• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors between two candidates for OC

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bodie Reeder is who Gundy particularly wants right now. He's like 31 I believe and graduated from College in 2010. He would be a really young guy who may stay a few years. He's been on the staff before etc. Current OC at Eastern Washington who are deep in the playoffs right now. I don't know the name of the other guy just yet.

Also another weird thing. Working in a hospital I work with a lot of Doctors whom graduated from OSU. My friend I work with is a big booster for OSU he was saying Yurcich was actually fired a few weeks ago, but kept on for National signing day and the bowl. Then today on ESPNU radio one of the guys said the same thing. Just seems weird to me.

@CowpokeU @Stake @The.Waving.Wheat @Cowboyinexile

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus I have my own short list that doesn't involve guys that Gundy can bull around.

I really want Marcus Arroyo back

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might hire Reeder as a QB coach if their is an internal promotion. He was a QC guy here a couple of years ago but that would mean he leapfrogged Henson and Dunn, which understandably might not sit well with them.

I'm betting Henson gets promoted and becomes a defacto HCIW.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus I have my own short list that doesn't involve guys that Gundy can bull around.

Arroyo would be my personal first choice. I don’t know if he’d want to come back here though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, someone who can stand up to Gundy when he wants to run a dive three plays in a row.

Oklahoma State is an attractive place for OCs. Hope Gundy doesn’t settle on the first guy he sees on YouTube.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, someone who can stand up to Gundy when he wants to run a dive three plays in a row.

Oklahoma State is an attractive place for OCs. Hope Gundy doesn’t settle on the first guy he sees on YouTube.

If you look, the OC position here has led to some pretty good HC gigs or latteral NFL moves. Hell, Yurcich can be considered a win with a latteral move to a Blue Blood.

I want Marcus Arroyo but I'm scared that Gundy might have poisoned the well there.

I just can't deal with some guy who runs Mike's Pro stylized offense.

It's no secret Gundy wants to move back to the early tenure of his day with Pro Style QBs and such. Hell, look at who we were after in Cali before Yursuck screwed the pooch.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo would be my personal first choice. I don’t know if he’d want to come back here though.

I hope he does. Hell, half the squad on the team still know him so there's a good chance.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we are recycling old OC's, RA threw out Fedora as a possibility

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this goes 1 of 2 ways.

1. Monken takes a NFL OC job. Henson is OC and basically HCIW after Gundy retires. Dunn gets some sort of promotion (the way he recruits we want to keep him around) and Reeder is QB coach and likely OC when Henson takes over.

2. Monken returns here as OC and is basically HCIW. Henson gets some sort of promotion and is OC when Gundy retires and is next in line because no matter how this goes Monken is NFL bound eventually

Honestly opinion 2 makes me feel weird in my dirty parts but option 1 is best long term for us. It potentially provides us a couple decades of stability and you get a young OC who knows his shit (EWU is FCS but their offense is legit). Plus you keep our two best recruiters long term.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I see too much in terms of us landing somebody huge at this point UNLESS the BoR unlocks more money for football in the ways of receiving budgets and assistant pay.

I'm pretty sure Yurcich was pushed out but still yet, he made a move on a Downgrade and still makes 150k more a year.

There's a huge difference between the have and have nots here and one of the biggest things is our lack of bagmen. I'm not advocating a return to that but we have got to do something bigger for the recruits without throwing shit tons of money at them.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any real idea on who's on deck for the OC hunt?

It's been an awfully silent off season thus far but Gundy gave us all a snippet that led me further down my belief that this season was a "throw away" of sorts because all the moving pieces weren't in yet.

He is super excited about the upcoming future of the team so I'm firmly believing he kept Spencer Sanders and Dru Brown from the field intentionally.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...n-gleeson-big-12-college-football-coach-hires

I think this might work out. My first reaction is really?, but apparently Princeton had a really dymanic offensive and this guy was on the radar for other big name schools

I'm stoked because the guy created a dynamic offense with an FCS team that also has STRICT academic requirements so we know they weren't dealing with top quality talent.

On top of that, he seemed to scheme extremely well against his oponents which means he can probably scheme well for us and not pull a Yurcich.