• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo -revisionist history

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins a superbowl this year, people will talk about him as a great from this era.

If he loses, he was nothing

funny? his numbers are pretty darn astonishing

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins a superbowl this year, people will talk about him as a great from this era.

If he loses, he was nothing

funny? his numbers are pretty darn astonishing

Scott Linehan. Same OC that helped Stafford get 5000 yards.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo's numbers have been consistently good, he had 1 bad year

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisionist history or correcting a slanted perception by the victors, that's the question with Romo I suppose.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many greats can one era have?

Is this the end of the Manning era? The beginning of the end of Roethlisberger era? The dawn of the Luck era? Or will Tony and Aaron just decide to share?

Romo's a good QB, one game shouldn't affect much really. It's not like the dudes career is coming to a close or anything.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has always put up solid numbers. He just makes bonehead plays at the worst possible time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many greats can one era have?

Is this the end of the Manning era? The beginning of the end of Roethlisberger era? The dawn of the Luck era? Or will Tony and Aaron just decide to share?

Romo's a good QB, one game shouldn't affect much really. It's not like the dudes career is coming to a close or anything.

Great by traditional measures, but yeah, pretty dubious to see him as great given his peer group and era.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see how leading his team to a title makes his resume look a lot better because he actually did something huge in the post-season? People were talking up Romo and the Cowboys for like 4 years straight and they were always a dud.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has been maligned a lot in his career. He has made a lot of really untimely turnovers and mistakes. But how much of that is on him and how much is on the teams he has been surrounded with?

How much of his troubles stem from having to do too much? This season he has a good line and really good playmakers to hand off or throw the ball to. I think people were surprised that Dallas did so well because the defense last season was just bad! But they improved, and it helps a lot if the offense can keep the defense off the field. A balanced team, so Rome is having a good season.

My only concern would be durability going forward. We have a lot of quarterbacks in this postseason with nagging injuries.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see how leading his team to a title makes his resume look a lot better because he actually did something huge in the post-season? People were talking up Romo and the Cowboys for like 4 years straight and they were always a dud.

Truthfully I don't give a hoot anymore when it comes to individual accomplishments in the playoffs, even the QB, but I am generally in the minority on that to be certain when it comes down to judging guys when they hung it up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great by traditional measures, but yeah, pretty dubious to see him as great given his peer group and era.

Tony was born 7-8 years too early, maybe.

There are pretty much a half dozen QBs with their ticket to Canton already punched. (Eli would have to return to 2013, for a majority of the remainder of his career to NOT get in. I think, not sure.) Hard to envision Romo getting himself into that level even with a Super Bowl win this year.

Doesn't mean I won't think he's good if the Cowboys fall short. I think Rivers is good too. No rings for that maniac either. With young guys like Flacco and Wilson already having Lombardis, I don't see a 34 year making any huge moves in the Power Rankings. Or cementing greatness because of a ring this year.

Maybe he goes into next season at #6, I could see it. But I already considered Tony a Top Ten QB before this excellent season of his.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has always put up solid numbers. He just makes bonehead plays at the worst possible time.

He's a good QB overall, but people remember the big moments more than anything.. For a QB to be considered a great one of any era, he's gotta perform in those big moments... Those are the moments we all remember...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Jerry Jones on a radio show this morning and he was talking about how one of his boggest regrest would be if Romo never won a Super Bowl. He then commented that he has been trying to build a team around him to help bring him there to the Super Bowl.

The problem is in most cases it is the QB who takes the team or leads the team to the Super Bowl and not the rest of the team bringing the QB along with them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Jerry Jones on a radio show this morning and he was talking about how one of his boggest regrest would be if Romo never won a Super Bowl. He then commented that he has been trying to build a team around him to help bring him there to the Super Bowl.

The problem is in most cases it is the QB who takes the team or leads the team to the Super Bowl and not the rest of the team bringing the QB along with them.

Gotta disagree with that one. Joe Montana and Steve Young won a bunch of Rings with the 49'ers. Dan Marino didn't win any. Somehow, if they switched team and Marino played on teams that had Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, and Charles Haley I think Marino would have more rings than fingers. Same thing applies to the Tony Romo/Russell Wilson debate. If Romo's defense had had Bobby Wagner, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman instead of Mo Claiborne, JJ Wilcox and Justin Durant, he would have definitely won Championships

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup.... almost consistently. This year seems to be the exception, not the rule, so far.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Linehan. Same OC that helped Stafford get 5000 yards.

and yet everyone says romo is better this year because of the running game :noidea: