• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Pole Hired as Bears GM

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. Will interview Caldwell, Quinn, and Eberflus for HC gig.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with every hiring, hoping for the best but you just never know. Look forward to the hindsight though.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George personally up picking Ryan from O'Hare Airport was a big clue he was getting the nod.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 36, but he's coming from a damn good organization in the Chiefs. Had no idea the Bears signed him as a UFA back in '08, altho he never played a lick of pro ball. Wish him well.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was supposed to interview with Minnesota tomorrow.

Either he got wind he wasn't mn top choice or Chicago blew him away.

It'll be interesting with both our clubs getting new leadership

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think we Bears fans at the least give him some slack to see how he pans out.
Yeah... I just remember the last hire from KC.

I am skeptical because I don't trust the McCaskey's decision-making skills.

But as a Bears fan, I hope he succeeds.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That makes two of us. I've begged for decades that the McCaskeys sell the franchise, but for some odd reason they refuse to listen to me. But regardless, I just feel we owe Pole some space to see how he handles the GM duties. Might as well take the glass half full approach.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes two of us. I've begged for decades that the McCaskeys sell the franchise, but for some odd reason they refuse to listen to me. But regardless, I just feel we owe Pole some space to see how he handles the GM duties. Might as well take the glass half full approach.
I agree.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bugs me it was unanimous decision. Which Teddy had voted a different way. >mutters<

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Polian was more or less running the search. But I understand the trepidation.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn... Quinn and Caldwell are really 2 of our 3 finalists? Shit man. 66% chance we get one of two guys who have already failed.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn... Quinn and Caldwell are really 2 of our 3 finalists? Shit man. 66% chance we get one of two guys who have already failed.

Never heard of Eberfluss,but Caldwell and especially Quinn,I do not want.....

I was really hoping for to see an interview with KCs o-coordintaator Bienemy or GBs....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really hoping for to see an interview with KCs o-coordintaator Bienemy or GBs....
I was hoping the Bears would look at the OC from the Bills, Daboll. Not sure how he would be as a Head Coach, but I sure like his O.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful he will expand the search past those three. Fingers crossed Daboll will land in the Windy City, but it's looking doubtful?

Eberflus is my second choice so I will not be that bummed out if he gets the gig. One of my brothers is a Colts fan and thinks highly of him. Says he gets an unfair rap by fans and most of the Colts defensive woes were because of poor player selection by the GM and Matt was able to make chicken salad out of chicken feed. And IF he gets the nod I read, elsewhere, he wants Mike Kafka (Chiefs QB coach and passing coordinator) to be his OC. This wouldn't be to bad because he can spend far more time with Justin to help develop him and only have to worry about one side of the ball as opposed to the entire team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eberfluss is Bill Polian's recommendation after we brought him on as an outside consultant. Indy's DC. 5 straight top 10 finishes or something for that D under him. Supposed to be a real bright up and coming coach. Which I'd rather have than two guys who have already been through the mill and got washed out. I want him, even if by default. If he can bring a good offensive mind along with him, I would be into that.

Quinn and Caldwell wreak of McCaskey guys. Just another John Fox.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful he will expand the search past those three. Fingers crossed Daboll will land in the Windy City, but it's looking doubtful?

Eberflus is my second choice so I will not be that bummed out if he gets the gig. One of my brothers is a Colts fan and thinks highly of him. Says he gets an unfair rap by fans and most of the Colts defensive woes were because of poor player selection by the GM and Matt was able to make chicken salad out of chicken feed. And IF he gets the nod I read, elsewhere, he wants Mike Kafka (Chiefs QB coach and passing coordinator) to be his OC. This wouldn't be to bad because he can spend far more time with Justin to help develop him and only have to worry about one side of the ball as opposed to the entire team.
Unfortunately, it does not seem like we're overly into Daboll. I do like Eberflus, though.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eberfluss is Bill Polian's recommendation after we brought him on as an outside consultant. Indy's DC. 5 straight top 10 finishes or something for that D under him. Supposed to be a real bright up and coming coach. Which I'd rather have than two guys who have already been through the mill and got washed out. I want him, even if by default. If he can bring a good offensive mind along with him, I would be into that.

Quinn and Caldwell wreak of McCaskey guys. Just another John Fox.

Im wanting some hipowered offense.....Love to a Mahomes,Burrows,Herbert,Brady type of offense.......but we'll see.....just be a coach we can depend on.....