• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers amazing TD throw

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was easy. But every NFL QB should be able to do it. I love to troll Brady, but when he had Moss, he threw some awesome deep balls to him. I don't think the Patriots have really had a deep threat WR since he left. Just think for a second. How far can you throw a ball? I don't throw too much. I'm normally a WR when I play pick up games. But I can still throw the ball around 30 yards. I'd say that's about right for an average person. So a QB should be able to double that easily.
spock.png

With that logic you could say you could run the hundred yard dash in 16 seconds so a pro should be able to do it in eight.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The farthest I have ever seen a QB throw a ball was Kordell Stewart's Hail Mary vs Michigan. And that includes incompletions. This just happened to work. Watch this play.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't 60 yards. The line of scrimmage was 60 yards, Rodgers was nearly 10 yards behind that. 70 yards of throwing the ball to the end zone is not easy. I'll tell you right now Brady couldn't do that, according to the logic you use he shouldn't be in the league.

Brady might be able to throw it, but I don't know about the whole play as it came about with the scrambling and such. The amazing part wasn't so much the distance but the height he put on the ball and still get it 70 yards. Incredible.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The farthest I have ever seen a QB throw a ball was Kordell Stewart's Hail Mary vs Michigan. And that includes incompletions. This just happened to work. Watch this play.

I watched both this throw and Flutie's throw live. Neat memories.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it was 70 yards.... Great throw, but save the 100 yard throws to Tecmo Bowl ... :]

Did you watch the video in the link. The math experts calculated the distance of arch in which the ball flew through the air. The Math experts say if the ball was 26 yards high off of the ground the ball flew through the arch for a distance of 85 yards.

The debate is how high did the ball go up in the air from field level. When you read the info provided it says the roof of the dome is 128 ft or 42 yards up. When watching the video one needs to determine just how high the arch of the ball is. When looking at the video the writer of this article is suggesting that it is more than the 26 yards up in the air from field level giving it a distance of more than 85 yards with his estimation of near 100 yards.

We just need an expert that can tell us from the video the actual height of the ball at its highest point

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was roughly 74 yards in the air.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flutie's pass was roughly the same as Rodgers in yards forward.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the video in the link. The math experts calculated the distance of arch in which the ball flew through the air. The Math experts say if the ball was 26 yards high off of the ground the ball flew through the arch for a distance of 85 yards.

The debate is how high did the ball go up in the air from field level. When you read the info provided it says the roof of the dome is 128 ft or 42 yards up. When watching the video one needs to determine just how high the arch of the ball is. When looking at the video the writer of this article is suggesting that it is more than the 26 yards up in the air from field level giving it a distance of more than 85 yards with his estimation of near 100 yards.

We just need an expert that can tell us from the video the actual height of the ball at its highest point
Right but no one measures it that way. Distance is measured laterally point A to point B. Could you imagine if home runs were measured that way?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is pretty awesome to watch.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but no one measures it that way. Distance is measured laterally point A to point B. Could you imagine if home runs were measured that way?

Well the title of the link is just stating that the total distance traveled was around 100 yards. I am guessing most people are aware it was not thrown 100 yards down the field or he would have had to throw it at the 5 yard line.

It was just another crazy way to look at it from that persons viewpoint sitting in the stands making the video and trying to figure out how far it went including the distance up in the air.

My guess is they did this just because it was a rather long pass and was quite high in the air and you dont see a pass like that very often so why not figure just how far it actually went once since it was a crazy play

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't 60 yards. The line of scrimmage was 60 yards, Rodgers was nearly 10 yards behind that. 70 yards of throwing the ball to the end zone is not easy. I'll tell you right now Brady couldn't do that, according to the logic you use he shouldn't be in the league.
The amazing thing was that the ball was almost 60 yards high. It looked like a punt.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 61661

With that logic you could say you could run the hundred yard dash in 16 seconds so a pro should be able to do it in eight.
Nah running and throwing aren't alike at all. I would say that the average person would only be able to throw a football 20-25 yrds though and any college qb should be able to throw at least twice that. Same logic cant be applied to running.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah running and throwing aren't alike at all. I would say that the average person would only be able to throw a football 20-25 yrds though and any college qb should be able to throw at least twice that. Same logic cant be applied to running.
you missed my point entirely but that's ok.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can throw it about 50 yards with a running start. It is not a spiral at all, more like a floating duck but it went 50 yards lol. And my arm felt horrible after I did it too.

Not a football player either, but I have participated in a few turkey bowls.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell said they expected the Packers to try another lateral play, which is why they didn't put another pass rusher on the field and why Calvin Johnson wasn't back there trying to knock it down.

why would they do that with Rodgers and the receivers they have?!? Dumb play calling. Even with that play call how do you not have a defender IN FRONT of the GB receivers?