• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gimmie the guy thats 7 years younger
Yeah. Nothing against Russ, but Watson is solid as hell and younger. If they could weasel out a deal with Houston to send Watson plus some other pieces/draft picks I wouldn't be opposed. That's not happening though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is but at the same time PC and Russ are basically a forced marriage at this point due to Schneiders love of Russ. Pretty surprised its lasted this long at this point

I don't think it is due to Scneider at all. You don't push out a Hall of Fame level QB. Ever.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly are the Seahawks supposed to find to block Aaron Donald?

The NFC West was the 'Group of Death' heading into the season last year. They won the division. Hard to complain.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Russ had a talk with DK about being cool? What he did was very rookie.

No QB has had a better first nine seasons than Wilson, he is already in the top 20 all time with TD passes, next season he passes Montana. Numerous firsts and NFL records.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Russ had a talk with DK about being cool? What he did was very rookie.

No QB has had a better first nine seasons than Wilson, he is already in the top 20 all time with TD passes, next season he passes Montana. Numerous firsts and NFL records.

You just can't look at flat stats anymore and accurately rate QB's any longer. The NFL making passing easier changed that. You have to look at them against their piers.

Montana finished in the top 5 in passing yards in a season 5 times. Russ has never finished in the top 5.
Montana finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 7 times. Russ has done it 4 times.
Montana finished in the top 5 in passing rating in a season 9 times. Russ has done it 4 times.

Russ is great. No doubt. But just because his overall stats are better than Montana's doesn't mean Russ was better. Montana was significantly better than his piers than Russ is compared to his piers.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Nothing against Russ, but Watson is solid as hell and younger. If they could weasel out a deal with Houston to send Watson plus some other pieces/draft picks I wouldn't be opposed. That's not happening though.

Wilson has a NTC, I don't see any way he'd go to Texas. Who the hell would?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has a NTC, I don't see any way he'd go to Texas. Who the hell would?
I don't either. Like I said the trade won't happen. But if it did somehow I wouldn't be pissed off.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to Pete or Wilson then Pete has to go. He had a track record in the NFL before he came to Seattle and it wasn't that good. So we know what Pete can do without Russ. Maybe it's time to see what Russ can do without Pete. As far as age goes, Brees had a no-brainer first ballot HOF career in his 30's alone. I don't care how young some other guy is. Wilson is in his prime.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. Like I said the trade won't happen. But if it did somehow I wouldn't be pissed off.

really? the face of the franchise leaving and it's "whatever"? how many mega-stars has this town had who couldn't wait to get the fuck out of here at the first opportunity.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't look at flat stats anymore and accurately rate QB's any longer. The NFL making passing easier changed that. You have to look at them against their piers.

Montana finished in the top 5 in passing yards in a season 5 times. Russ has never finished in the top 5.
Montana finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 7 times. Russ has done it 4 times.
Montana finished in the top 5 in passing rating in a season 9 times. Russ has done it 4 times.

Russ is great. No doubt. But just because his overall stats are better than Montana's doesn't mean Russ was better. Montana was significantly better than his piers than Russ is compared to his piers.

Wilson the only QB to pass for 4000 yards, rush for over 500 yards and score 30 or more TD's in a season and he has done that twice and 15 yards shy of doing it three times.

Wilson tied the rookie TD record.

Wilson the only QB to start his career with two 100 or better passer ratings seasons.

No QB has more pro bowls. 4000 yard seasons, 30 plus td seasons, 100 plus QB ratings,, wins and starts in their first nine seasns combined. And rushing yards.

Wilson never sat on a bench, he walked right in and took over. Has started every game for nine years, the most wins ever in nine seasons.

We all get the era thing, but that doesn't take away the fact Wilson has done things never seen before. He is the total package, he can run, smart, great arm and a winner.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? the face of the franchise leaving and it's "whatever"? how many mega-stars has this town had who couldn't wait to get the fuck out of here at the first opportunity.
Look, I didn't say I'd be jumping for joy about it. But if they traded Wilson to Houston for Watson and some other pieces/high draft picks I'm not going to shit my pants either.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We are not trading a HOF destined qb in his prime for some picks. No way. Most of the seahawks issues were on the defense this year. Thats where most of the problems with this team exists.

You're not trading him this year and not likely next but going into the 2023 season when he's going to want a new deal I don't see Carroll giving him top dollar again. Wilson will turn 35 part way into that season and Carroll doesn't feel he needs an top tier guy at the position.

What you saw from the Bucs in the Super Bowl is exactly what Pete wants. Play dominant defense, run the ball well, and your QB has a good game.

Not saying the smart move is to move on from Wilson in a couple years but in Pete's mind he'll be thinking that he can save the cap space and use it on the rest of the roster, get a bunch of valuable draft picks to build the roster on the cheap, and draft a rookie QB that he just needs to manage the game and just be pretty good.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venting. He's thinking "fuck Brady walks into Tampa and wins the hardware on his first try, I could do that"!!!!

more like "Guys like Brady get to dictate what the offense looks like vs my club fired the OC without bothering to ask me". Everybody knows what the offense looks like for just about every veteran elite QB, no matter who's in the coaching staff. Here they had to put on some "let Russ cook" campaign to open the gates. Then Pete fires the OC because they couldn't adjust. But what's "adjust" look like? Schotty had a whole playbook or one with a black marker over zones of field that PC doesn't want the ball thrown into because "hey, that's too darn risky and we might turn it over". Then you have Norton who was awful for a lot longer than Schotty was and he's safe.

There's basically a lot of mixed messaging coming from Carroll and Schneider these days. And given the fact that there's a vacuum in ownership (fucking Jody Allen is the owner right now), nothing would surprise me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not trading him this year and not likely next but going into the 2023 season when he's going to want a new deal I don't see Carroll giving him top dollar again. Wilson will turn 35 part way into that season and Carroll doesn't feel he needs an top tier guy at the position.

What you saw from the Bucs in the Super Bowl is exactly what Pete wants. Play dominant defense, run the ball well, and your QB has a good game.

Not saying the smart move is to move on from Wilson in a couple years but in Pete's mind he'll be thinking that he can save the cap space and use it on the rest of the roster, get a bunch of valuable draft picks to build the roster on the cheap, and draft a rookie QB that he just needs to manage the game and just be pretty good.

Next contract who knows. RW will be a grey beard so think it all comes down to how much he wants and what the market is for a 35 year old QB. I'm pretty sure the Seahawks will make a good offer, but perhaps not a over the top offer. IMO to far away to really gauge what will happen with any accuracy. He's a Seahawk for the next couple of years, good enough for me.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, though also TB's rookie 1st-round tackle played really well. Russ's tweets might indicate he wants guys like this around him:

Though that's gonna be tough after they shipped out the 1st picks for J Adams.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like it's that fucking easy."Yeah, I just need a fucking loaded defense and hope a superstar QB decides to come here and then I'll be good!". Seahawks had 2 miracle drafts but haven't done much of anything since then. Nobody should care what Pete wants because the game has past him by.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