• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rondo-Paul “fight”

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'm not innocent by any means of bandwagoning. Just like all youth in the 90's, I was a big Chicago Bulls fan. But I never stopped following my local home team at the same time. It was just "cool" to follow the Bulls at the time.

Yeah, there's always been a certain amount of bandwagoning. I used to play a lot of pick up basketball in the 80's and 90's. I would laugh when I guys who were all about Magic and Bird in the 80's started showing up in Air Jordan gear in the 90's.

I chose the opposite. Stuck by the Lakers even more and complained about how MJ was "ruining basketball". lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has recreated how basketball fans work. He has millions of fans who follow him along to whatever team he's on instead of supporting a certain franchise. We are in a really weird place right now. The era of super teams and fans with player loyalty instead of team loyalty.

I bet every single owner wants Lebron on their team though. He brings the $$$

He brings in the $$$$, but no longer brings in the championships, and possibly not even the playoffs. Great for the owner, bad for the the fans who actually think they can win lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers can't play defense and can't shoot. I'm lovin it

This just shows how little you actually know about basketball.

When you consider pace of play, the Lakers defense isn't that bad. Their perimeter defense is actually pretty good, but they need to be able to protect the rim with more than just McGee. When he's out, or away from the basket and a guy gets beat off the dribble, it's pretty much a free run to the rim.

Defensive trust and communication are 2 of the toughest things to develop. Only someone who knows next to nothing about basketball would expect a team with this many new players to come out and be a good defensive team 2 games in.

As for shooting, they definitely need to work on some way to improve their shooting from the 3 point line. But their overall shooting percentage (3's included) is just over 48%. I'd bet that's one of the higher percentages in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So beacause they lost to a somewhat good team that is supposed to mean something? lol

The cavs are also 0-2, they lost to the top team in the east on the road and a west playoff team on the road! Does that prove anything?

That medicore Cavs roster won 50 games last year with major mid season changes and went to the finals or course they would be contending. They were far from "medicore" He needed other stars and a custom team built around him with great shooters, which is what he had. That isn't what he has now no matter how hard you cry. You can point out that Portland and Houston, are good i guess, but those won't be the only teams the lakers lose to this year lol

Lebron is in the downturn of his career, his days of contending are over. He will be picking up 41 million dollar checks at 38 thanks to the lakers tho lol

Cavs had an over .500 win % against the west

The mediocre Cavs roster won 50 games with LeBron James in a weak conference.

0-2 doesn't mean a lot for either team. It is 2 games against 2 very good teams for the Lakers. But, my bet is that you will see just how mediocre the Cavs roster really is. Because they have pretty much the same group, minus LeBron.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0-2 doesn't mean a lot for either team. It is 2 games against 2 very good teams for the Lakers. But, my bet is that you will see just how mediocre the Cavs roster really is. Because they have pretty much the same group, minus LeBron.

Cavs started with 2 road games against great teams, i won't judge them till i see them play some home games

If Lebron sits a few games you will see exactly how bad the lakers core is...Hint, it's a lot worse than the cavs last year and 10x worse than when Irving was on it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as i said earlier, way too soon to judge...at least for RATIONAL minds...

let 'em keep trolling the Lakers. imo the game was great AND coulda went either way up until the fight. had the Lakers actually won i doubt very seriously we'd be hearing all this crapola today...

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Lakers need more floor time for the following grouping: James, Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and Hart. That's a group who can probably do some really good things offensively. James can guard centers for short periods of time.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Rondo.

Signed - all Mavs fans

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Ingrams frustration, because Harden is a dirty player, but he has to control himself better

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Lakers need more floor time for the following grouping: James, Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and Hart. That's a group who can probably do some really good things offensively. James can guard centers for short periods of time.
Defensively, that group sucks hard... they'd get pound on the boards, too.

Not sure they want to put LeBron through the physical punishment, either.

It's an interesting line-up, to be sure... but it just doesn't have enough physicality.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, that group sucks hard... they'd get pound on the boards, too.

Not sure they want to put LeBron through the physical punishment, either.

It's an interesting line-up, to be sure... but it just doesn't have enough physicality.

The Warriors run Draymond Green at center for long stretches and we run P.J. Tucker at center. It works when you just switch everything.

