• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ROster moves today. Pronger out 4 weeks

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pronger had knee surgery, out four weeks. I may be overly optimistic, but it actually doesn't sound like a big deal.
Schenn recalled. Nodl waived.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, Nodl waived huh? I scoff at the people who tried to convince me of this guys ability since last year haha. The guy is simply too soft and has zero 'intangibles' to be useful on this team.

As for the Pronger situation. How many times will the Flyers medical staff get a pass for not handling injuries the right way? If the guy has lose particles in his knee, they aren't going to just go away. Have the f'n surgery 2 weeks ago and get him back in the middle of December.

I just get frustrated with them every year they pull this shit. See Jagr last week, what is the point of rushing a 38 year old back with an injured groin? Just dumb shit year after year.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ yep. Fortunately my team is healthy right now, but all medical staffs are like this. Except for Shittsburgh of course. :rolleyes:

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i can't decide which way i wanna look at this.

on the one hand.. we can be optimistic and say that hey, pronger will now only play 40-50 regular season games, and will probably be much fresher heading into the playoffs, when we need him.

on the other hand.. he's had 5 surguries in the last calendar year and he's 37 years old. how much more can his body realistically take? i know he takes good care of himself and i know he can still play at a very high level, but it just makes me wonder if eventually these surguries will start to have a negative effect on him. lots of the injuries are just bad luck, but knee problems are what worry me the most. and with pronger and lilja out and two rookies in..gotta worry about how much kimmo is going to have to play now..

also..i feel stupid for asking this..but whats the deal with bartulis/walker? why aren't they playing. i feel like i either missed something or forget what happened.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nodl is/was a good 4th line pk guy. Not sure why anyone thought he was more than that. Problem is there are about 10 guys in the system that fit that role.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i can't decide which way i wanna look at this.

on the one hand.. we can be optimistic and say that hey, pronger will now only play 40-50 regular season games, and will probably be much fresher heading into the playoffs, when we need him.

on the other hand.. he's had 5 surguries in the last calendar year and he's 37 years old. how much more can his body realistically take? i know he takes good care of himself and i know he can still play at a very high level, but it just makes me wonder if eventually these surguries will start to have a negative effect on him. lots of the injuries are just bad luck, but knee problems are what worry me the most. and with pronger and lilja out and two rookies in..gotta worry about how much kimmo is going to have to play now..

also..i feel stupid for asking this..but whats the deal with bartulis/walker? why aren't they playing. i feel like i either missed something or forget what happened.

i believe that walkers contract is pretty much the reason behind that. bartulis most likely health.

Nodl is/was a good 4th line pk guy. Not sure why anyone thought he was more than that. Problem is there are about 10 guys in the system that fit that role.

EXACTLY

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i always liked nodl. sure he had his flaws and sure he wasn't always great, but i think he is a solid 4th line guy who can play well around the boards and play smart hockey. are there guys who can do his job better? sure.
i wish nodl the best of luck in his career, whether its here or somewhere else

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like waiving nodl. And I don't really see the point. They have plenty of room for schenn with lilja and pronger on ltir. I hope he doesn't get claimed. Good speed, responsible defensively.

Pronger is an old fuck with no back or knees. I pessimisticly suggest his career is over. He may play again, but hes no better than walker on the ice . Love that cap hit.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My thoughts exactly. I like Nodl and he has been playing well this year. He wants to be on the team.

Unfortunately, he just isn't going to make it over guys like Talbot, Read, Cooter, Rinaldo, and now Schenn.

I would however take Nodl over Shelley any day of the week.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like waiving nodl. And I don't really see the point. They have plenty of room for schenn with lilja and pronger on ltir. I hope he doesn't get claimed. Good speed, responsible defensively.

Pronger is an old fuck with no back or knees. I pessimisticly suggest his career is over. He may play again, but hes no better than walker on the ice . Love that cap hit.

Walker????? Come on you don't mean that.

Do you see how these guys play when he isn't in the lineup? Do you see how they magically learn how to play defense again when he does play? If anything, just his presence makes us a better team let alone his defensive ability.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenn coming back....good.
Nodl waived...good.
Walker is simply not an NHL defenseman at this point. Bartulis would have to go through wavers and would likely be claimed *that is what I was told, could be wrong*.

The medical staff of this team stinks. The number of recurring him and groin issues that players have/develop under this teams training and medical supervision....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker????? Come on you don't mean that.

Do you see how these guys play when he isn't in the lineup? Do you see how they magically learn how to play defense again when he does play? If anything, just his presence makes us a better team let alone his defensive ability.

ok fine.. maybe not to the point of comparing him to walker.. but the guy just isn't worth what we gave up for him, and he's not worth his 4.9 hit now (nor will he get to that point in the next 6 (!!!!!) years)..

and as far as the defense playing better when he's there.. i'll give him some credit cause he's a good leader.. but its also because we're replacing him with kevin marshall.. there's a good chance over the next 4 weeks, that the flyers dress 3 rookie d-men in the same game (i assume someone will get nicked up or sick and need a night or two off).. the defense is going to look bad with 3 rookie d-men in the game.. it doesn't matter if its pronger or another coburn in there instead, the d would look much better.. the coburn/timonen pair 1. cant play together every shift, and 2. cant play every shift.. and mesz has looked bad the whole season.. carle had 'his best game of the season' (according to others, i didnt see the game, only listened) a few nights ago without pronger.. but when you're shuffling d-men to avoid playing rookies together, or keep them from playing too many minutes, there's no chemistry between d-pairs and the top 2 or 3 are straight gassed after 2 periods.. IMO the defense would look equally as medicore if timo or coburn were out instead of pronger

and to everyone that disagreed when i said he'd never return to form after his back this offseason.. eat it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awaz, no doubt he is on a downhill slide health-wise. And I don't know if that will change. BUt it is hard to argue that every time he is in the lineup the PK looks better, the PP actually works, and he logs alot of minutes.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Nodl being gone. Why not give Harrison Z a full time job? How about we give Wellwood or Holmstrom some NHL play? How about we keep Powe and trade Nodl?

Pronger sucks, but Propp and Phaith are right. He does help.

More importantly, Schenn. Fuck yeah. Feel those hard things in your shirt? Those are your nipples, stimulated to the thought of our bottom 6.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am fine with Nodl being gone. Why not give Harrison Z a full time job? How about we give Wellwood or Holmstrom some NHL play? How about we keep Powe and trade Nodl?

Pronger sucks, but Propp and Phaith are right. He does help.

More importantly, Schenn. Fuck yeah. Feel those hard things in your shirt? Those are your nipples, stimulated to the thought of our bottom 6.

watchingyouer9.gif