• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do they go.

I'll be honest - when I kept seeing Queen fall, I knew Bmore was going to take him, but if they didn't I was fairly confident that he would have gotten to the 33rd pick. What a home run that would have been for Cincinnati. Now, instead, we get to face him twice a year. Damn good pick.

As for who's on the board - you could argue either way with OT/WR, and maybe DE (But, while I agree Dunlap is on his last legs, you still have Hubbard and Lawson - and could get by another year without drafting a DE here).

I'm not 100% sold on a lot of the guys there, and if they could trade back a few spots and get an extra 3rd or something, I'd look at that. If not, then I really like Tee Higgins. Gives you the outside WR and some height. Would go great allowing Boyd to move all over the field, and out of the slot - assuming AJ hangs around - also gives you another WR for when AJ inevitably goes down with an injury.

After that, I'd like to see OT here. Best left on the board is the kid from BSU - Cleveland. 6'6" and 315 would be a great bookend with Williams over on the left side.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone holding their breath on an Andy Dalton trade?
Doubtful. You still have a few veterans on the F/A market.

I think you either see them cut him straight up or they could hold on to him through pre-season and hope there is an injury that a team needs to make a trade for, but knowing how Brown deals with players - they would likely just cut him so he can latch onto a team with enough time to properly prepare.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins it is. I like it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looks like a receiver who causes mismatches with his size and speed, a good companion pick to burrow

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow, Higgins, and Logan Wilson. Nailed all three picks. I love it.

Only downside is the 14-2 Ravens somehow have 27 picks. And have cashed them in on some serious players. Queen and Harrison at LB? Fuck me..

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Tee Higgins pick. I'm not a draft guru like the rest of the people on the SportsHoopla, but I have a hard time figuring how a guy with Tee Higgins size and production is not a first rounder. He's a monster. Good player to eventually assume AJ Green's role.

The receiving corps is starting to show some promise. John Ross is in a contract year. AJ Green is playing for another deal (probably somewhere else). Auden Tate showed a lot of promise last year. Tyler Boyd is a proven commodity. Tee Higgins. If they can't find redzone success with that group, Taylor needs a new job.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can our OL block long enough for us to throw to a WR?

yea, probably against some teams. but that will be the next piece I think.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love what we have done so far. I would really like a trade back at the top of round 4 if someone wants to come up and get QB Jacob Eason.

If not, rest of the Draft hope:

Round 4: Akeem Davis-Gaither (LB) Appalachian State
Round 5: Jake Driscoll (RT) Auburn
Round 6: Logan Stenberg (OG) Kentucky
Round 7: Derek Tuszka (DE) North Dakota State