• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Brewer being shopped

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Tampa Bay Lightning shopping defenseman Eric Brewer - Raw Charge

It wouldn't surprise me if he's moved but i'm sure Yzerman is holding out for the best deal possible, probably when someone gets hurt around the league. I think Barberio is the 7th Defenseman and if Brewer is traded Corrente but most likely Witkowski would be promoted and become the team's 8th Defenseman.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, even the Bolts are giving up after 2 games & looking for a miracle maker? Will need more than just Brewer for that! All this talent...
What a shame...
Group of underachievers or an inexperienced coach coaching the quality of underachieving...

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the stinkin Panthers or the Sens would gobble up Brewer. He's not a bad player compared to some D-men around the league. But I guess when you're an underachieving team, you need all the offense you can muster. This is why the Bolts love offensive defensemen! Ask Doobee what he thought his Guins were going before the season started. He thought they were doomed. Are they overachievers or talent that plays to their potential? In my opinion, the latter. The whole hockey world looked at the Bolts & their offseason acquisitions as the "Cinderella" team. Are the Bolts underachievers or not talented?
Yes we got 3 out 4 points but barely and they played 2 shitty teams! On the other hand, Doobee's Guins played 2 above mediocre teams. :noidea:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All honesty about Brewer, if you guys remember, I called this happening a long while back. He & Malone were the last 2 players in the over 30 club. Remember? If his time is up as a Bolt, he will be the last of the over 30 club from the old roster (not counting Ohlund because he's not a player just dead weight on the Bolts salary cap). During this past off season, the Bolts added 2 more to their roster that are in the oven 30 club (Morrow 35 & Nabokov 39). Nabokov, we all know, is not going to be a long time fixture here. He is just buying time for the young net-minders to get more reps in the AHL & mature. Morrow on the other hand was probably brought in for his leadership (kind of like Andy & Dinger). 15 yrs under his belt & the Bolts being only his 4th different team. His stats are definitely not what they once were but his locker room & bench leadership could be priceless. However, I don't see him being a longtime fixture in Tampa just like Andy & Dinger ( 4 yrs each). By the way, all 3 are/were Left Wingers. Hmm, I didn't realize the lefts were such good leaders! :whistle:
Brewer being shopped doesn't surprise me. I just hope something good happens for him, I honestly feel that he deserves it!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the stinkin Panthers or the Sens would gobble up Brewer. He's not a bad player compared to some D-men around the league. But I guess when you're an underachieving team, you need all the offense you can muster. This is why the Bolts love offensive defensemen! Ask Doobee what he thought his Guins were going before the season started. He thought they were doomed. Are they overachievers or talent that plays to their potential? In my opinion, the latter. The whole hockey world looked at the Bolts & their offseason acquisitions as the "Cinderella" team. Are the Bolts underachievers or not talented?
Yes we got 3 out 4 points but barely and they played 2 shitty teams! On the other hand, Doobee's Guins played 2 above mediocre teams. :noidea:

True Ishall, Pens have surprised me so far. Don't be so hard on the Bolts tho, still way too early to make any judgement on anyone. Thought the Leafs sucked after last night but the lit up the Rangers with Lundqvist in net at MSG. Bolts need to up their game & start playing to their potential but they got plenty of time to find a groove.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Ishall, Pens have surprised me so far. Don't be so hard on the Bolts tho, still way too early to make any judgement on anyone. Thought the Leafs sucked after last night but the lit up the Rangers with Lundqvist in net at MSG. Bolts need to up their game & start playing to their potential but they got plenty of time to find a groove.

I totally agree my man. The Bolts definitely have plenty of time to get into a groove. I'm just shocked & appalled that they consistently don't play to their skill potential season after season. How many times last season did I & we call them the 5 minute men for only showing up for the last 5 mins of the game?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree my man. The Bolts definitely have plenty of time to get into a groove. I'm just shocked & appalled that they consistently don't play to their skill potential season after season. How many times last season did I & we call them the 5 minute men for only showing up for the last 5 mins of the game?

It's really about momentum. Sometimes it's on your side sometimes it's going against you. Right now momentum is against them & they have to fight an uphill battle, but once momentum starts going their way they'll look like a much sharper team. Just gotta be patient.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night will show a lot to see how we will fare. Montreal has won three straight and is one of the teams we have to beat to get where we want to be. Its not a must game , but close. Wish we had Drouin in the lineup.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night will show a lot to see how we will fare. Montreal has won three straight and is one of the teams we have to beat to get where we want to be. Its not a must game , but close. Wish we had Drouin in the lineup.

I agree Bolt, big game tonight from a psychological standpoint. Lightning need to play to their potential and get some sense of payback against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last season. Not a must win per se but close.