• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosen to Start Week 4

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Rosen makes his starting debut against us next game, as reported on NFL.com. Good news for us I think.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

A fresh guy in at QB might provide a bit of a spark for the Cards which I really don't want to see next week. Goods news is the game is in Arizona. For some reason the road team always seems to win these match ups.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Cards are going to gameplan Seattle HARD (unlike for example, the Vikings who looked past Buff). If they beat Seattle they have essentially a free win in San Fran with JG out which would put them at 2-3 and kind of back in it. I know 0-3 teams generally miss the playoffs, but there's always a chance this early in the season.

Arizona's rush D is absolutely terrible, so I hope we see another 30+ carry game from Carson. Mix in some Penny while we're at it. Should be a similar strategy to Dallas unless Rosen goes off and our hand is forced to pass.

Hopefully Wright plays. I don't think we need to rush Baldwin back this game given my approach is to rush the ball heavily although Doug-y did look pretty passionate on the sideline yesterday, lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

A fresh guy in at QB might provide a bit of a spark for the Cards which I really don't want to see next week. Goods news is the game is in Arizona. For some reason the road team always seems to win these match ups.
They may get a spark, but I'm not sure that overcomes such a lack of experience. The Cards played better early yesterday before blowing it vs Chicago, but they were blown out 58-6 the first 2 games. They have serious issues that a green horn first time starting QB will have a tough time solving.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may get a spark, but I'm not sure that overcomes such a lack of experience. The Cards played better early yesterday before blowing it vs Chicago, but they were blown out 58-6 the first 2 games. They have serious issues that a green horn first time starting QB will have a tough time solving.

If the D-line can get a pass rush going I'm not worried. Rosen will basically just quit if he gets hit in the mouth a few times. But if they give him time like Case Keenum got in week 1 it could be a long day. Of course that could be said for most QBs, but I do like Rosen's talent. He's just kind of a pussy.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen was a 'wussie' in the UW/UCLA game.
Just bring the pressure and bring Rosen down.

Don't give him time to create confidence. Get at it from SNAP 1.
He will QUIT again.

Go Hawks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as we try to ramp up the heat and put hits on Rosen, we gotta be wary of the increasingly prevalent roughing calls. I think there no less than 5 in the first half of the MNF game last night? It's nuts. I think the Hawks are doing a great job of it so far, but it's definitely something that could be a factor.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made my day yesterday hearing this.

I think that Earl and Wags are going to have career days

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as we try to ramp up the heat and put hits on Rosen, we gotta be wary of the increasingly prevalent roughing calls. I think there no less than 5 in the first half of the MNF game last night? It's nuts. I think the Hawks are doing a great job of it so far, but it's definitely something that could be a factor.

I think there's a reason why Seattle hasn't had a problem as much with these calls, it's because of the team's emphasis on the proper way to tackle. I get so sick of guys like Matthews whining. He dude, quit worrying about your flowing locks, and just tackle the guy without trying to dislocate his shoulder.

Don't fall on the QB, no flag.

Sure there's going to be some bang-bang plays where helmets hit where we get called.

But overall, the Seattle D is taught how to tackle.

Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a reason why Seattle hasn't had a problem as much with these calls, it's because of the team's emphasis on the proper way to tackle. I get so sick of guys like Matthews whining. He dude, quit worrying about your flowing locks, and just tackle the guy without trying to dislocate his shoulder.

Don't fall on the QB, no flag.

Sure there's going to be some bang-bang plays where helmets hit where we get called.

But overall, the Seattle D is taught how to tackle.
Yeah, I think we got after it pretty good with adjusting to the rules when the defenseless player stuff was new. Credit to the coaching. Hopefully this carries through the over the top roughing rule.

I think there's still mass confusion on the rules regarding helmet hits. "Helmet to helmet" happens nearly every play (probably multiple times every single play) but still is not by itself a penalty. Before this year, you could not "initiate forceful contact with the crown of the helmet in the open field" or hit a defenseless player (not just receiver) in the head or neck (does not matter what you hit them with). Now this year you cannot lower your head to initiate forceful contact (even if you don't hit the other player in the head). Still hear tons of announcers and fans talking about "helmet to helmet" though. (not directed at you per se, just a general rant about rule confusion regarding helmet hits)

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cards only scoring 20 points TOTAL the first three weeks of the season, I think Rick Mirer would be an upgrade. So, maybe Arizona gets 10-13 points with Rosen this upcoming week? I can live with that. They are going to get........... um...... rhymes with "brushed"? I hope that avoided any jinx potential.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some player availability notes:

Doug Baldwin returned to practice yesterday. PC said he "has a chance" to play on Sunday. Great news; even if he doesn't play in this one then it's almost a certainty he's on the field the following week.

Mychal Kendricks will play. His appeal process is still ongoing, so at least for this week he'll be available. This is also great news, as it appears KJ Wright isn't all that close to returning.

Pocic (ankle) and Dion Jordan ("core thing") are "hopeful" to play this Sunday. I'm thinking for this game and maybe the foreseeable future, Sweezy starts again at LG with Fluker at RG.

Britt returned to practice.