• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RR's Plan

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at this line:

"but let’s deal in facts here - he’s the most physically talented quarterback Washington has had since RG3,"

If he means Griffin was faster, then fine. In every other way Cousins was better ... including eluding the pass rush.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt the writer spot-on? Cousins was a far better quarterback than RG3, but not the superior athlete.

Is Cousins more physically gifted than Wentz? That I dont know.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt the writer spot-on? Cousins was a far better quarterback than RG3, but not the superior athlete.

Is Cousins more physically gifted than Wentz? That I dont know.
Wentz is 6'5 230. As an Eagle he used to allude the pass rush just fine playing Wash. Superior arm strength. Accuracy is in question however, there isn't much comparison in being "more physically gifted" as you state. Wentz hands down is more physically gifted without question.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I mentioned that Griffin was faster but in every other way Cousins was a superior QB making him the superior athlete. I think QBs are considered athletes.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC possesses the most desirable abilities of the 3 as it relates to QBing. That being availability. Since becoming a starter to begin the 2015 season for the Skins. Cousins hasn't missed a game (he did sit out the last game of the season for the Vikes that year they beat the Saints in the playoffs, but that was likely due to a win or a loss not helping or hurting their playoff slot) He also has the best timing and reading defenses among the 3. Early on in their careers I would've said Griffin is more accurate of the 3, but now that would go to Cousins as well and accuracy is something of a question mark with Wince at present. Arm strength I'd probably give to Wince as one time that seemed to be an issue with Cousins early on in his career. That isn't the case any longer so while I'll go with Wince here KC's arm strength is NFL legit. So almost across the board its Cousins when talking desirable QB traits/abilities. All that said.......

When talking physical ability or gifts in a more standard sense. Things like timing, reading defenses, hitting your back step and letting it rip and accuracy aren't really part of the criteria. What players are asked to do at the combine far as running, jumping and cone drills go is. While pretty incomplete, probably because the combine drills aren't as relevant to the QB position as they are to other positions. Below are the combine scores of the 3 being discussed. I'd opine that Wentz probably has the superior physical gifts of the 3 in a more standard setting of physical gifts. In part because Griffin in no longer playing, but if he were. It might be him. Either way, I see Cousins taking up the rear in a more standard setting.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it came to the traditional athletic ability then Griffin and Wentz were superior to Cousins.

Robert could heave the ball and of course so can Wentz ... again Cousin's comes in third.

When it comes to playing the position it is Cousins, Wentz, Griffin. So when I said Cousins was the superior athlete that is what I meant. Hell, Brady isn't an athlete in the traditional sense but he might be the best QB ever.

I am laughing to myself now thinking about Jeff George. I don't know if I ever saw anyone with a better arm but the guy had two peas for a brain.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cousins is more consistent then wentz, but wentz’s best seqson is better than Cousin’s best season, I believe.

On the other hand, who cares? Cousins fleeced two teams for uninspired qb play that wont lead a team or win in the playoffs. He’s better than a manager but not a leader. He’s Minny’s problem now.

On the other hand, Wentz had an MVP season in 2017 as we all know, and moght also have two peas in his head a la jeff george. Time will tell.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it came to the traditional athletic ability then Griffin and Wentz were superior to Cousins.

Robert could heave the ball and of course so can Wentz ... again Cousin's comes in third.

When it comes to playing the position it is Cousins, Wentz, Griffin. So when I said Cousins was the superior athlete that is what I meant. Hell, Brady isn't an athlete in the traditional sense but he might be the best QB ever.

I am laughing to myself now thinking about Jeff George. I don't know if I ever saw anyone with a better arm but the guy had two peas for a brain.
What's kinda funky is they have Cousins ball velocity listed at 59 mph and Wentz at 57 mph. I don't remember who said it, but they claimed the most any QB has thrown a ball was 60 mph and only 2 have done it. Those 2 being Keapernick and Mahomes. If KC has a 59 mph fastball that's pretty impressive.

Found this while looking for some verification. Some names might surprise you including a current Skins player. Other names not too much.

And I while I agree with @chillerdab that for whatever reason, Cousins doesn't it, whatever it is. He's had a couple seasons I'd say are comparable with Wince's best season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's kinda funky is they have Cousins ball velocity listed at 59 mph and Wentz at 57 mph. I don't remember who said it, but they claimed the most any QB has thrown a ball was 60 mph and only 2 have done it. Those 2 being Keapernick and Mahomes. If KC has a 59 mph fastball that's pretty impressive.

Found this while looking for some verification. Some names might surprise you including a current Skins player. Other names not too much.

And I while I agree with @chillerdab that for whatever reason, Cousins doesn't it, whatever it is. He's had a couple seasons I'd say are comparable with Wince's best season.
Pretty cool website ... not a guy I think about a lot but Randall could throw.

I am not down on Wentz like some others, career he is

62.6% .... 20,374 yards .... 140 TDs .... 57 Ints ................. that doesn't suck.
Not sure about the locker room, I will wait and see about that. I sure wouldn't use Irsay as my evidence and who would think his GM and HC wouldn't say they same thing if they want to keep their jobs. I don't think $28 mill is an over pay compared to other QBs salaries this year.

I have always said Heinicke is a great story but a limited player. I would rather have Wentz and hopefully improved weapons this year.

Meanwhile back at the ranch they can school Sam.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz looked good Saturday. Word around the team is that he is being a true leader at the position and communicating with everyone in the locker room. Having said that, let's see how he responds to this opportunity in DC before we judge him. If he can protect the football as he did last season, the offense will be in good shape. The defense is a whole different story.

Skinsfan21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Rivera's plan to have 1 team trainer fired over writing prescriptions on team doctors pads for pain meds and then to hire another who did the same exact thing (obtain meds illegally) to pass out to players when needed on the road. Seems like it from articles I read and I'm certain many teams do this. RR was aware because Vermillion was with him 9 years and so was Bellamy.