Golden State

Draymond Green 6'7 230
Kevin Durant 6'9 240
Andre Iguodala 6'6 215
Klay Thompson 6'7 215
Stephen Curry 6'3 190

Houston (speculating Anthony will replace Ariza in this lineup)

P.J. Tucker 6'6 245
Carmelo Anthony 6'8 240
James Harden 6'5 220
Eric Gordon 6'4 215
Chris Paul 6'0 175

Lakers

Lebron James 6'8 250
Kyle Kuzma 6'9 220
Brandon Ingram 6'9 190
Lonzo Ball 6'6 190
Josh Hart 6'5 215

The first 2 examples do fine and even excel defensively in the switch anything crash the boards version of themselves. Then light it up offensively. The Lakers aren't defending all that well now, might as well try to outscore some folks for stretches.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors run Draymond Green at center for long stretches and we run P.J. Tucker at center. It works when you just switch everything.

Golden State

Draymond Green 6'7 230
Kevin Durant 6'9 240
Andre Iguodala 6'6 215
Klay Thompson 6'7 215
Stephen Curry 6'3 190

Houston (speculating Anthony will replace Ariza in this lineup)

P.J. Tucker 6'6 245
Carmelo Anthony 6'8 240
James Harden 6'5 220
Eric Gordon 6'4 215
Chris Paul 6'0 175

Lakers

Lebron James 6'8 250
Kyle Kuzma 6'9 220
Brandon Ingram 6'9 190
Lonzo Ball 6'6 190
Josh Hart 6'5 215

The first 2 examples do fine and even excel defensively in the switch anything crash the boards version of themselves. Then light it up offensively. The Lakers aren't defending all that well now, might as well try to outscore some folks for stretches.
A rather key difference is that the Lakers have too many "softies" in any such lineup.

Ingram is not very physical.
Kuzma is not very physical.
Ball is not very physical.

Plus James just doesn't give 100% on the defensive end anymore at this stage in his career.

That line up would get killed defensively. Killed. The NBA is a man's game.

Finally, GS and Houston are better offensive lineups as well... because they can shoot lights out. Haven't seen that from the Lakers yet.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rather key difference is that the Lakers have too many "softies" in any such lineup.

Ingram is not very physical.
Kuzma is not very physical.
Ball is not very physical.

Plus James just doesn't give 100% on the defensive end anymore at this stage in his career.

That line up would get killed defensively. Killed. The NBA is a man's game.

Finally, GS and Houston are better offensive lineups as well... because they can shoot lights out. Haven't seen that from the Lakers yet.

Golden State shoots lights out, Houston really doesn't. They just volume shoot 3's because 33 percent 3 point shooting is the same as 50 percent 2 point shooting statistically. So Dantoni doesn't like 2 point shots that are made at clips of less than 50 percent. ie jumpers

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State shoots lights out, Houston really doesn't. They just volume shoot 3's because 33 percent 3 point shooting is the same as 50 percent 2 point shooting statistically. So Dantoni doesn't like 2 point shots that are made at clips of less than 50 percent. ie jumpers
Fair enough.

Anything with regards to how soft the L.A. lineup you suggest is... ?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said earlier, way too soon to judge...at least for RATIONAL minds...

let 'em keep trolling the Lakers. imo the game was great AND coulda went either way up until the fight. had the Lakers actually won i doubt very seriously we'd be hearing all this crapola today...
Dude win or lose this would be a huge story just like it is now

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

Anything with regards to how soft the L.A. lineup you suggest is... ?

I think it's worth a shot in small doses to see what happens. That lineup would be a nightmare to defend in the open court.

If you are out and running and scoring almost every possession, you only need a few stops to make it effective. It doesn't have to be a lock down defensive unit.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth a shot in small doses to see what happens. That lineup would be a nightmare to defend in the open court.

If you are out and running and scoring almost every possession, you only need a few stops to make it effective. It doesn't have to be a lock down defensive unit.
Ok... fair enough.

btw, it's nice to see you around the NBA forum, Hook. :thumb:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... fair enough.

btw, it's nice to see you around the NBA forum, Hook. :thumb:

I'm trying to branch out from the forum I normally talk basketball on. It's gone full retard with Austin area transplants and morons who have no real ties to Texas and just bitch about everything non-stop. Want every coach fired, every player sucks, every poster who tells them they are being dumb is a sunshine pumper, etc. They basically decided we wouldn't make the playoffs after the first game against New Orleans. Fuck all that nonsense, I'll just post in this forum.