• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Clark on Boldin

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens’ decision to trade their No. 1 receiver, Anquan Boldin, to the 49ers for a sixth-round draft pick has been met with approval by one of the players who had to cover Boldin twice a year.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark said on NFL AM that he welcomes Boldin being moved out of the AFC.

“I’m not upset about it at all — I think that was a very good move by the Baltimore Ravens,” Clark said with a laugh.

According to Clark, Boldin is the hardest player to match up with in the Ravens’ passing game, and a player Baltimore will miss in 2013.

“If you look at the plays Anquan Boldin makes . . . you think about the plays he made to get them to that Super Bowl, I think he’s the difference-maker, he’s the guy who brings the toughness to that receiving corps, I think it’s going to be tough to replace him, both leadership-wise, as well as his play on the field,” Clark said.

Boldin led the Ravens in receiving yards all three years he played for them, so it’s easy to see why Clark would think he’s a hard player to replace. On the other hand, the Ravens have a long history of proving that they can find adequate replacements for aging veterans. Clark may find this year that he’s covering a pretty good Ravens receiving corps even without that difference-maker who’s now in San Francisco

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens team guide to success in 2013:
Step 1) Overpay your QB on a contract extension.
Step 2) Get rid of the best WR on the team.
Step 3) ????
Step 4) Profit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Step 3) ????
Step 4) Profit.

Step 3 is screw the Broncos (and the rest of the AFC) by stealing a consistent, double-digit sack artist from 'em.

Ozzie Newsome knows what he's doing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo the broncos wanted to cut him loose cuss of miller

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 3) ????
Step 4) Profit.

ravens-confetti-angel-super-bowl-gif.gif

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will have a chance to get back to the SB where as the Ravens wont sniff one for a long time with the roster they have

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i still don't understand why Ozzie didn't try to play hardball with Flacco - it's not as if Flacco was going to go sign with the Browns or Bills. I just can't believe that he's the highest paid QB...what a joke

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still don't understand why Ozzie didn't try to play hardball with Flacco - it's not as if Flacco was going to go sign with the Browns or Bills. I just can't believe that he's the highest paid QB...what a joke

I don't understand either. It is like when Kolb and Cassel were traded, they rushed to extend them to show support for the guys, despite already showing that support through what they gave up. I get not wanting to lose a guy after losing picks and/or players and the ability to cut players, but sometimes it is crazy.

PS I am starting to hate autocorrect - it changed Kolb for kola. WTF is kola? Is it the companion of coke (cocaine) as in coca-cola? Kola is a bit of a sissy drug to cocaine, riding its coat tails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand either. It is like when Kolb and Cassel were traded, they rushed to extend them to show support for the guys, despite already showing that support through what they gave up. I get not wanting to lose a guy after losing picks and/or players and the ability to cut players, but sometimes it is crazy.

PS I am starting to hate autocorrect - it changed Kolb for kola. WTF is kola? Is it the companion of coke (cocaine) as in coca-cola? Kola is a bit of a sissy drug to cocaine, riding its coat tails.

Ya'll need to look at the structure of a contract instead of judging it based on total amount. His deal will be re-done before the cap money kicks in on the back of the deal. Don't fall for the fluff.

"Flacco’s $6.8 million 2013 cap number is comparable to the first year cap numbers in the contracts of Baltimore’s second and third highest-paid players. Ngata and Suggs had $7.1 million and $7.02 million first year cap numbers in their contracts. Flacco’s 2014 and 2015 cap numbers at $14.8 million and $14.55 million are quite reasonable.

Flacco could be in line for a contract extension in 2016 when there are three years remaining on his contract"

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/A-comprehensive-look-at-Joe-Flaccos-contract.html