• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 4 Selection- Devontae Booker HELLLLLS YEAH

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hells Yeah

This was DC before the fourth round started then all hell breaks loose at the 1:15 mark

LOL- Pretty much.

When the pick was made I was thinking, what player are we taking that Ill be letdown that we passed on Booker. BOOM

DENVER BRONCOS CURRENT SELECTION (SCREEN STICKS FOR A BIT)

ME- COME ON, JUST PUT IT UP THERE.

DEVONTATE BOOKER, RB, UTAH

ME: OMG, YES!!!! Stuff goes flying

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest knock on him is that he had to miss a year of College football because of academics so hopefully his problems with learning doesn't translate to the pros.

Which is very common. Players go into college early don't hit the classroom, have to go JUCO then get back on their feet. Not sure if it was a learning problem or an effort problem.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest knock on Booker is ball security. I don't think it takes much brains to run to daylight.

Tatum Bell had that knock coming out and didn't turn the ball over much for us....

It can be fixed.

Although it seems like we have a history of RB's who will cough the ball up.

Moreno did it early in his career, Hillman was awful and I still don't trust him carrying the ball. Montee Ball had trouble. McGahee was dependable.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paul Perkins was probably the best RB in the draft in terms of not coughing up the football.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is very common. Players go into college early don't hit the classroom, have to go JUCO then get back on their feet. Not sure if it was a learning problem or an effort problem.
He sure can catch the ball. #1 priority to play as a rookie is pass pro. Learning disability could have a direct effect on learning how to block at the Pro Level.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know that he has a learning disability?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He uses the mile high sault

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they are football smart and love the game - live a reasonable life - I don't care what how they did in school. I'm talking to you too Lynch. ;)

Booker and Lynch really seem to love the game and they are the people you trust the game with.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they are football smart and love the game - live a reasonable life - I don't care what how they did in school. I'm talking to you too Lynch. ;)

Booker and Lynch really seem to love the game and they are the people you trust the game with.

AMEN..

If they do the right things off the field, and ball out on the field I don't really care what they do in the classroom as long as if they were lazy in the classroom it doesn't carry over in their preparation. :)

I'd highly encourage them to do well, but I am here to watch them play football. :suds:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My avatar say wahoooooooooooooooo to this pick after making it !!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thrilled with this pick. We needed another RB option

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- Pretty much.

When the pick was made I was thinking, what player are we taking that Ill be letdown that we passed on Booker. BOOM

DENVER BRONCOS CURRENT SELECTION (SCREEN STICKS FOR A BIT)

ME- COME ON, JUST PUT IT UP THERE.

DEVONTATE BOOKER, RB, UTAH

ME: OMG, YES!!!! Stuff goes flying

My dad is remodeling a house right now and needed some help lifting some heavy equipment right before the Broncos were to pick. So I ran over and kept checking my twitter account just thinking DC would go crazy if Booker was picked here but the pick just makes too much sense to actually happen. Then saw that we picked him and just started laughing freaking my dad out at what I could be looking at that was so funny. Very glad we got this kid and I really do expect big things from him. Time to turn the Broncos back into Running Back heaven.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad is remodeling a house right now and needed some help lifting some heavy equipment right before the Broncos were to pick. So I ran over and kept checking my twitter account just thinking DC would go crazy if Booker was picked here but the pick just makes too much sense to actually happen. Then saw that we picked him and just started laughing freaking my dad out at what I could be looking at that was so funny. Very glad we got this kid and I really do expect big things from him. Time to turn the Broncos back into Running Back heaven.

LOL- Funny story!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As high as I am with the Lynch pick, decided to change my av to former American River College star Devontae Booker. Might have to take a dip in the American River to celebrate. Go Sactown! Go Broncos!

(Nod to Sac State's Lars Hanson while I'm on the subject.)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is manageable, but ask Springstein what happens when DC comes to him in his dreams.