• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RVNight.. I Got a Question

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife just got Mars candy company to sign a paper to no longer produce king sized candy bars. i am about tired of these people. This country was founded on the principle of the government that governs least governs best. Don't you have more important things to worry about? Stay the hell out of my life. I am an adult and can make my own choices. I am responsible for those choices and my actions. i don't need some stupid government official telling me what to eat, what to wear, or anything else. Stay the fuck out of my business. They need to be kicked out asap.

The thread got moved so I couldn't ask you in it. Were you serious when you posted this? That is one of the...let me see how to say this...most silly rants I've ever heard towards politics.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm just pointing out to you that you said you want the President out because is wife urged a candy bar company to stop making king size bars. It's all about the kids, she's not in your business, the whole health campaign is directed towards the kids. Those are the ones that need help with their choices. She also been all on Nicolodeon teaching kids to eat salads, proper food portions and urging kids to put down the video games and get some excercise. It's all about the kids, she's not trying to regulate adults. Instead of a king size you could buy 2.

I just responed to that post because I think with that one, you're focused on the wrong shit! King size candy bar rant? WOW!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife just got Mars candy company to sign a paper to no longer produce king sized candy bars. i am about tired of these people. This country was founded on the principle of the government that governs least governs best. Don't you have more important things to worry about? Stay the hell out of my life. I am an adult and can make my own choices. I am responsible for those choices and my actions. i don't need some stupid government official telling me what to eat, what to wear, or anything else. Stay the fuck out of my business. They need to be kicked out asap.

The thread got moved so I couldn't ask you in it. Were you serious when you posted this? That is one of the...let me see how to say this...most silly rants I've ever heard towards politics.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm just pointing out to you that you said you want the President out because is wife urged a candy bar company to stop making king size bars. It's all about the kids, she's not in your business, the whole health campaign is directed towards the kids. Those are the ones that need help with their choices. She also been all on Nicolodeon teaching kids to eat salads, proper food portions and urging kids to put down the video games and get some excercise. It's all about the kids, she's not trying to regulate adults. Instead of a king size you could buy 2.

I just responed to that post because I think with that one, you're focused on the wrong shit! King size candy bar rant? WOW!

I know this wasn't addressed towards me, but i agree. Child obesity is a major issue in this country and I'm glad she's making an effort to do something about it. She could just be sitting on her ass smiling at the cameras, but she's not.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Look the candy bar thing is just one more thing on top of all the other shit. But the federal government does no have the power to tell companies what they can and can not make. While childhood obesity is up, it is not the governments job to take care of it. The government is not here to make people's choices for them. I have the right to either buy my kid a king sized or not to buy my kid a king sized. The government has no damn say in it. The government has very few things they are supposed to be doing. This is not one of them. This country is falling apart and they are focused on king sized candy bars instead of the ridiculous debt they are piling up. It is such a joke. They are playing you guys like fools. "oh look, they care about the kids. What great people. Who cares if they haven't passed a budget since he has been in office. They care about the kids". Look if they want to do the kids a favor, quit spending them into debt. They could give two shits about the kids.

This stuff starts off slow. First it was light bubs. Now it is king sized candy bars. Could somebody please show me anywhere in the constitution where it says "the federal government has the right to decide what people can make and what they can't make. What they can consume and how much they can consume."

I don't just want these people out because of the candy bars. I want them out because there "hope and change" is completely Un-American. Obamacare. Making GE into a bank so they can receive bailout money, then appointing the CEO head of the creating jobs committee. Having them reach record profits, yet paying no taxes. Isn't his what he ran against? didn't he say he was against big corporations running this country? Didn't he say Bush spent way way to much money? Yet this cat has spent more money than any president in history combined. The U6 unemployment rate is 17% for crying out loud. The man needs to go.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look the candy bar thing is just one more thing on top of all the other shit. But the federal government does no have the power to tell companies what they can and can not make. While childhood obesity is up, it is not the governments job to take care of it. The government is not here to make people's choices for them. I have the right to either buy my kid a king sized or not to buy my kid a king sized. The government has no damn say in it. The government has very few things they are supposed to be doing. This is not one of them. This country is falling apart and they are focused on king sized candy bars instead of the ridiculous debt they are piling up. It is such a joke. They are playing you guys like fools. "oh look, they care about the kids. What great people. Who cares if they haven't passed a budget since he has been in office. They care about the kids". Look if they want to do the kids a favor, quit spending them into debt. They could give two shits about the kids.

This stuff starts off slow. First it was light bubs. Now it is king sized candy bars. Could somebody please show me anywhere in the constitution where it says "the federal government has the right to decide what people can make and what they can't make. What they can consume and how much they can consume."

