• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Miller Suffered Concussion Late in Regular Season

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller told reporters on Thursday he suffered a concussion late in the regular season, forcing him to miss some games.

Other Sabres news:
-Pat Kaleta says he broke hand blocking shot during game six.
-Steve Montador open to return with Sabres despite being scratched for Game 7.
-Mike Grier considering retirement, or return with Sabres based on discussion with team.

Buffalo Sabres Goaltender Ryan Miller Suffered Concussion Late in Regular Season | wgrz.com

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller told reporters there were four shots in a one-week span in late March that hit him in the head, with blasts by New Jersey's Brian Rolston on March 26 and by Toronto's Dion Phaneuf on March 29 doing the most damage. However, Miller said it was the cumulative effect of the pucks' impacts that forced him to sit out four games. Multiple media outlets at the time reported that Miller's injury, which the Sabres listed as an upper-body injury, was a bruised collarbone suffered on the Phaneuf shot. Miller acknowledged Thursday that he did have a significant bruise in the area of his collarbone, but not bad enough to force him to miss as many games as he did. He returned to play parts of the final two regular-season games, and started the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Philadelphia Flyers in fine form, stopping all 35 shots he faced in a 1-0 shutout victory. He also had a 1-0 shutout in Game 4, but finished the series allowing nine goals in the final two games, capped by him being pulled less than two minutes into the third period of Game 7. It was the first time Miller had been pulled from a Stanley Cup Playoff game.

Sabres' Miller admits to late-season concussion - Flyers v Sabres - 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Quarterfinals

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god the masks today are a lot safer that the ones they had back in the day. I cant believe there was a time, when goalies actually played without a mask. Sounds like he took some nasty shots, glad he's alright.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there's no long term damage. Miller is one of the most fun goalies in the league to watch.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two shots from Rolston and Phaneuf were real bell ringers. You could see Miller was obviously stunned by both. He still played pretty good down the stretch.

On a side note even though the players were down about being eliminated several of them mentioned being excited about the future and they all said how much they like Terry Pegula. This guy's energy and passion is very contagious.

I know I feel much better about the organization then I did with the past two owners. It reminds me of the days when the Knox family owned the team.

It may take a year or two but I have a good feeling about things. :bounce:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two shots from Rolston and Phaneuf were real bell ringers. You could see Miller was obviously stunned by both. He still played pretty good down the stretch.

On a side note even though the players were down about being eliminated several of them mentioned being excited about the future and they all said how much they like Terry Pegula. This guy's energy and passion is very contagious.

I know I feel much better about the organization then I did with the past two owners. It reminds me of the days when the Knox family owned the team.

It may take a year or two but I have a good feeling about things. :bounce:

Boss, the Sabres have a franchise goalie in his prime, a franchise defenseman not even close to his prime yet, a rabid fanbase, and a new owner who wants to win. At this point it's hard not to be optimistic for what's to come.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, the Sabres have a franchise goalie in his prime, a franchise defenseman not even close to his prime yet, a rabid fanbase, and a new owner who wants to win. At this point it's hard not to be optimistic for what's to come.

Pegula said he wants to run the organization like the Red Wings so that is a good thing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside we all knew Rolstons contract was A mistake.Rolston does however still have A very heavy shot.I remember the shot boss was speaking of and it wasn't A pleasant one I did not see the Phaneuf shot however.Hopefully The Miller will be ok and have A full recovery with no lasting effects.He is definately one of my favorite goalies in the league

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 shutouts against one of the deepest teams in the league AND in the playoffs to boot??

Shiiiiit......he's fine.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure he's even reached his prime yet.