• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers amazing TD throw

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw that pass 60 yards high and close to 70 yards long to win the game. The most incredible throw I've ever seen.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He proved he has a powerful arm, but the coverage by Lions was awful and the pass rush non existent. They should have pressured the QB more and sent like people have said 4-5 guys to jump for the ball. It was the last play, no need to worry about short/ intermediate pass threat.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He proved he has a powerful arm, but the coverage by Lions was awful and the pass rush non existent. They should have pressured the QB more and sent like people have said 4-5 guys to jump for the ball. It was the last play, no need to worry about short/ intermediate pass threat.
Caldwell said they expected the Packers to try another lateral play, which is why they didn't put another pass rusher on the field and why Calvin Johnson wasn't back there trying to knock it down.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is interesting showing since the year 2000 the history of game winning plays or drives. It has 2 different charts.

These charts show since the year 2000 in games with 10 or fewer seconds left in the game how many teams were able to come from behind and win. The chart shows us it has only happened once and we saw it last night.

Another chart shows the history of what happened in games with 30 seconds left or less. They came up with 393 games and 10 teams were successful in winning the game. The chart shows the games that were won

Click the link for the charts: it is amazing how people can put this stuff together so fast.

Chart Party: Aaron Rodgers threw a Hail Mary that never, ever, ever happens

Chart Party: Aaron Rodgers threw a Hail Mary that never, ever, ever happens

A few things to note here:

1.It had been 14 years since the last time a team mounted an entire game-winning touchdown drive within 30 seconds. The rest were just set-ups for field goals.

2.None of these teams had more ground to cover than the Packers, who started at their own 21. These drives typically start with good-to-very-good field position.

3.That lateral play started with a 19-yard forward pass, followed by a 16-yard backwards pass back to Rodgers. This created the extraordinarily weird image of a quarterback who was more or less at his line of scrimmage, the furthest man backfield, and yet prohibited from throwing. Imagine a quarterback scrambling in the pocket who is not allowed to throw. Imagine how dead in the water that quarterback would be. Bless this highly nutritious microwavable face mask penalty and the people who sold it on sale.

4.Strictly from a drive-chart standpoint, I think this is the weirdest end to a game since that 2002 Chiefs-Browns game. It's occurring to me that there are probably some people who aren't familiar with that story. We'll have to talk about that some other time, because it's one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers would be the Warren Moon of Tecmo bowl.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.Strictly from a drive-chart standpoint, I think this is the weirdest end to a game since that 2002 Chiefs-Browns game. It's occurring to me that there are probably some people who aren't familiar with that story. We'll have to talk about that some other time, because it's one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.
That is the game where the dude took off his helmet Fter a blocked FG but before the end of the play, right?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a QB can't throw the ball 60 yards in the air, he shouldn't be in the league. People are overreacting to it because it's Rodgers and it just looked good in the air.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a QB can't throw the ball 60 yards in the air, he shouldn't be in the league. People are overreacting to it because it's Rodgers and it just looked good in the air.
It wasn't 60 yards. The line of scrimmage was 60 yards, Rodgers was nearly 10 yards behind that. 70 yards of throwing the ball to the end zone is not easy. I'll tell you right now Brady couldn't do that, according to the logic you use he shouldn't be in the league.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't 60 yards. The line of scrimmage was 60 yards, Rodgers was nearly 10 yards behind that. 70 yards of throwing the ball to the end zone is not easy. I'll tell you right now Brady couldn't do that, according to the logic you use he shouldn't be in the league.

I didn't say it was easy. But every NFL QB should be able to do it. I love to troll Brady, but when he had Moss, he threw some awesome deep balls to him. I don't think the Patriots have really had a deep threat WR since he left. Just think for a second. How far can you throw a ball? I don't throw too much. I'm normally a WR when I play pick up games. But I can still throw the ball around 30 yards. I'd say that's about right for an average person. So a QB should be able to double that easily.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs and Packers knew the Lions defense was stupid, I mean, susceptible to QB runs (Smith got 70+ and a TD, Rodgers got a TD and the hail mary attempt unhindered) and Rodgers knew he'd have space if he escaped to get a running start for the throw. A smarter defense, even if defending the hook and ladder would have a different pass rush to at least stop a full strength pass.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen QB competitions at Pro bowls. Anything over 65 usually won

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the game where the dude took off his helmet Fter a blocked FG but before the end of the play, right?

Yea I am not sure on that one it would be nice if he would have said more on that one