I don't just want these people out because of the candy bars. I want them out because there "hope and change" is completely Un-American. Obamacare. Making GE into a bank so they can receive bailout money, then appointing the CEO head of the creating jobs committee. Having them reach record profits, yet paying no taxes. Isn't his what he ran against? didn't he say he was against big corporations running this country? Didn't he say Bush spent way way to much money? Yet this cat has spent more money than any president in history combined. The U6 unemployment rate is 17% for crying out loud. The man needs to go.

I share your beliefs that the smaller the government the better. I don't even like people telling me what to do, let alone government. But, this wasn't a federal law, it was a PR move to respond to Michelle's initiatives. The initiatives likely use American tax dollars, so there may be some grief there, but it isn't legislative. So the federal government is not forcing Mars to discontinue their King Sized bars.

What likely could have happened was Michelle's program may have told Mars that Congress could take action to regulate interstate commerce with the stated interest, but Mars backed down to avoid this (as a concession). I don't think this congress would be able to pass anything, so doing so was purely a PR move, not a move to an actual threat. But I may be wrong; I would not support it because I think there's enough things the government tells you to do or not do. Frankly, I don't know how they would structure any law that wasn't overbroad.

Secondly, Michelle Obama is behind this and she's not a member of congress, so congress is not spending time on childhood obesity. Michelle, took this action as a citizen, a high profile citizen, but not as a politician. Perhaps, as a first lady, she could spend some time on budget stuff, but I don't expect her to do so. She could have taken on some reading programs or something else (in response to those who say at least she's doing something - this wasn't a choice between doing this or doing nothing).

I'm not Pro-Obama any more than I'm Pro-Bush or Pro-Clinton. I never thought to be against my country's president despite me not agreeing with them. I think his term has been a huge disappointment. I thought Bush's terms were, too. And I know I couldn't do better. I don't know who out there is better, but I can't see someone much worse winning. Whoever wins will be better at some things and worse at others. I don't like hearing one side telling me how bad the other side is. I'd like to hear why their side is good without reference to other people.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW!!! I feel sorry for you, Bro. I hope you get your mind right.

How is it his fault that the House (Republicans) won't let one bill pass? My problem with that is that I say if you guys know that his bills won't work, then let him embarrass himself, then I'll be the first to help vote him out. The U.S. has been fucked for the past 12 years now, a couple of Obama bills passed won't spiral the U.S. any worse then it already is (if they fail).

The health care bill plan has been working just fine in Europe and Canada, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work out here? You talk about the unemployment rate (which is at it's lowest in 3 years right now), well Obamacare would create so many jobs from construction, to janitors, to medical positions, computer techs, as well as other jobs that relate to putting together new facilities.

It's O.K. for you to have your opinion and preferences, I'm not trying to convert you, I'm just saying that it seems that YOU'RE the one that is being fooled.

AGAIN, I'M NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE, I'm not equipped enough to get into one, nor do I feel like it. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs (regardless of how twisted they are).

Bless your little heart, Bro, that kingsize candy bar ban seems to really have you heated. My advice to you, if you want your kid eating a kingsize candy bar and they aren't available, just buy him two of them. She urged the ban on behalf of child obesity, I'm not sure what your problem is with a woman going out of her way to try to help a country that needs it?

No disrespect, I don't even know you, you're probably a great dude. It's just amzing to me how some people's brain works.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dont have an opinion on the candy bars.

My problem with america is this: parents have forgotten how to be parents. If parents would learn to say no to kids and quit treating them like babies (well on up into their teens), then it wouldnt matter how many damn king size candy bars there are. I watch as my friends around me start families and I see how instead of correcting their kids they count to three..which never works. And forget actually prepping healthy meals..no way, why do that when you can order out for pizza nonstop? Kids know they can get away with anything and they also know that if they kick and scream enough they'll get what they want..whether it be a king size candy bar or anything else for that matter. So my opinion is to demand more from parents..I have some very extreme ideas on how to FORCE parents to be parents but most would have an issue with it Im sure.

Anyway, got our first snow here in Va today and Im going to play in it now that its midnight :) Peace out folks.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhh... Michelle Obama is not "they" and she is not the "Federal government" she is the First Lady. First Ladies always have pet programs, her pet program has been child health/obesity. What the hell is wrong with that? What the hell do lightbulbs have to do with Michelle Obama? And what the hell is wrong with requiring companies to stop creating light bulbs from the 1800s that are horribly inefficient when there is a cheap and viable alternative? That's just smart. Candy bars pffft.

One other thing... the current administration has accumulated a debt of around $3 trillion so far - considering the national debt is around $14 trillion your claim that "...this cat has spent more money than any president in history combined" is just absurd and completely ignorant and absolutely incorrect.

The Obama administration has kept spending at about the same level that the Bush administration spent in 09. You can't just cut spending - especially $1.3 trillion or so (the yearly defecit) - in the midst of bad economic times. Cutting spending means cutting jobs basically - not a good idea to add $1.3 trillion worth of government jobs to the unemployment line when we are just pulling out of this recession.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have an opinion on the candy bars.

