctors try to intervene at the appropriate time if he does get himself close to being back on the football field (if ever). But right now everyone is more focused on his recovery, both physical & emotional aspects of it.

Retiring would likely crush him into depression.

Oh I agree with you but let's see what happens..

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I have very impressed with the effort he's put in to walk without any support or help. Amazing.

But it ain't football. One hit away from being paralyzed.

That's said, Bruschi got a lot of these reactions after his stroke and he did ok without issue.

This seems different though.

Misfiring CPU is much different from not having wiring good to go.