• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster / Lineup

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bored today at work so thought I would take a stab at an early lineup / roster before mini-camp really even begins.

QB Dalton
QB Finley

RB Mixon
RB Bernard
RB Anderson
RB Williams

No true FB. I bet they run out of the single back formation a majority of the time, or go with two HB types for confusion most the time.

WR Green
WR Boyd
WR Ross
WR Erikson
WR Core
WR Tate
WR Malone

TE Eifert
TE Sample
TE Uzomah

LT Williams
- Glenn will be his backup at LT, and Boiling the 3rd LT option
LG Boiling
C Price
LG Miller
RT Glenn
- Hart being his backup

Backups on the line: Hart, Jordan, Taylor, Westerman, Hopkins

DE Dunlap
DE Hubbard
DE Willis
DE Lawson

DT Atkins
DT Billings
DT Glasgow
DT Wren
DT Tupou

LB Brown
LB Vigil
LB Pratt
LB Davis
LB Jefferson
LB Evans

CB Jackson
CB Kirkpatrick
CB Dennard
CB Webb
CB Phillips

S Williams
S Bates
S Fejedelem
S Wilson

K Bullock
P Huber
LS Clark

Practice Squad: CB Brown, CB Cox, T Perkins, LB Worley, RB Flowers, WR Sharp, DE/DT Brown, TE Bohringer, S Henderson, eventual QB pickup before camp since I think they will keep Finley over Driskel and Finley will not survive on the practice squad.

Thoughts?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is in charge of ordering the rings?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is going to be one of the worst in the league.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good effort.

The D is horrible.

The offense has a chance to be good if everyone is healthy and the line shows improvement with the upgrades in talent.

The receiving corps are thin... After AJ and Boyd it's a horrible group. Erickson might be the best of the rest.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is in charge of ordering the rings?

I believe this is Troy Blackburn's job.... They're trying to give him more work now that Marvin is gone.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is going to be one of the worst in the league.

I think they have potential. We will see how the new guys and the injured guys from last year come into camp.

I think a healthy Preston Brown could help this defense. Then I am interested to see how Pratt does. Hubbard deserved the starting gig over Michael Johnson. Johnson was getting slow and old.

Maybe a new simpler scheme could help them. However, there is no doubt the offense is going to have to put up some points with the defense currently as it sits.

Praying for a healthy Eifert and WR core. Hopefully Taylor knows how to use Ross to get the most out of him. Boyd was considered a flop after his sophomore year, maybe Ross can take that next step with a new coaching staff going into his 3rd year.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would like to see us pick up a WR in FA that can fill a roll effectively if Green or Boyd get injured.

I don't think the others will do a great job. For that matter, just plan on Eifert getting hurt by week 4. get a tight end that can fill a roll when needed.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the names on that defense...

it's going to be a long season.
good grief.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember when we didn't need to worry about receiver because Core, Malone, and Ross were good?

Good times.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the Power Rankings I've seen, the Bengals are definitely going to overachieve. Most sources have us as one of the last 3 or 4 teams. This team's floor is 5 or 6 wins.... Hell, a mostly checked out Marvin Lewis got 6 wins out of a team that lost most of its impact players and had a historically bad defense.

The Bengals aint winning a playoff game last year, but they also aren't picking in the top 5. Book it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the Power Rankings I've seen, the Bengals are definitely going to overachieve. Most sources have us as one of the last 3 or 4 teams. This team's floor is 5 or 6 wins.... Hell, a mostly checked out Marvin Lewis got 6 wins out of a team that lost most of its impact players and had a historically bad defense.

The Bengals aint winning a playoff game last year, but they also aren't picking in the top 5. Book it.

Honestly, I know this is with Homer shades on a glass half full mindset....but I am banking on this new coaching staff getting more out of its players. We will see how the new LB does, but I am excited to see Lawson return. LB core is weak on paper right now thanks to the injury to Brown last year and our lack of a coverage LB. However, the new backer is a converted S, and Brown who led the NFL in tackles 2 years ago is healthy in the middle.

I think our defense with the right scheme customized to our strength is going to be much better than last year.

Offensively, I am expecting us to be top 10 with what the new coaching staff is promising us as long as guys stay healthy. Granted, this is going off faith and promise from a staff that has proved nothing yet. However, can it be any worse than last year? Historically bad defense. Green, Boyd, Mixon, Eifert, Price all shared time on the DL. We improved our offensive line's blocking immediately I think with Williams, 2nd year of Price calling the shots and Sample helping block. 5 best lineman. That is what they promise. We will see.

I am seeing the ceiling as 11-5 with a division lacking a true identity now. Pittsburgh is much weaker without Brown. JuJu is no #1, but a great 2nd.

Baltimore decided they are just going to run the ball every play with Jackson and Ingram, plus lost several good leaders on defense. They did okay restocking.

Cleveland on paper looks the best. But the league has had a chance to figure out Mayfield and Kitchens play calling a bit. They have outstanding weapons on offense, a solid defense that could be top 10. Need to see how things come together for them. Plus, we get the 4th place schedule, so our 2 in conference games will be against basement dwellers.

I am optimistic, but understand everything is new, takes time to gel, and we have to stay healthy for shit sakes.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham is probably going to be the league MVP. 1800 yards, 15 td’s. This division is not going to stop a soul on defense.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham is probably going to be the league MVP. 1800 yards, 15 td’s. This division is not going to stop a soul on defense.

I think OBJ is overrated.... If I'm wrong, I'll be here. If you want to disagree, I'll meet you at Longworth Hall.

But you're spot on about defense in the division. Baltimore has lost a lot on that side of the ball. Pittsburgh is rolling back out the Keith Butler scheme that their fans love so much. The Bengals have one of the 3 or 4 worst defenses in the league even if they show big improvements.

On the flip side, I think the Bengals have some offensive talent.... They'll probably be inconsistent - But I bet they have some shoot outs this year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OBJ is overrated.... If I'm wrong, I'll be here. If you want to disagree, I'll meet you at Longworth Hall.

But you're spot on about defense in the division. Baltimore has lost a lot on that side of the ball. Pittsburgh is rolling back out the Keith Butler scheme that their fans love so much. The Bengals have one of the 3 or 4 worst defenses in the league even if they show big improvements.

On the flip side, I think the Bengals have some offensive talent.... They'll probably be inconsistent - But I bet they have some shoot outs this year.

Cleveland's defense will be legit I am sure. Beckham has to deal with Landry, Coleman, Njoku, Chubb and Johnson taking his pass catch attempts too.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green and Eifert will be injured before we get going.

after that, it won't be worth watching. Dalton might even get injured after that.

this team is not one for contingency plans.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they drafted Sample as a hopeful contingency to Eifert, but how many teams plan for a contingency with their all-pro WR and starting QB going down for the season? Hard to plan on a contingency for guys that make nearly $20 million.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need a number 3 receiver who could potentially play in green's absence well enough to "get by"

actually, we might be ok at #2 qb for a change.