• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson needs to realize

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won that SB, not because of divine inspiration but because he was surrounded by a bunch of trash-talking cut-throat teammates. Seattle had that WOW factor then. They were a team that made you want to hate them because they were unfairly good. I would say that I did not respect Seattle until they were milder. I even questioned Wilson's faith. I did not respect Aaron Rodgers(as a player) either until I wanted him to beat the opposition.

It speaks volumes when you realize it's easier to respect players after the fact and not during. Look at the current SB winners and teams playing in SBs, if you're not game breakingly good with attitude(not just on the field attitude either) you're not going to get very far.

96 catchs for over 1000 yards in just three starts, pretty impressive. Better than an 11 yard average.
He played in 3 Suprbowls, losing all 3.
Dropped the winning TD in his 2nd.....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget DK Metcalf is 6 inches taller and 45 lbs heavier than Hill.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's track speed and football speed.

FYI 40 speeds are far more important in football vs. 100 times.

DK Metcalf 4.33, Tyreek Hill 4.29 in the 40. No Metcalf isn't as fast as Hill, but he 100% has ELITE NFL speed.
Metcalf is a beast, but he still isn't a clear #1 option at this point. People who just watch highlights and listen to national media didn't pay attention to his drops, which was a bit of an issue. His route running is much better than expected coming out of college but he still needs to improve that also.
I certainly hopes he improves those aspects so he can become a true #1 and virtually unstoppable but he wasn't quite there last year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf is a beast, but he still isn't a clear #1 option at this point. People who just watch highlights and listen to national media didn't pay attention to his drops, which was a bit of an issue. His route running is much better than expected coming out of college but he still needs to improve that also.
I certainly hopes he improves those aspects so he can become a true #1 and virtually unstoppable but he wasn't quite there last year.
His drops are huge. I'm just pointing out to SPEED guy (RaZon) Metcalf is a lot faster than he thinks.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His drops are huge. I'm just pointing out to SPEED guy (RaZon) Metcalf is a lot faster than he thinks.
I will never forget him running down Budda Baker, looked like a lion chasing down a gazelle for the kill. Buddas shorts became 5 lbs heavier when he looked on the screen and shit himself

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! You've been pretty good about not constantly ranting your Hawk hate on this subject, but you just couldn't let it go without trying to squeeze some b.s. in.

Harvin's demise was his own fault. A 2-cent brain to go with his athletic talents. Seriously, he is/was an arrogant idiot who dug his own career grave with his mouth.

Graham did decline. A major injury had a lot to do with that. It's not like he has suddenly played better in GB or Chi after he left. At least I can see this one as debatable, even if blaming Wilson for his decline is a bit short sighted.

Tate continued doing what he does in Detroit for some years after he got arrested, and also screwed his QBs fiancee. He had no decline while in Seattle. He didn't even start until his 3rd year, and he was never a #1 option.

.......but I expect no less from you with your "hate everything Seattle related" agenda. I was surprised you've been as civil as you have until this dumb ass comment seeped out.
Cute,
no really. So you agree in not so many words regardless of their individual circumstances. The fact remains all the players I listed had better careers going until they ended up in Seattle. Sorry but that's not debateable. Their stats prove my point.

You also just brushed over the part of where I said it could be a QB or system thing.

But continue you on with your whoa is me diatribe. This is a sports site. Pull up your skirt man.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cute,
no really. So you agree in not so many words regardless of their individual circumstances. The fact remains all the players I listed had better careers going until they ended up in Seattle. Sorry but that's not debateable. Their stats prove my point.

You also just brushed over the part of where I said it could be a QB or system thing.

But continue you on with your whoa is me diatribe. This is a sports site. Pull up your skirt man.
Nice try but not even close.

Please explain to me again how Golden Tate's career died because of his time in Seattle. You can't, and it didn't. He steadily improved his game until he ran himself out of town via his own personal mistakes. Then he put up even better numbers when he was in Detroit.

Harvin's failure is because he is a complete idiot, not anything to do with a specific QB or a system. He is a loudmouthed moron who killed his own career via his big mouth and shitty attitude.

Your ridiculous theory has absolutely zero standing. 2 of your 3 examples are 100% moot.

The Graham example at least has some basis in reality. He didn't maintain his lofty status but he also blew out his patellar tendon and lost a year, and wasn't 100% for some time after he did return. So there is that.

You've already proven to everyone that you have no idea on how to evaluate WRs (still LOL at your Harry is = to Metcalf ranting! Thanks for that!) so I'll take your lack of credibility on the subject for what it is: continued biased anti-Seahawk hate. I give you credit for toning it down a notch but you just can't step away from it, can you?

That sad, sad story you told about how some 12s were mean to you after a game once really did a number on you didn't it? Maybe some therapy would help you get over it?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try but not even close.

Please explain to me again how Golden Tate's career died because of his time in Seattle. You can't, and it didn't. He steadily improved his game until he ran himself out of town via his own personal mistakes. Then he put up even better numbers when he was in Detroit.

Harvin's failure is because he is a complete idiot, not anything to do with a specific QB or a system. He is a loudmouthed moron who killed his own career via his big mouth and shitty attitude.

Your ridiculous theory has absolutely zero standing. 2 of your 3 examples are 100% moot.

The Graham example at least has some basis in reality. He didn't maintain his lofty status but he also blew out his patellar tendon and lost a year, and wasn't 100% for some time after he did return. So there is that.

You've already proven to everyone that you have no idea on how to evaluate WRs (still LOL at your Harry is = to Metcalf ranting! Thanks for that!) so I'll take your lack of credibility on the subject for what it is: continued biased anti-Seahawk hate. I give you credit for toning it down a notch but you just can't step away from it, can you?

