• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roman to interview with Minnesota today

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Adam Shefter "San Francisco OC Greg Roman will interview today for the Minnesota Vikings head coaching job, per league sources."

Why cant this dooche wait until the season is over? And really, one day before a huge game for us? I cant see this guy having much focus for tomorrows game. He already had an interview the day after the Packer game as well.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Roman - C - 49ers

49ers OC Greg Roman is interviewing for the Vikings' head-coaching vacancy on Saturday.

Roman is the type of candidate who could overtake Bengals DC Mike Zimmer as the favorite in Minnesota, having shown an ability to not only maximize limited-talent quarterbacks like Alex Smith, but develop a raw one in Colin Kaepernick into a franchise signal caller. The Vikings need quarterback help any way they can get it. Vikings GM Rick Spielman is also a 49ers admirer, having attempted to build his team (ineffectively) in San Francisco's likeness.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 11 - 8:22 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Tomsula - DL - 49ers

The Vikings will interview 49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula for their head-coaching vacancy Saturday.

Tomsula has been the 49ers' DL coach for the past seven seasons. He served as interim head coach for the final game of the 2010 season after Mike Singletary was fired and led San Francisco to a 38-7 win over the Cardinals. Tomsula has also been the head coach of the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe back in the day. The Vikings are also interviewing 49ers OC Greg Roman Saturday.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Jan 11 - 9:48 AM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it would be nice for the to implement better rules on this. I still don't see roman or any coach being distracted.

You can't Blame a guy for looking out for his future. Considering this is his window to do it and most coaches get hired quick when these guys are in a playoff run and can't do it after this week.

This falls on the NFL.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we know what my response to this will be....

I can't fault them for looking for a better future but I can fault them for being distracted and choosing to do so while in the playoff hunt(day before game, really?)

Fuck off Minnesota...

NFL needs to do something but they won't.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Shefter "San Francisco OC Greg Roman will interview today for the Minnesota Vikings head coaching job, per league sources."

Why cant this dooche wait until the season is over? And really, one day before a huge game for us? I cant see this guy having much focus for tomorrows game. He already had an interview the day after the Packer game as well.

Because other teams who want to interview potential coaches don't wait. If given the choice, don't you think he would rather wait until after the season to interview?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because other teams who want to interview potential coaches don't wait. If given the choice, don't you think he would rather wait until after the season to interview?

Yeah, true. Still really chaps my ass though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think today is the best time of the week for them to go on in an interview. I have strong reasons to believe that Saturdays are typically considered our least busiest day of the week. Like a walk through per se. Gameplan has already been installed and it's just a matter of players for their game on Sunday. The assistant coaches I'm sure were left with designated tasks to perform on Saturday by Roman in his absence. Vic Fangio is still around and has his group of dlinemen in check for one day. I'm sure both coaches had planned this way in advance at least before the Packers game. If we lose (which we won't) it won't be because of that.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interview Roman keep your hands the fuck off Tomsula... He is way too good to go to a shithole like Minnesota.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out, if they hadn't interviewed him by this weekend, they couldn't have interviewed him until after the season is over.