• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Justin Fields to be traded

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Sapp is reporting that he's hearing the Bears will trade Justin Fields and draft Young.

Of course, take this with a gigantic lump of salt. Warren Sapp not exactly the most reliable or even has a clue. So there's that too.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Sapp is reporting that he's hearing the Bears will trade Justin Fields and draft Young.

Of course, take this with a gigantic lump of salt. Warren Sapp not exactly the most reliable or even has a clue. So there's that too.

might not be the worst move.. very out of the box... and i doubt it will happen...

But here is why it is not a bad move

1. Fields is worth more in a trade than the first overall pick

2. there is a fear that fields will not last, he is too reliant on his feet, and he is already getting the injury prone label

3. Bears are not close to competing, not one draft will change that, will likely not be good until they have to make the decision on resigning Fields anyway

so, by trading fields, you will get a huge package including multiple number one picks... and you will be able to restart the QB clock... and you will be a to 5 pick NEXT season too... so you can do a slower build, with more draft picks...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy this. Fields I bet will return a 1st and 3rd at most. I can't imagine anyone giving us a haul for Fields.

whatever the haul is, i can guarantee it is larger than the first overall pick....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy this. Fields I bet will return a 1st and 3rd at most. I can't imagine anyone giving us a haul for Fields.
I could see the Seahawks possibly going after him. However, I agree, I think Warren Sapp is wrong here. I suggested we do this a while back, and think it could be a good move, but I doubt we get the return for Justin fields that we would want. I also think if we are in the market for a qb, we will probably wait until after the combine and interviews to make up our mind.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever the haul is, i can guarantee it is larger than the first overall pick....
What kind of hall do you think he would get? Two first rounders? Plus some fillers?

I’m interested in what an outsider thinks.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of hall do you think he would get? Two first rounders? Plus some fillers?

I’m interested in what an outsider thinks.

not claiming i know what the haul would be... just saying it would be a larger haul than the first overall pick would give you...

even if that was 2 firsts vs 2 firsts and a second... I really dont know what are good offers...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually speculate that Fields is worth a 1st rounder in this draft with a conditional pick attached to it. Probably another 3rd round pick if he stays on a roster for a year. Something like that.

Even then, the actual #1 overall pick is worth more than that. You could see something like the Bears getting a 3rd rounder to move from 1st overall to 2nd overall, and maybe another 3rd round to move from 2nd overall to 4th overall. Bears could end up getting Jalen Carter and two 3rd round picks out of #1 overall.

Bryce Young's rookie contract control is worth a lot

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest rumor with any imo legitimacy is trading with Indy 1st, 2nd, 1st (next year), other picks + Pittman and/or Q Nelson. That is a nice haul if this happens. Never underestimate the desperation of crazy Jim Irsay.

* Denver + picks + Jeudy (pass)
* Cardinals + picks + Hopkins (pass please, we don't need 30yo WRs)
* Seattle + picks (they have 2 first rounders) + DK
* Raiders + picks + D Adams (no thanks)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest rumor with any imo legitimacy is trading with Indy 1st, 2nd, 1st (next year), other picks + Pittman and/or Q Nelson. That is a nice haul if this happens. Never underestimate the desperation of crazy Jim Irsay.

* Denver + picks + Jeudy (pass)
* Cardinals + picks + Hopkins (pass please, we don't need 30yo WRs)
* Seattle + picks (they have 2 first rounders) + DK
* Raiders + picks + D Adams (no thanks)
Imo, the problem with those rumors is that there are 3 QBs up top allegidly. Kiper thinks Levis is the top QB, for example.

If Young is clearly the best then...yeah...something crazy like what the Colts are offering is possible.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the problem with those rumors is that there are 3 QBs up top allegidly. Kiper thinks Levis is the top QB, for example.

If Young is clearly the best then...yeah...something crazy like what the Colts are offering is possible.
It’ll all change by draft day. I could see any of the 3 impressing and jumping up the draft board.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this with a grain of salt but Justin Fields being traded rumor is heating up. I smell smoke. Maybe Poles is a genius and only spreading these rumors to increase the value of the first pick, who knows...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this with a grain of salt but Justin Fields being traded rumor is heating up. I smell smoke. Maybe Poles is a genius and only spreading these rumors to increase the value of the first pick, who knows...

Erik Lambert is an idiot...Pure trash articles. "Smoke"

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields will be entering his 3rd year and will likely want a big contract next year. And we are no closer to knowing with certainty if Fields is worth paying for. because if we do pay him and he still can’t pass, this organization is shot for another 3 years minimum. I think this is a big factor. drafting Young and resetting the clock to be better in line w the rebuild makes sense.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields will be entering his 3rd year and will likely want a big contract next year. And we are no closer to knowing with certainty if Fields is worth paying for. because if we do pay him and he still can’t pass, this organization is shot for another 3 years minimum. I think this is a big factor. drafting Young and resetting the clock to be better in line w the rebuild makes sense.

I mean...You can triple stamp the double stamp all day long on this...but...0%. You do know this, right?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...You can triple stamp the double stamp all day long on this...but...0%. You do know this, right?

I have no idea what you are talking about

I am purely entertaining the other argument. Again i don't think we should trade Fields.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be the argument for doing it. Still unlikely, but not impossible.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you are talking about

I am purely entertaining the other argument. Again i don't think we should trade Fields.

You entertain as purely as Ryan Poles entertains trades of Fields...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...This really needs to be said I guess:

Justin Fields is the ONLY THING this team has going for it at the moment.

If Ryan Poles ends up dumping Mack, Quinn, Roquan AND Fields between last offseason and this one...The 2023 Chicago Bears season better be the biggest "show me something" season in the history of football. That's literally our 4 best players dumped.

I can't for the life of me see how we could make this trade and Ryan Poles survives as a GM because we would not rebound in any kind of reasonable manner in the near future.

The fanbase (well, outside of richi) is literally excited about one player. Everything else on the roster is basically what a random expansion team out of nowhere could put together given a few extra draft picks and a bunch of FA money (Sorry to the Cole Kmet lovers out there). The only thing that theoretical team would lack is a little bit of cohesion compared to ours in its current state.

It would be career suicide to trade Fields imo. We trade Fields and I guarantee Poles and Eberflus are gone in a flash.

0....percent.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be career suicide to trade Fields imo

Not if B Young shows a ton of promise and Fields continues to show he can't pass.