• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rory To Give Up 2019 European Tour Card

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For just that reason, come 2019, McIlroy is re-thinking his schedule. During his press conference ahead of the Euro Tour’s season finale, the DP World Tour Championship, the four-time major winner acknowledged that that might mean he will give up his membership in Europe.

“Right now, that is all sort of up in the air, but if it were to be that I don’t fulfill my membership next year, it’s not a Ryder Cup year, so it’s not the end of the world,” McIlroy said. “I am always going to want to play the Ryder Cup, so if that does happen, so be it, and I will try and make the Ryder Cup team the year after.”

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For just that reason, come 2019, McIlroy is re-thinking his schedule. During his press conference ahead of the Euro Tour’s season finale, the DP World Tour Championship, the four-time major winner acknowledged that that might mean he will give up his membership in Europe.

“Right now, that is all sort of up in the air, but if it were to be that I don’t fulfill my membership next year, it’s not a Ryder Cup year, so it’s not the end of the world,” McIlroy said. “I am always going to want to play the Ryder Cup, so if that does happen, so be it, and I will try and make the Ryder Cup team the year after.”

For a Euro, Rory is very comfortable in the U.S. really is more of a PGAT style bomb and gouge time player.

But as he said...every RC yr, he'll figure it out.