• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson after 2021

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ had an ungodly stretch in 2015 where it was quick passing and he had like 25 td’s and 2 or 3 picks. But since 2016 he for some reason just holds the ball instead of taking the quick easy completion. This is where I started hating the “hype”. It seems like he has bought into it and wants the home run ball or nothing. This is why I can’t blame it all on the coaching staff.
I mean it worked for like half the year till teams just started selling out for covering the long ball, then we were like what now?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it worked for like half the year till teams just started selling out for covering the long ball, then we were like what now?
tenor.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the height issue came in. Tyler Lockett is the best receiver in the NFL in terms of finding a way to get open on shallow drag routes but Russ does not see him. The part I will put on the staff is when the deep ball was taken away they just turned DK into screen receiver. Under Carroll, Russell’s route tree has always been middle school level complicated with the amount of routes they run. But that is the give and take, if they open up the book more that always leads to more interceptions. And the Hawks don’t have the defense that can overcome Russell throwing 2 picks a game. Adams while great and deservedly of a top paying contract, he has the pass coverage skills of Poona Ford.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the height issue came in. Tyler Lockett is the best receiver in the NFL in terms of finding a way to get open on shallow drag routes but Russ does not see him. The part I will put on the staff is when the deep ball was taken away they just turned DK into screen receiver. Under Carroll, Russell’s route tree has always been middle school level complicated with the amount of routes they run. But that is the give and take, if they open up the book more that always leads to more interceptions. And the Hawks don’t have the defense that can overcome Russell throwing 2 picks a game. Adams while great and deservedly of a top paying contract, he has the pass coverage skills of Poona Ford.
Thats some good analysis right there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just IMO, he couldn’t see Lockett, Swain or any of the other guys who ran shallow routes. At the beginning of the year he trusted getting rid of the ball quickly underneath. But then it seem to just go to him wanting DK deep or a sack. Then they had the blowup on the sidelines where everyone on the tv heard screen to DK then it got picked off and ended their season.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just IMO, he couldn’t see Lockett, Swain or any of the other guys who ran shallow routes. At the beginning of the year he trusted getting rid of the ball quickly underneath. But then it seem to just go to him wanting DK deep or a sack. Then they had the blowup on the sidelines where everyone on the tv heard screen to DK then it got picked off and ended their season.
Which is why I’m hopeful they incorporate more rolling Russ out, so height is not as big of an issue

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I’m hopeful they incorporate more rolling Russ out, so height is not as big of an issue
If I am being honest, the scheme isn’t the biggest issue. It is his confidence with throwing the ball to a spot when he can’t see it. Drew Brees had made a living to throwing to a spot. And when things start going bad I think Russell’s confidences shrinks like no other athlete in history. But it is understandable because the biggest play of his life where it was all about throwing to a spot where he couldn’t see was an INT in a Super Bowl.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the elite QB’s Pete used in his college and nfl teams?
Two Heisman trophy winners, a top 6 pick and the number 1 QB recruit in the country who ended up getting drafted in the 2nd round. Let alone when Pete coached NE his QB was the number 1 pick. Russell is the lowest NFL drafted QB he has ever coached (outside Hasselbeck and Jackson).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Heisman trophy winners, a top 6 pick and the number 1 QB recruit in the country who ended up getting drafted in the 2nd round. Let alone when Pete coached NE his QB was the number 1 pick. Russell is the lowest NFL drafted QB he has ever coached (outside Hasselbeck and Jackson).
You feel it is the QBs that have been the reason for Pete’s success. My opinion is Petey ball is a solid defense, strong defense, win TO battle, and have a QB that won’t cost you a game.
Of the QBs you mention, who excelled at the NFL level when Pete was no longer his HC?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You feel it is the QBs that have been the reason for Pete’s success. My opinion is Petey ball is a solid defense, strong defense, win TO battle, and have a QB that won’t cost you a game.
Of the QBs you mention, who excelled at the NFL level when Pete was no longer his HC?
I am not saying his QB’s have carried him at all but it is a myth that Pete Carroll has never had a QB until Wilson. Wilson wasn’t ready for the full playbook so his first years he didn’t have it. Since then Pete has allowed Russell to cook as long as Russ doesn’t create a lot turnovers, which he ends up doing, it costs them games then Pete goes more conservative. Of the QB’s I mentioned I’d say Carson Palmer and Russell Wilson have a good of career as any non named Montana/Young combo by one coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Wilson to Cleveland for Mayfield.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a sober Manziel

I know you dislike the Browns. But that's really taking things overboard. I'm not on the Mayfield bandwagon. But he took a team that had won 4 games the previous 3 seasons and went 6-7 his rookie year. And put up decent numbers last season while winning a playoff game on the road. Manziel had no business in the NFL. Mayfield's proven he can be productive with the right weapons around him.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants need a new GM & HC before anyone will want to go there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you dislike the Browns. But that's really taking things overboard. I'm not on the Mayfield bandwagon. But he took a team that had won 4 games the previous 3 seasons and went 6-7 his rookie year. And put up decent numbers last season while winning a playoff game on the road. Manziel had no business in the NFL. Mayfield's proven he can be productive with the right weapons around him.
You can keep Mayfield then.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pairing with Sean and the Saints.