• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Wentz to be Ready for Opener

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I thought you were Politically correct. Surprised you would use a word like that

I was using his words my man. I wouldn’t use that word talking to people in public.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So legitimately a regular person suffering this injury isn't the same as a professional athlete suffering it . F or many reasons. Fitness level, age , access to better doctors, better physical therapists and trainers etc etc. It's not crazy to think he could be back in September. Not sure why so many here think it would be . Probably a little soon but not obscenely so
Totally true, but being healthy enough to play in a Wednesday night Softball league and healthy enough to play QB in the NFL are also quite different...so let's call it a push.

If I'm Wentz, after watching Foles replace me and win a SB, there is NO CHANCE i'm not back week 1. No chance

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally true, but being healthy enough to play in a Wednesday night Softball league and healthy enough to play QB in the NFL are also quite different...so let's call it a push.

If I'm Wentz, after watching Foles replace me and win a SB, there is NO CHANCE i'm not back week 1. No chance
True. He's probably really pushing to get back. Nobody wants to get Bledsoed

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no one in Philly, in the organization or on the team that thinks Foles is replacing Wentz. No one!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have Wentz, Foles, and Nate Sudfeld. All better than anyone on the Cowboys roster. Maybe we flip Nate to Dallas for Zeke Elliott?
but you just said Sudfield was better than anyone on the entire cowboy roster
your shock value statements are slipping

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you just said Sudfield was better than anyone on the entire cowboy roster
your shock value statements are slipping

Huh? Mix in a coffee and some water bro, you need to sober up. Also, spell his name right: Sudfeld. Get used to that name.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Mix in a coffee and some water bro, you need to sober up. Also, spell his name right: Sudfeld. Get used to that name.
"Eagles have Wentz, Foles, and Nate Sudfeld. All better than anyone on the Cowboys roster"

LOL....I'm good chuckles
spin again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no one in Philly, in the organization or on the team that thinks Foles is replacing Wentz. No one!
I never said there was. I said what I would be doing if I were Wentz

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know they are rushing him back?
9 months isn't enough to fully recover from an ACL and LCL tear. Not if you are in it for the long haul.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha

I knew you’d say something stupid like that. Let me help:

When you tear your ACL and it has to be replaced it takes at least a year to FULLY heal. Why? Because the ligament has to be accepted by the body. No amount of money, best doctors, billionaire owners, etc can “speed that up”. Why? Because it’s science.

Following the surgery you keep your leg completely straight for at least 2 weeks. During this time period it hurts like a motherfucker. Then you begin your PT treatments. You start with slowly and gently bending it a few times a week keeping it straight in a brace the rest of the time. After that your PT consists of strengthening the leg muscles AROUND the liagemrnt. Why? To provide it with stability. It’s a ligament not a muscle so you can’t “work it out” to strengthen it. After about 6 months your PT of strengthening the muscles around the liagement is finished. All doctors will then tell you “this is the most dangerous time in the rehab process. Why? Because you feel good/strong, there’s no pain and there no more rehab BUT the ligament is not fully healed. It has not yet been fully accepted by the body. Doctors will tell you to “take it easy”. Don’t push yourself because although you feel good the process isn’t finished.

Carson Palmer tore his ACL in a playoff game. He was back on the field only 9 months later. He said “I feel fine”. I remember my doctor telling me that it’s impossible for the ligament to have FULLY healed in that short amount of time. He took a big risk “rushing” back. It paid off for him (as far as we know). If Wentz starts opening night they are by definition “rushing him back”. It may work out... it may not. We’ll see. But no amount of money or “best doctors” changes that process.

even if he doesn't get reinjured, it's going to feel different. Do you really want to rush him back onto the field playing less than 100% when you claim you trust Foles? What's the point? Let him work through getting fully healed.

If he is really ready to go week 1 then they played him some in TC. That would be less than 9 months from an ACL + LCL tear running full speed in full pads. That's just asking to either reinjure it or screw with his head.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you ignored the science. I’m not surprised
I ignored your stupidity that every human heals exactly the same and that we all get the same health care. How did Adrian Peterson beat science when he came back before a year?