• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2- (trade up) Broncos select: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scangarello coaches himself into a job, good chance it is because he developed Lock into something great.. I'll take it if that is the case.

True enough. But it’s also possible he’ll have done it while coaching Flacco in 2019 and 2020. And a new OC with all his brilliant ideas arrives just in time to shitcan everything Lock’s worked on as a #2 under Flacco for 2 years...

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a rookie it would be a bit concerning if he can't beat out Hogan and Grayson.

Reminds me of another guy. What was his name? Payxton? Plato? Packton? Oh, who cares.

Wait, I remember. Playstation Lunch.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Mullins has stats as good as Jimmy G during same span of games.

Scans has already critiqued Lock’s footwork to the left during private meetings .

He can work on footwork.

I’m happy that QB is out of the equation for now cause it always drives your draft strategy when you have to go into a draft season needing a QB

Reactions: LGM

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we didn't have trade a ton of picks to get in position for the QB we hope can lead the team for years to come. Warming up to the Lock pick. Would have been nice to not trade as many picks. Glade we didn't use the 10th pick on him. I think it will motivate him and could make his career.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed a lot of unfair criticism from the media and non-Bronco fans towards Elway in regards to two things:
the head coaching turnover and revolving door at QB ..

I say unfair because with the exception of Vance, I think all of #7s head coaching moves have been excellent .. We needed stability after McD and Fox was that - a division win every year and a SB appearance after the organization had become a laughing stock ...

Kubes won a SB and with Wade, the team was a force ..

Vance was the one bad move ... and if you look the QBs, it is similar

What does anyone expect out of three 7th round QBs - Dysert, Siemian and Kelly ?? ... Siemian wasn;t a bad 7th rounder at all .... Oz helped us win a SB and he did play an important role in that run ...

So we're left with the Vance Joseph of the QBs = Paxton Lynch ..

And with all the overblown fear of Elway's "bad decisions" the pick of Lock has this unfair cloud of doubt hanging over it ..

The more I watched of Lock, the more I liked .. and I love the pick ... Lock has a completely different vibe than Lynch .. Lock looks like a natural athlete on the field, and to my eye, has an enormous upside because he can take command of an offense and lead drives with his physical traits and the presence he's got -- I think Lock has got that "it" factor ..

I'm ecstatic, esp with our first 3 picks ... and with Flacco, the way I understand his contract, if and when we are ready to move on, it's very team friendly ..

By taking Flacco -- a guy who Washington apparently coveted -- Elway not only upgraded the vet QB spot, but created a need in Washington that was ultimately filled by Keenum .. Elway killed two bords with one stone with that move, and with the way Scangarello had the QB room in San Fran running at such a high level, I think we have a great situation here with Flacco and Lock ..

I have not been this excited about an upcoming Bronco season in a long long time ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recommend everyone see the press conference for Risner, Lock and Jones. Likeability just drips off all three of them. Lock may look similar to Cutler - and have an arm like Cutler, but Lock is very humble and personable - I'm impressed with this group.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is much better looking then Cutler. Cutler always looked like a horses rear end

;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is much better looking then Cutler. Cutler always looked like a horses rear end

;)
So you are saying he looked like LGM?

Lock doesn’t look like a black cloud is hovering over his head like Jay did.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying he looked like LGM?

Lock doesn’t look like a black cloud is hovering over his head like Jay did.

That is only partially true and wholly unnecessary.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is more of a Farve with the gunslinger attitude, arm strength, and leadership style.

Fortunately, he's going to get the Rodgers treatment for a year or so.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is more of a Farve with the gunslinger attitude, arm strength, and leadership style.

Fortunately, he's going to get the Rodgers treatment for a year or so.

As you can see - unless you are here - we post things signifying that we miss you.

Reactions: LGM

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mizzou QB Drew Lock flies unfairly under the radar. Lock is a superstar, on and off the field. Perhaps anyone who doesn't appreciate him now will appreciate him when he is winning football games on Sundays." - Dari Nowkhah

"Drew Lock is by far the best quarterback in the country. It's not even close. He'll be the first guy taken in next year's NFL Draft among quarterbacks." - Jordan Rodgers, SEC Network

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear - Dak fell in the draft due to his marijuana citation while driving - more than anything else.
I always thought of him as a 2nd round QB prospect who fell to rd4 because of the pot. Lock is more of a 2nd round prospect who people thought was going to go in rd1. I guess thats all speculation on my part, though.

Locks a very different prospect but I was just using Dak as an example of a QB who fell into a good situation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought of him as a 2nd round QB prospect who fell to rd4 because of the pot. Lock is more of a 2nd round prospect who people thought was going to go in rd1. I guess thats all speculation on my part, though.

Locks a very different prospect but I was just using Dak as an example of a QB who fell into a good situation.

You're just mad because you will have to hear about him being a Denver Bronco on the local 6:00 news everyday!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it possible for me to want Lock to succeed but to also have the Broncos defense and special teams fall apart so they don't compete for the division? Fandom is weird.

I like you, i don't care what anyone says.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going from Trevor and Case how can any media person not see an upgrade with Lock. Its exciting having a young QB that could develop into a great player. I'm glad Vance and Musgrave aren't the ones working with him..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going from Trevor and Case how can any media person not see an upgrade with Lock. Its exciting having a young QB that could develop into a great player. I'm glad Vance and Musgrave aren't the ones working with him..

With the exception of Jimmy G's injury. everything QB related with the 9ers over the past few seasons has been stellar .. Between how Garoppolo and Mullens played, I don;t think you could ask for more from the guy who is coaching them ... Even CJ Beathard threw for 1,200+ yards in 5 games started ..

Bill Musgrave, on the other hand, is currently unemployed

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton Risner:

"He was my quarterback at the Senior Bowl, and by far out of all the quarterbacks there, Drew knew how to control the huddle. He knows how to come in and have confidence and give offensive linemen confidence ...He just knows what he is doing. When I saw that Drew was coming, I was extremely excited"

Of course, at this point, Risner isn;t going to say anything but good things .. But in watching Lock in interviews and the press conferences, this is not hard to believe .. Lock comes across as having a lot of confidence in what he is doing and by no means seems to rely solely on his arm or physical abilities ... Given some time and reps, I've got no trouble seeing him as the leader out there ...

I don;t think Risner's words can be understated .. Name a successful QB and you've got a guy who has command of the huddle ..