• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rubio traded

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not thrilled with dumping him for lottery protected 1st

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague is a downgrade IMO. At a higher cost.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that they just gave Rubio away but I don't see Teague as a step down, with this club we need a PG who has a chance at making a shot.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague is a downgrade IMO. At a higher cost.

Not sure on that but I'm not sure he's an upgrade either. Rubio is better defender, facilitator, and teague is better at scoring

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on that but I'm not sure he's an upgrade either. Rubio is better defender, facilitator, and teague is better at scoring
And more costly, and older.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rubio trade had a lot to do with him simply never really panning out to what was originally expected when they drafted him. Though he had a lot of good qualities, he never lived up to the general hype. I think they got frustrated with it and decided to move on.

That said, I think they could have done better than they did in trading him. They would be absolute fools to include Wiggins in a trade for Kyrie Irving. I'd like to add Irving as much as anyone, but Towns, Wiggins and Butler should all be completely off the table in basically any trades at this point. They need to stick with the plan to build the team around Towns and Wiggins moving forward. To get rid of Wiggins now would be blowing up that entire concept that still has a lot of potential left.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rubio trade had a lot to do with him simply never really panning out to what was originally expected when they drafted him. Though he had a lot of good qualities, he never lived up to the general hype. I think they got frustrated with it and decided to move on.

That said, I think they could have done better than they did in trading him. They would be absolute fools to include Wiggins in a trade for Kyrie Irving. I'd like to add Irving as much as anyone, but Towns, Wiggins and Butler should all be completely off the table in basically any trades at this point. They need to stick with the plan to build the team around Towns and Wiggins moving forward. To get rid of Wiggins now would be blowing up that entire concept that still has a lot of potential left.

Rubio being traded was because Thibs made up his mind before he started here. It does not matter what happens on the court, Thibs mind was made up. It is not a coincidence that Rubio went to a team that is getting a reputation of unearthing players that had been used in the wrong way and turning them into something.