• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo -revisionist history

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has been maligned a lot in his career. He has made a lot of really untimely turnovers and mistakes. But how much of that is on him and how much is on the teams he has been surrounded with?

How much of his troubles stem from having to do too much? This season he has a good line and really good playmakers to hand off or throw the ball to. I think people were surprised that Dallas did so well because the defense last season was just bad! But they improved, and it helps a lot if the offense can keep the defense off the field. A balanced team, so Rome is having a good season.

My only concern would be durability going forward. We have a lot of quarterbacks in this postseason with nagging injuries.

Pretty much my feelings. Romo has put up good numbers through his career. He has had a great TE and decent WR's most of the time. He hasn't had a great line or even a good RB most of that time.

He's lost us big games. He has also been blamed for losing games that he didn't do anything wrong (looking at you Crayton). End of the day is he is the face of the Cowboys. No matter what he does, he will catch too much praise from some and too much hate from others just because of that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Jerry Jones on a radio show this morning and he was talking about how one of his boggest regrest would be if Romo never won a Super Bowl. He then commented that he has been trying to build a team around him to help bring him there to the Super Bowl.

The problem is in most cases it is the QB who takes the team or leads the team to the Super Bowl and not the rest of the team bringing the QB along with them.

Yea ...Romo should have had a couple of rings right now with that all time worst defense in Cowboys history.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, Romo must be judged by his big game and post season performances. He proved he was every bit a leader at the end of the Washington game last year.

He just finished his 7th reg season as a starter and is #2 in the all time passer rating.
He is playing the game at the highest level and it has to be acknowledged.

I really hope this season ends on a high note for Romo. He has paid his dues.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.... almost consistently. This year seems to be the exception, not the rule, so far.

Too early to tell. He needs to at least make the championship game to begin reversing the perception of his legacy.

If the Cowboys lose today and a couple of bad plays by Romo are a contributing factors, he will be viewed the same way. Choke artist that can't win the big game.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jerry will wine and dine the refs before the game. Get out the checkbook Jerry!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell. He needs to at least make the championship game to begin reversing the perception of his legacy.

If the Cowboys lose today and a couple of bad plays by Romo are a contributing factors, he will be viewed the same way. Choke artist that can't win the big game.

Sad but for the most part true.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He chokes in big games - that's been his moniker. If he wants to change that, he has to win the SB - and even then it's no guarantee.

It's still true of Peyton Manning, even though he has a SB ring.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHile you are right, if Dallas loses at all there will be no shortage of "romo choked". Look at last years Denver game where we lost like 48-52 and all those points were straight from romo. Defense sucked, but people said Romo choked.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He chokes in big games - that's been his moniker. If he wants to change that, he has to win the SB - and even then it's no guarantee.

It's still true of Peyton Manning, even though he has a SB ring.

Steeler fans need to be careful about perpetuating the "been accused of it a couple of times, so it must be true" line of thinking.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO and not in any way does it have to do with the 9ers at all. BTW how's it going with that hedge bet you did with the Colts vs Broncos on the pickems?

Im just joking man, and thanks for pointing that out, would have cost me a pick! Enjoy your weekend:suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHile you are right, if Dallas loses at all there will be no shortage of "romo choked". Look at last years Denver game where we lost like 48-52 and all those points were straight from romo. Defense sucked, but people said Romo choked.

You're probably right. People love to hate Romo. More specifically, people love to hate the Cowboys. I ain't afraid to admit I'm one of those haters. Not so much Romo, but the Cowboys for sure.

BTW- I'm using the word hate in the trendy, social media way, not actual hate.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today are big games for both Romo and Luck. Will both choke like they usually do or will they get that monkey off their backs. Big day today for the NFL.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the trash talking. Kick this pig and lets get it on!:yahoo:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i complimented his game in another thread

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins a superbowl this year, people will talk about him as a great from this era.

If he loses, he was nothing

funny? his numbers are pretty darn astonishing
I agree... Tony has put up great numbers.