• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Shazier regains feeling in his legs: Father says he will play again

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if he regains function , and is cleared . How is he at further sci risk? I keep asking no one knows

Be millionaire.
Almost lose your legs playing a sport.
Finally walk after 2 years.
Still millionaire.
Go back to doing something you almost lost your legs at.

TOPPEST OF LOL

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be millionaire.
Almost lose your legs playing a sport.
Finally walk after 2 years.
Still millionaire.
Go back to doing something you almost lost your legs at.

TOPPEST OF LOL
was looking for a medical reason

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player steps on the field knowing they could be permanently injured. Thats the game. Hell, they're all already getting permanently injured in the head... let the young man get his money while he can if he can get back into NFL shape.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was looking for a medical reason

Sorry my friend, not a doctor. If I was, you think I would be posting anonymously on SportsHoopla?
I would be putting silicone in some blonde's chest in Beverly Hills right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry my friend, not a doctor. If I was, you think I would be posting anonymously on SportsHoopla?
I would be putting silicone in some blonde's chest in Beverly Hills right now.
thats a great point:suds:

like we stated earlier. IF IF IF hes cleared neurologically, its highly unlikely hes at additionaly SCI risk, at least beyond that of any other player. BUt again , the chances of him recovering to a point that hes a pro athlete are so insanely slim. Hes made unreal progress. This is one of those feel good, f' yeah, WOW recoveries, with more to come. But again, box jumps arent the nfl.......

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope for his sake he never plays again & he saved his money.

Go into coaching, dude. You'll have plenty of time to grow into the job & possibly be great.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely he will have some
Level of impairment permanently, what and how much tbd. Could be something minimal that u don’t even notice. Could be he can’t control his bladder. You don’t know

One thing I wondered is if spinal fusion produces less flexibility and the more joints that are fused, the more lost?
I have avoided spinal surgery and intend to keep it that way.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I wondered is if spinal fusion produces less flexibility and the more joints that are fused, the more lost?
I have avoided spinal surgery and intend to keep it that way.....
To answer yes u will likely lose some spinal range of motion, but it depends what u r fusing? Care to share?

Also the level of pain and impairment greatly determine if you should do it imho. There’s always risks

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life is trying to tell him something, but like most folks, he'll probably keep beating his head against that wall.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does have a 100% recovery and comes back to play...one down in a preseason game, to start the game, where he lines up and plays a snap with a RB doing an easy and unblocked end around where Ryan can safely tackle him. Then he walks off to a huge ovation and retires. Everyone wins, everyone feels good, and the guy doesn't potentially kill himself.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he stays on around the clubhouse for inspiration and what not.

Saw a video of him dancing at his wedding recently. Really happy for the kid.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will ever regain the speed that made him a 1st round pick. I think he will be more gun shy at the point of attack, and I am sure his reaction speed will be off. He is never going to make it back to 100%, and if he only makes it back to 75%, there are undrafted college free agents that can bring speed, power and potential to a team more than a guy that has been out of football for several years, endured a life altering injury and is not as strong at the point of attack.

This is not a game you play at half speed. Millions of dollars are spent on that 0.05 second better 40 yard dash. The instincts and reaction time, cuts, jumping ability, etc. I hope he returns to a lifestyle that is nearly unlimited, but the dude is never playing professional football again, especially at LB.

He may wind up making a great LB coach though. He is smart and played at a high level. He can succeed in life still. He will just never be a professional football player again.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great news!!!! Hope he plays again and soon

I hope he is smart enough never to chance that or worse happening to him again by playing a stupid game...I'm sure he has been compensated well so money isn't the issue....
Live your life and enjoy your family and real friends....No amount of money could ever match the joy that will bring you....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Whatever you say.

Either way he's stupid to play again.
Agreed, absolutely ridiculous to seriously entertain the notion. Hey, no problem in giving the guy some hope, but when reality sets in, his chances of ever playing again are zero.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay they really need to let go of the "He will play again" I just can't see this happening, and if it does then the man is flippin idiot. Dress him for one game, get with the other team put him on the field for one play, then call it a career.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay they really need to let go of the "He will play again" I just can't see this happening, and if it does then the man is flippin idiot. Dress him for one game, get with the other team put him on the field for one play, then call it a career.
Who is sayin he will play again?