• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Shazier regains feeling in his legs: Father says he will play again

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YankeeRebel

Ah, yea I think only his dad & himself are believing in that. But honestly I think it is just them trying to stay focused on the rehab & keeping his conscious clear of doubt. Nobody outside of that circle realistically believes them when they say it. And deep down I bet even they know he shouldn't play again.

I get it, if that's what motivates him. For me assigning false hope is never a means to an end, I would rather except the reality of my situation, rely on my work ethic, and make every effort to ensure positive results.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, if that's what motivates him. For me assigning false hope is never a means to an end, I would rather except the reality of my situation, rely on my work ethic, and make every effort to ensure positive results.

I think it’s more than motivation for him. Like a lot of very talented young football players it’s really all they know. Giving it up is hard even if you just retire let alone have it taken from you in your prime. The injury, rehab, not knowing if you are gonna walk again, etc is a lot to process. Add in the thing that defines who you are (football) is taken away from you may just be too much to process at one time.

Plus, by saying he’s gonna come back allows him to stay on the Steelers roster and get health ins.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s more than motivation for him. Like a lot of very talented young football players it’s really all they know. Giving it up is hard even if you just retire let alone have it taken from you in your prime. The injury, rehab, not knowing if you are gonna walk again, etc is a lot to process. Add in the thing that defines who you are (football) is taken away from you may just be too much to process at one time.

Plus, by saying he’s gonna come back allows him to stay on the Steelers roster and get health ins.

I'm not sure saying makes a difference,the Steelers could cut him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Also I think Ryan really wants to continue being an inspiration to all those athletes out there dealing with injuries. He has made himself into an icon of sorts on that front. And if he straight up said "i'll never play again" then he would be pulling the rug out from underneath himself and he would feel like he is letting a lot of people down. Its probably more about proving that it can be done and solidifying that icon status.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news. not sure if he will actually play again but he's making progress at least.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Also I think Ryan really wants to continue being an inspiration to all those athletes out there dealing with injuries. He has made himself into an icon of sorts on that front. And if he straight up said "i'll never play again" then he would be pulling the rug out from underneath himself and he would feel like he is letting a lot of people down. Its probably more about proving that it can be done and solidifying that icon status.
Yeah, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news. not sure if he will actually play again but he's making progress at least.

I think we all at least hope he can walk on his own and have some sort of normal life once all the support and media hype ends. And it will end.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all at least hope he can walk on his own and have some sort of normal life once all the support and media hype ends. And it will end.
He's already walking on his own. Even danced at his own wedding just a few months ago.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, if he can return to the football field, what a story!