That sad, sad story you told about how some 12s were mean to you after a game once really did a number on you didn't it? Maybe some therapy would help you get over it?
Cool story

Any more excuses?

Since you follow me like a crazed dog you should know I retracted the statement about DK and Harry.

Funny how you and others avoid the comment about the RB comparison.

Keep the cherry picking to a minimum that's a good stratedgy.

Oh and I love how you think some moronic 12s had any effect on me other then proving my point what a bunch of knuckle dragger fans you bandwagon fans are.

Your story might hold credibility except others validated my statements. To include season ticket holders.

Keep the derp alive

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story

Any more excuses?

Since you follow me like a crazed dog you should know I retracted the statement about DK and Harry.

Funny how you and others avoid the comment about the RB comparison.

Keep the cherry picking to a minimum that's a good stratedgy.

Oh and I love how you think some moronic 12s had any effect on me other then proving my point what a bunch of knuckle dragger fans you bandwagon fans are.

Your story might hold credibility except others validated my statements. To include season ticket holders.

Keep the derp alive
LOL! "Validated my statements"! Funny stuff!

Thanks for apparently conceding your lame "Seattle is where WRs go to die" bullshit "point" though.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he won a Super Bowl with a lot of talent around him and since the team hasn't been able to get as much talent on the team, and that is somehow Wilson's fault

That along with some pretty decent coaching won them their 1st SB... and that same "good coaching" lost them their 2nd SB?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That along with some pretty decent coaching won them their 1st SB... and that same "good coaching" lost them their 2nd SB?
I don’t think you can get to b2b Super Bowls with not good coaching

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns came close to landing Russell Wilson

But according to Dan Patrick, Cleveland came close to housing Seattle’s power couple by way of a trade in 2018 before opting instead to draft Baker Mayfield.

"(The Browns) wanted Russell Wilson a couple years ago," said Dan Patrick during his morning radio show, The Dan Patrick Show.

Patrick was speaking with guest Chris Simms on Tuesday when the botched Wilson trade came up. Patrick alluded to Cleveland’s reported interest in the future Hall of Famer, which Simms confirmed. Patrick then laid out how the dominos would’ve fallen, had it gone through.

"Seattle, from what I’m told, was going to take Josh Allen," said Patrick. "And the Browns were going to take Russell Wilson. They were going to have a trade between those two teams."

Per Patrick, the plan was OK’d by Wilson: "I know Russ was open to that. Cleveland wanted him and Seattle was ready to move on from Russell Wilson and get Josh (Allen)."

The possibility of a superstar quarterback in his prime joining the Browns, a team where quarterback careers unwillingly go to die, likely sent unsuspecting Cleveland-area commuters swerving into guardrails across interstate 480.

Simms, however, was not surprised at the time: "I know. I was one of the guys that kind of broke that story there. …It would be amazing, it really would be."

Simms and Patrick, two of the most dialed-in sources across pro football, insinuated that the deal was close to happening, though neither could say why talks ultimately cooled.

"At that time, you didn’t know what Josh Allen was gonna be. You knew Wilson was certainly one of the best quarterbacks in football," said Simms. "…I don’t know who got cold feet in that conversation and where that got slowed down there."

Though a strong argument could be made that both teams would like a redo, it’s tough to argue with the results: Wilson has remained in Seattle and been in the mix for league MVP, Allen is beloved by the Bills mafia, and last year, Mayfield guided Cleveland to the playoffs for the first time in nearly two decades.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns came close to landing Russell Wilson

But according to Dan Patrick, Cleveland came close to housing Seattle’s power couple by way of a trade in 2018 before opting instead to draft Baker Mayfield.

"(The Browns) wanted Russell Wilson a couple years ago," said Dan Patrick during his morning radio show, The Dan Patrick Show.

Patrick was speaking with guest Chris Simms on Tuesday when the botched Wilson trade came up. Patrick alluded to Cleveland’s reported interest in the future Hall of Famer, which Simms confirmed. Patrick then laid out how the dominos would’ve fallen, had it gone through.

"Seattle, from what I’m told, was going to take Josh Allen," said Patrick. "And the Browns were going to take Russell Wilson. They were going to have a trade between those two teams."

Per Patrick, the plan was OK’d by Wilson: "I know Russ was open to that. Cleveland wanted him and Seattle was ready to move on from Russell Wilson and get Josh (Allen)."

The possibility of a superstar quarterback in his prime joining the Browns, a team where quarterback careers unwillingly go to die, likely sent unsuspecting Cleveland-area commuters swerving into guardrails across interstate 480.

Simms, however, was not surprised at the time: "I know. I was one of the guys that kind of broke that story there. …It would be amazing, it really would be."

Simms and Patrick, two of the most dialed-in sources across pro football, insinuated that the deal was close to happening, though neither could say why talks ultimately cooled.

"At that time, you didn’t know what Josh Allen was gonna be. You knew Wilson was certainly one of the best quarterbacks in football," said Simms. "…I don’t know who got cold feet in that conversation and where that got slowed down there."

Though a strong argument could be made that both teams would like a redo, it’s tough to argue with the results: Wilson has remained in Seattle and been in the mix for league MVP, Allen is beloved by the Bills mafia, and last year, Mayfield guided Cleveland to the playoffs for the first time in nearly two decades.

You think that is serious?

You realize that Cleveland would have to give up the Mayfield pick, the Ward pick and one of the 2nd rounders (that could have cost them Chubb). And certainly the 1st round pick that they used to trade for OBJ the following year. That is the type of compensation you would have been looking at for trading for Wilson at the time.