• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers amazing TD throw

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can throw it about 50 yards with a running start. It is not a spiral at all, more like a floating duck but it went 50 yards lol. And my arm felt horrible after I did it too.

Not a football player either, but I have participated in a few turkey bowls.

I could throw a ball 65 yards. Just not all at once.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the video in the link. The math experts calculated the distance of arch in which the ball flew through the air. The Math experts say if the ball was 26 yards high off of the ground the ball flew through the arch for a distance of 85 yards.

The debate is how high did the ball go up in the air from field level. When you read the info provided it says the roof of the dome is 128 ft or 42 yards up. When watching the video one needs to determine just how high the arch of the ball is. When looking at the video the writer of this article is suggesting that it is more than the 26 yards up in the air from field level giving it a distance of more than 85 yards with his estimation of near 100 yards.

We just need an expert that can tell us from the video the actual height of the ball at its highest point

Right but this is football ... Where you release it and where it lands is what counts... When you do a throwing contest you don't measure the height, it's all about where it hits the ground... Aaron has a cannon and he showed it...

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Tim is back and still rooting for the Packers:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a QB can't throw the ball 60 yards in the air, he shouldn't be in the league. People are overreacting to it because it's Rodgers and it just looked good in the air.

It traveled 70 yards distance wise but he threw it so high it nearly hit the roof. If he throws it at a normal height the ball might go 90+ yards.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part is that this game made the Playoff run in NFCN a two horse battle.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the strongest arms I have ever seen use to be a Patriot. He played at K State. Couldn't find too many of his throws but watch this one off his back foot
Fast forward to 1:45

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It traveled 70 yards distance wise but he threw it so high it nearly hit the roof. If he throws it at a normal height the ball might go 90+ yards.

:stephena:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack are Seahawks fans now... Go ahead, confess it!!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a punt.

Actually it was higher up in the air than most punts and why they did a calculation on just how far through the air the ball traveled counting the distance f the arch. Be honest have you ever seen a QB throw a pas that far up in the air at any time in your previous NFL watching history. As you look in the picture below you can see how close it was to one of the rafters holding up the roof. At least it didnt bounce off now that would have sucked.

So yes it was higher than a punt as punts dont get that high. Except once in awhile a punt has hit that huge TV in Dallas but this pass is much higher than that.

When watching the game on TV the TV cameras lost it because it went to high and was out of view.

LOOK: This is how close Rodgers' Hail Mary came to hitting the rafters

Aaron-Rodgers-rafters-Hail-mary-12-04-15.jpg

As Packers coach Mike McCarthy explained after the game, the high throw was by design. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to throw the ball as high as he could to give his receivers a better chance to catch it.

When you throw it with that arch you have a chance, because it gives guys a chance to fight for position," McCarthy said, viatheGreen Bay Press-Gazette. "That's the whole design of it."

The only flaw in McCarthy's design is that if a team is playing indoors, there's a small chance the high pass could hit the rafters in the stadium, and that almost happened with Rodgers' pass at Ford Field.

Although TV cameras didn't get a great shot of how high the ball went, a fan at the game, who filmedthe play on his phone, got a great angle, and here's how close the ball came to hitting the rafters (The red arrow is where the ball is).

If the ball had hit the rafters, the play would've been immediately stopped and the Packers would've got to run one more play from the same spot, their own 39-yard line. The ball fell about 20 feet short of the rafters though, and the Packers got to go home with a miraculous 27-23 win.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that you got a rainbow for this all I asked myself was what Patriots fan gave it to you. I can't help but laugh.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Packer fans are cracking me up.

Have you ever seen a pass go that high?

Greatest pass ever thrown!!!

It was higher than every punt. evar!!!

It went a hundred yards of you measure the parabolic trajectory!!

OMFG, get a grip.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that you got a rainbow for this all I asked myself was what Patriots fan gave it to you. I can't help but laugh.

Probably because some folks are smart enough to know that the higher trajectory adds distance to the throw, it doesn't shorten it.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because some folks are smart enough to know that the higher trajectory adds distance to the throw, it doesn't shorten it.
I was a math major Rex, I'm perfectly aware of Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus and Differential Equations. I just knew the Rainbow was awarded by a Patriots fan before I even clicked on it to so exactly who.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a math major Rex, I'm perfectly aware of Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus and Differential Equations. I just knew the Rainbow was awarded by a Patriots fan before I even clicked on it to so exactly who.

All you had to say is; You're right Rex", I don't care what you majored in.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing throw is all because of Adidas. Have to get props in for the sponsors. So we cant give Rodgers as much credit here. :suds:

Aaron Rodgers Credits adidas Cleats for Hail Mary Touchdown Pass

Despite missing numerous weapons, Aaron Rodgers has the Green Bay Packers in position to make the playoffs — especially following tonight's miraculous finish in Detroit.

Proving that games are never over until the clock hits 0:00, Rodgers and the Pack were down 23-21 with just 6 seconds left to play in the 4th quarter. The Packers then tried a lateral play that fell short, seemingly ending the game. However, a facemask penalty was called on the Lions, giving Rodgers one last heave at the end zone.

There may not be a quarterback with a stronger arm in football than Rodgers, and he showed the world why as time expired. Evading defenders on the final snap, Rodgers rolled out to his right and launched a 61-yarder that was reeled in by tight end Richard Rodgers, giving Green Bay an improbable 27-23 victory.

What's to credit for the hail mary? Rodgers' cannon of an arm is a good place to start, but he's giving praise to someone else — his new partners at adidas. Speaking to reporters after the game (as seen in the video below), Rodgers said, "I was going to have to run for some yards to throw it — I had my fast adidas on that I showed off on that touchdown run," alluding to an earlier play.

Adidas announced the signing of Rodgers back in September. He's spent the majority of the season playing in blacked out and team-inspried Crazyquick cleats.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is hard to accept greatness from others who are not in Patriot uniforms

Bullshit, I like Aaron Rodgers. He a good little QB and he's made some great plays in his career.

Throwing a punt 70 yards is nothing special and neither is having your TE come down with the ball in front of a pack of clueless defenders. This is why I said you Packer fans are cracking me up. SOME of you guys are apparently aware that just about every QB in the NFL can toss a ball that far if all that matters is that it land in the "general vicinity".

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Packer fans are cracking me up.

Have you ever seen a pass go that high?

Greatest pass ever thrown!!!

It was higher than every punt. evar!!!

It went a hundred yards of you measure the parabolic trajectory!!

OMFG, get a grip.
It's simple physics bro.