My problem with america is this: parents have forgotten how to be parents. If parents would learn to say no to kids and quit treating them like babies (well on up into their teens), then it wouldnt matter how many damn king size candy bars there are. I watch as my friends around me start families and I see how instead of correcting their kids they count to three..which never works. And forget actually prepping healthy meals..no way, why do that when you can order out for pizza nonstop? Kids know they can get away with anything and they also know that if they kick and scream enough they'll get what they want..whether it be a king size candy bar or anything else for that matter. So my opinion is to demand more from parents..I have some very extreme ideas on how to FORCE parents to be parents but most would have an issue with it Im sure.

Anyway, got our first snow here in Va today and Im going to play in it now that its midnight :) Peace out folks.

I agree that parents need to be like (real) parents used to be. However, a thing King Size candy bars is taking the availability away from kids when they enter the store. Kids (ages 8-12)with limited money aren't more likely to buy two candy bars as they are to pay a few more cents for a King Size. Taking that choice away is what kids need.

Did you guys know that in Europe (where there are no obesity problems) at fast food restaurants the biggest sodas ANYONE can order are equivilent to our smalls?

http://portionteller.com/pdf/jphpJune07.pdf

It takes a village to raise a child, in this case it takes a country to raise several. Kids don't make good choices always, the parents can't always be there to choose for them. I agree 100% with taking away some of the bad choices. She's doing a great job to fight an epidemic.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
RV, I'm just wondering how you feel about the legal drinking, gambling, driving ages etc. Should government rescind those laws and allow parents to decide when their children should be allowed to do each of those things?

Why is government in everyone's business?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
First off stop blaming the republicans for not passing a bill. I don't consider myself a republican because they are jut as bad. Obama had the house and senate when he first came into office. And not by a little. He could pass anything even without a single republican voting for it. So blame Obama and the democrats. I mean they were the ones saying that you have to read a bill before you read it. And those bills did hurt. We were told that if the 1 trillion dollar stimulus was pased unemployment would not go above 8%. Well we all know it went above that and he wanted another trillion for a stimulus.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Healthcare does not work in Europe and it does not work in Canada. Greece is goinnubder and they have been told they have to get rid of government healthcare because it is too expensive. People from around the world come here to get treated by our doctors. Is there problems with it? You bet your ass there is. But the last thing I want is the government controlling my healthcare. If you trust a politician with your families health I feel bad for you. I don't trust them with mine.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What is wrong with the government taking away light bulbs? Because that is t there fucking job. That simple man. If you like the government getting involved in shit like that move to china or Venezuela. Government is not here to make your decisions. You have to be a big boy and do it yourself.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
First ladies have a huge influence on their husbands, the president. My wife and I always talk about things that we find important. Question eachothers ideas. Give eachothers advice. If you actually believe that she has no say or impact on his decisions you couldn't be more wrong.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes there are a lot of bad parents out there. But there are also good parents as well. Government is not here to teach people how to be a good parent.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Actually drinking should be 18. Gambling is 18. Driving is 16. But a lot if these should/are up to the states themselves. Most states don't allow gambling. This is how the government was suppossed to be. The states would make the choice of ages and gambling rights, and if you didn't like it, you could move to another state, or gote people in to change it. A lot easier to get things done at the state and local levels than federal.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry for all the typos. On my iPhone and my fingers are fat...

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Bro, I just got to say I believe you to be mislead as well. Drinking age 18??? are you kidding me??? I think it is bad enough at 21 with the way people raise their kids these days it should be more like 25. Most people under that age are very immature and should not be trusted. Parents need to do what they did when I was a kid and get the paddle and give their kids a nice quick swat.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
18 year old "kids" can die for this country, yet not drink?

I agree with parents being too soft on kids by the way. I am not talking about kicking the shit out of them, but I never pissed my dad off because i knew better. But also never wanted to disappoint him. It is a fine line. I wasn't afraid of my dad, but afraid to let him down.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for all the typos. On my iPhone and my fingers are fat...

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just saying that now I understand why the King Size candy bar ban struck a nerve in you.

I just want to post a couple of links and a quote for you, I see you really have no idea what you're talking about. I notice that your going off of what you heard, obviously from some people that are very clueless themselves.

Steven Hill: What Obama Can Learn from European Healthcare

France and Italy, which have universal health care coverage for all their residents, even recent immigrants, were ranked first and second in the WHO listing. Most other European nations, who also have universal coverage for all, also were ranked near the top.

Is Europe's Health Care Better? - BusinessWeek

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org

Japanese Pay Less for More Health Care : NPR

I'm trying not to cross any boundaries with what I say, but fuck it. I feel real sorry for any younger people you're passing this bad information around to. It's really not fair to them. I truly hope you encourage the people around you to research information for themselves vs repeating what someone thought they heard.

:burt: