• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no time has he had more weapons than he does right now, what is the problem? The guy does hang on to the ball too long this is a fact.

Not sure how cool he is with DK being a bit of a ....ME...but most receivers are. Thinking they almost have to be.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why I see Seahawks fan so gung-ho about trading away the best QB in their history.

I would hate to lose him, but if he doesn’t want to be here it’s better we get something back in return... Right now we could probably get three 1st round future picks and a player in return... I would hate to see us get nothing for him in a couple years if he decides he just doesn’t want to be here ... Plus consider the age thing, he’s a great QB but does rely on moving around with his legs and stretching plays out ...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Russ isn't going anywhere and honestly, he doesn't want to leave. This is frustration built up and let out and I'm okay with it. Frankly, I wish he would have said something all the way back to 2016. The Oline situation rears it's ugly head year after year without fail. Yes, Russ sometimes runs into sacks but there is rarely a proper pocket. Pete and the organization can get upset all they want about him speaking up but it's high time he did. Pete needs to quit thinking it's 1990 and get with modern times while we have a HOF QB in his prime.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to lose him, but if he doesn’t want to be here it’s better we get something back in return... Right now we could probably get three 1st round future picks and a player in return... I would hate to see us get nothing for him in a couple years if he decides he just doesn’t want to be here ... Plus consider the age thing, he’s a great QB but does rely on moving around with his legs and stretching plays out ...
If you trade Russ the Seahawks stop being competitive immediately. No amount of picks you get in return are going to be worth, if he so unhappy with the organization which I highly doubt he is just frustrated you do whatever you can to fix that. Also, 32 isnt really that old for a QB these days Aaron Rodgers who has a similar skillset just won an MVP at 37. im not saying Russ is as good as Rodgers just similar skillset.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Russ isn't going anywhere and honestly, he doesn't want to leave. This is frustration built up and let out and I'm okay with it. Frankly, I wish he would have said something all the way back to 2016. The Oline situation rears it's ugly head year after year without fail. Yes, Russ sometimes runs into sacks but there is rarely a proper pocket. Pete and the organization can get upset all they want about him speaking up but it's high time he did. Pete needs to quit thinking it's 1990 and get with modern times while we have a HOF QB in his prime.

O-line did show some improvements though the last couple of years, it was an utter disaster several years ago... Russ made some errors this year late, wasn’t playing like his usual self, so blaming the O-line this year was a little lame on his part... If Russ wants to get back to a bowl, maybe he should consider a pay cut to bring in more talent ?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line did show some improvements though the last couple of years, it was an utter disaster several years ago... Russ made some errors this year late, wasn’t playing like his usual self, so blaming the O-line this year was a little lame on his part... If Russ wants to get back to a bowl, maybe he should consider a pay cut to bring in more talent ?
The whole quote was taking out of context, he said everyone needs to get better, including himself.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole quote was taking out of context, he said everyone needs to get better, including himself.
Exactly. He's frustrated because too many things turned into the same old thing. He wants to win championships. I really don't have a problem with that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We've got to get better up front," Wilson told Patrick early Tuesday morning. "It's not just passing, [but] in terms of everything you do. It controls the game as you watched the other night”

He threw them under the Bus... Throwing in he’s got to get better also was sugar coating it ... That belongs in private behind closed doors with the team... This year it wasn’t all the lines fault anyway, Russ was hanging onto the ball too long and making some questionable decisions.... In that playoff game game vs the Rams the pick 6 was on him 100 percent... Wilson wasn’t playing like his usual self...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We've got to get better up front," Wilson told Patrick early Tuesday morning. "It's not just passing, [but] in terms of everything you do. It controls the game as you watched the other night”

He threw them under the Bus... Throwing in he’s got to get better also was sugar coating it ... That belongs in private behind closed doors with the team... This year it wasn’t all the lines fault anyway, Russ was hanging onto the ball too long and making some questionable decisions.... In that playoff game game vs the Rams the pick 6 was on him 100 percent... Wilson wasn’t playing like his usual self...
I agree. I'm surprised Wilson ran his mouth. The second half Seattle fall off had a lot to do with Wilson's play. Like most everything in team sports, it's a group effort. Maybe his wife is in his ear cause this all seems much outta character for what Wilson has been throughout his career.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else does he expect the Seahawks to do, they traded firsts for that liability Jamal Adams

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was 1000% because of Deshawn Watson. He saw the support Watson was getting and just decided at that moment that the origination is not doing enough for him.

Bleach Report:
"Wilson explained why he thinks it's important for him to play a role in which players the Seahawks pursue"

"I want to be involved," he said. "At the end of the day, it's your legacy, your team's legacy. ... It helps to be involved more. That dialogue should happen more often."

Does that sound familiar? ....That is exactly the issue that pissed off Watson when they hired a new GM and never consulted with him.

So not only did Wilson throw his organization under the bus by publicly airing his dirty laundry, he didn't even know he wanted this
until another player planted the idea in his head.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Seahawks winning any championship with or without RW. Three 1st round picks for a 32 year old QB? I don't see it.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok I’ll repeat myself, the moment you trade Russ the Seahawks stop being competitive immediately, no amount of picks you get will be worth it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I’ll repeat myself, the moment you trade Russ the Seahawks stop being competitive immediately, no amount of picks you get will be worth it.

Think there is a sentiment among some fans that the Seahawks are basically running in place. A team that can make the playoffs but don't seem like Super Bowl contenders and given the Seahawks poor draft position, lack of picks and tight cap, it's hard to see a path to the Super Bowl for them. In the mean time the clock is ticking on RW career. Think they see the Steelers as a example. Playoff team that has fell short of the SB year after year and now Ben is close to kaput and has no trade value to speak of.
Me I'll take my chances with making the playoffs and then seeing how it goes. I don't believe the Seahawks could be competitive without RW, although I see some spinning fantasies that they could in some Seahawks blogs.
So I'm not for trading RW given a choice, but if it is forced on the Seahawks, I say tear the whole team down and start from scratch if they must trade RW.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think there is a sentiment among some fans that the Seahawks are basically running in place. A team that can make the playoffs but don't seem like Super Bowl contenders and given the Seahawks poor draft position, lack of picks and tight cap, it's hard to see a path to the Super Bowl for them. In the mean time the clock is ticking on RW career. Think they see the Steelers as a example. Playoff team that has fell short of the SB year after year and now Ben is close to kaput and has no trade value to speak of.
Me I'll take my chances with making the playoffs and then seeing how it goes. I don't believe the Seahawks could be competitive with RW, although I see some spinning fantasies that they could in some Seahawks blogs.
So I'm not for trading RW given a choice, but if it is forced on the Seahawks, I say tear the whole team down and start from scratch if they must trade RW.
I don't know if Russ would but Brady took less money to keep the NE competitive and got 6 rings . Maybe Russ could help out this year and help the FO with a restructure to clear some cap space.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me I'll take my chances with making the playoffs and then seeing how it goes. I don't believe the Seahawks could be competitive with RW, although I see some spinning fantasies that they could in some Seahawks blogs.
Yea I’ve seen that too, it would appear that a decent amount of Seahawk fans have gotten bored of winning. I don’t think they realize how making the playoffs every year is the opposite of a problem.

sure if it comes to forcing a trade I see that, but we are so far away from that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I’ve seen that too, it would appear that a decent amount of Seahawk fans have gotten bored of winning. I don’t think they realize how making the playoffs every year is the opposite of a problem.

sure if it comes to forcing a trade I see that, but we are so far away from that.
Some forget about the Ken Behring era of football. Hate that jackass.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, it would set us back, And let me make this clear, I absolutely love Russ as our QB, he’s been the best QB in our team history by far... When you say no amount of pics will be worth it all depends on whether 1, if Russ still wants to play here, and 2, how many pics you get and what players you might get initially... Obviously we’d need a QB right away.... He’s most likely not going anywhere, but if there is any indication he doesn’t want to be here anymore, Seahawks would be smart to move on it, because he’s a hot item that teams would give a fortune for ... We wait and he’s not happy down the road we won’t get any return ...

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it would set us back, And let me make this clear, I absolutely love Russ as our QB, he’s been the best QB in our team history by far... When you say no amount of pics will be worth it all depends on whether 1, if Russ still wants to play here, and 2, how many pics you get and what players you might get initially... Obviously we’d need a QB right away.... He’s most likely not going anywhere, but if there is any indication he doesn’t want to be here anymore, Seahawks would be smart to move on it, because he’s a hot item that teams would give a fortune for ... We wait and he’s not happy down the road we won’t get any return ...
The odds of drafting a QB who can carry your franchise is incredibly low. Russ has shown no proof that he wants out. He only wants in on dec making but that’s a whole other argument. Pete needs to go before Russ