• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo and Flacco are worth 20 why not Ben?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's the going rate, not sure how you get around paying him that much. The problem I see is paying him that much for his two remaining years, plus a 5 year extension. If they went a three year extension that would be better, but I don't see it happening.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben has moved money for the cap the last 2 yrs and I'm sure that rolled into the final 2 yrs in a bonus form so extension I think would be the play...the good here is Ben was already playing under a cap heavy deal so the team structure has been working around that.

Imagine in SEA when RW's rookie deal is up and he goes from a 800k cap hit to a $15 mil cap hit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In case you missed it... Ben went down to a pretty gruesome looking injury today. One of the Rams safeties blitzed Ben's weakside and stumble through the gap right into his knee. It wasn't a dirty play, but questionable on whether it should have been penalized (you know if that was Brady out there you would have seen at least a dozen yellow flags hit the turf). Ben had help getting off the field, and you could see that he was unable to put much weight on his left leg. It didn't look good.

But we can now breathe a sigh of relief... Ben was rushed to the hospital tonight to get an MRI and the results were good, considering:

Ben Roethlisberger (knee) out four to six weeks - NFL.com

No tears! HOORAY!!! MCL sprain and a knee bruise. They are predicting 4-6 weeks, of which I am predicting 3-4. Ben is one of the toughest SOB's to ever play this game, and doctors/analysts/talking-heads always forget that. Book it... He'll be back earlier than 6 weeks, guaranteed!

In the meantime... I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy get resigned to the 53. Or they might bring in someone for a workout (Flynn?). I think we can get by with Vick and Landry Jones for the next 3 weeks. Time for Haley to earn his paycheck.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty were in much better shape now than if we had bruce for 6 games

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty were in much better shape now than if we had bruce for 6 games
lol you and your hate for Bruce...

Can't really argue with you because there isn't much substance to Bruce to challenge with. But I think Vick has looked good through the preseason playing behind the 2nd team O-line. So I have no reason to believe anything different. He should vastly improve from his erratic play tonight when he gets a few days of 1st team reps in practice.

Really glad that only 1, possibly 2, divisional games occur during Ben's injury.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you and your hate for Bruce...

Can't really argue with you because there isn't much substance to Bruce to challenge with. But I think Vick has looked good through the preseason playing behind the 2nd team O-line. So I have no reason to believe anything different. He should vastly improve from his erratic play tonight when he gets a few days of 1st team reps in practice.

Really glad that only 1, possibly 2, divisional games occur during Ben's injury.

i dont hate bruce, hes just doesnt have the arm to take advantage of this talent.......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a 1/2 game to a game......fine....but for 4-6 weeks this is why i wanted vick

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean look what happened with dallas, a GOOD back up is required

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. But I still think Bruce had the arm & talent to lead this offense just as well as Vick will. Just my opinion though. I was of a higher opinion on Bruce than most.

Vick will do well. I'm just really scared about this TNF game against Baltimore. Thank god Suggs is gone, but I still worry about Vick holding up to the physicality of this type of rivalry. We know Vick's history with injuries...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. But I still think Bruce had the arm & talent to lead this offense just as well as Vick will. Just my opinion though. I was of a higher opinion on Bruce than most.

Vick will do well. I'm just really scared about this TNF game against Baltimore. Thank god Suggs is gone, but I still worry about Vick holding up to the physicality of this type of rivalry. We know Vick's history with injuries...
we could always trade for johnny football

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could always trade for johnny football
Where did you say you lived again? Irwin? I'll be over in a few... Got a special "kunt punt" delivery coming your way. No tip necessary.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In case you missed it... Ben went down to a pretty gruesome looking injury today. One of the Rams safeties blitzed Ben's weakside and stumble through the gap right into his knee. It wasn't a dirty play, but questionable on whether it should have been penalized (you know if that was Brady out there you would have seen at least a dozen yellow flags hit the turf). Ben had help getting off the field, and you could see that he was unable to put much weight on his left leg. It didn't look good.

But we can now breathe a sigh of relief... Ben was rushed to the hospital tonight to get an MRI and the results were good, considering:

No tears! HOORAY!!! MCL sprain and a knee bruise. They are predicting 4-6 weeks, of which I am predicting 3-4. Ben is one of the toughest SOB's to ever play this game, and doctors/analysts/talking-heads always forget that. Book it... He'll be back earlier than 6 weeks, guaranteed!

In the meantime... I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy get resigned to the 53. Or they might bring in someone for a workout (Flynn?). I think we can get by with Vick and Landry Jones for the next 3 weeks. Time for Haley to earn his paycheck.

His foot was planted when #26 made contact with the ankle area...never directly targeted Ben's knee...that said he probably gets a letter from the league office even though no intent, and no flag was thrown....I concur if that was Brady, the flag comes out in that spot.

Ben (as are the Steelers and us fans) are fortunate it's only a bruise and he should be back before the bye.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know it wasn't good when you see Ben drop the ball and hit the ground!!!
All the years of watching him, I have never seen him react the way he did...It was defiantly a Oh Shit moment!!!