• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2- (trade up) Broncos select: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. But it’s also possible he’ll have done it while coaching Flacco in 2019 and 2020. And a new OC with all his brilliant ideas arrives just in time to shitcan everything Lock’s worked on as a #2 under Flacco for 2 years...

I think if he goes to be a HC somewhere then they promote Munchak to OC and Kuper takes over the O-Line. I would be worried if he and Munchak leave at the same time though. Maybe one of the two will hang around and eventually replace Fangio.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock responding to the perceived nonsupportive comments from Flacco

“I feel like if it would have been like the exact opposite answer, people would have scrutinized him for not wanting to win football games first,” Lock said.. “It’s such a double standard there with what people are making out of what he said.”

Great quote from a QB taking NFL media questions for the first time in his life

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing I see in Lock - he knows how to be a teammate and how to respect the pecking order. That's how players learn to trust each other. He is still likeable and says the right things.

I listened to some Bronco podcasts recently - I couldn't tell you which ones. They were saying that Flacco has been overthrowing his receivers - up to 70 yards downfield on the fly. Flacco has an astonishing arm. If he can manage the rhythm of the short passing game and run game - and pop long downfield a couple of times a game - it will be an interesting year for these Broncos.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing I want is my QB running over players in the NFL. That won’t usually end so well.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing I want is my QB running over players in the NFL. That won’t usually end so well.

The "last thing" ?? -- you'd rather have a QB crying on the sidelines or showing no passion for adjusting to the NFL game ??

But I'm sure the staff will tell Lock that taking on defenders isn;t going to get him far ..

However, Lock's chutzpah on the practice field might go a long way in determining how his teammates and how the organization sees him ...

The near indelible image of Paxton Lynch crying on the bench or doing some idiotic dance as a representation of the organization is quickly erased by a QB who is running over defensive backs

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "last thing" ?? -- you'd rather have a QB crying on the sidelines or showing no passion for adjusting to the NFL game ??

But I'm sure the staff will tell Lock that taking on defenders isn;t going to get him far ..

However, Lock's chutzpah on the practice field might go a long way in determining how his teammates and how the organization sees him ...

The near indelible image of Paxton Lynch crying on the bench or doing some idiotic dance as a representation of the organization is quickly erased by a QB who is running over defensive backs
Paxton was such a pussy
Not sure elways biggest failure post SB
Vj over Kyle or Paxton and never playing him

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton was such a pussy
Not sure elways biggest failure post SB
Vj over Kyle or Paxton and never playing him

I still think it was picking VJ and company over Kyle Shannahan and Wade Phillips.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it doesn’t become a habit I’m good with him taking on defenders. It can’t be every time he scrambles or a play breaks down, but there are definitely times when w he will need to be willing to either take a hit or give one. I’m glad to see in the early days of his career he’s showing a willingness to do just that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has terrible mechanics. Hope the Denver coaches can straighten him out. Arm slot 3/4. Throwing off back foot. Ball sails on him often.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has terrible mechanics. Hope the Denver coaches can straighten him out. Arm slot 3/4. Throwing off back foot. Ball sails on him often.

Supposedly he is a hard worker, which I hope would aid in him improving his mechanics.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not too worried about the 3/4 delivery as long as he’s accurate with it.

Kosar was an excellent QB who nearly went to two Super Bowls with a less than perfect delivery.