• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rob Ryan fired in Dallas

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I just missed it, or has no one posted this yet?

This blows my mind. The offense sucked donkey dick and the defense was destroyed by injuries...and we fire the fucking DC? Fire Garret from the OC duties and get one in full time, and not this O-line coach/co-OC BS taht Callahan is doing.

Wow, didn't see this coming at all.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should both go. We had injuries on D, but the play calling was horrendous. Our blitz packages constantly got picked up leaving our secondary hanging out to dry, he was unbelievably predictable and we probably led the league in 3rd and longs given up. He has the Ryan name but he's not half the defensive mind Rex or his Dad were. I do want to see Garret go as well. Bring in a guy like Lovie Smith and find somebody who can properly utilize our weapons on offense.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seems like they were addressing the wrong problem. Cowboys play-calling has been suspect, to put it kindly.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb. Cowboys lost basically everyone on defense and had people off the street starting games, and that's his fault?

He will find another job real quick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we just need the other one to go. And yeah he shouldnt of went. Jason Garrett needs to go in my opinion.

Rex should of got canned for Jets, he isnt a HC, he is a DC.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is a good head coach. He went to back to back AFC championships and his GM totally screwed him over this year.

Rob has had what 4 jobs in like 6 years? He's highly overrated. Cowboys D was ranked 19th this year. Injuries or not we had enough talent to be in the top half of the league defensively. Our blitzes were never effective enough (probably too easy to read) and we still can't create enough turnovers. We can do better than Rob Ryan.

I wish we had cleared house completely. Garrett isn't enough of a personality, can't hold players accountable and aside from his sub par play calling there have been so many mindless, costly mistakes the past few years. False starts, receivers running the wrong routes, roughing the kickers etc. We need a coach that commands respect and can hold guys accountable. We don't have that right now.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance that Ron and Rex can hop on a bus and head for the CFL so nobody ever sees them again?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is a good head coach. He went to back to back AFC championships and his GM totally screwed him over this year.

Rob has had what 4 jobs in like 6 years? He's highly overrated. Cowboys D was ranked 19th this year. Injuries or not we had enough talent to be in the top half of the league defensively. Our blitzes were never effective enough (probably too easy to read) and we still can't create enough turnovers. We can do better than Rob Ryan.

I wish we had cleared house completely. Garrett isn't enough of a personality, can't hold players accountable and aside from his sub par play calling there have been so many mindless, costly mistakes the past few years. False starts, receivers running the wrong routes, roughing the kickers etc. We need a coach that commands respect and can hold guys accountable. We don't have that right now.

I agree that Rob is good, but overrated. But Garrett should of went before Ryan.

And as far as Rex Ryan, he is NOT a head coach. He went to back-to-back AFC championships bc his defense carried em. In the years he has been with the Jets he had one offense ranked 11th when they had LT, other than that they havent been ranked in the top 20. He is a DC.
The whole Jets management is screwed up they need to start from scratch. If Rex wants to go to DC let him or fire him. He only focuses on defense, he focuses zero on offense that is not a good HC.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Rob is good, but overrated. But Garrett should of went before Ryan.

And as far as Rex Ryan, he is NOT a head coach. He went to back-to-back AFC championships bc his defense carried em. In the years he has been with the Jets he had one offense ranked 11th when they had LT, other than that they havent been ranked in the top 20. He is a DC.
The whole Jets management is screwed up they need to start from scratch. If Rex wants to go to DC let him or fire him. He only focuses on defense, he focuses zero on offense that is not a good HC.

You have to keep in mind his QB is Mark Sanchez, he barely had a number 2 receiver let a lone a number 1 and his starting HB this year was Shonn Greene. Add to that he got the Tebow debacle dumped on him and it was a pretty awful hand he wad dealt.

Back to the Cowboys though, Garrett needs to go. He is the type of puppet head coach Jerry has been hiring that are the reason we've had so much talent and done nothing with it. Him, Wade, Dave Campo, etc. I think we can all agree until he goes it will be more of the same.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to keep in mind his QB is Mark Sanchez, he barely had a number 2 receiver let a lone a number 1 and his starting HB this year was Shonn Greene. Add to that he got the Tebow debacle dumped on him and it was a pretty awful hand he wad dealt.

Back to the Cowboys though, Garrett needs to go. He is the type of puppet head coach Jerry has been hiring that are the reason we've had so much talent and done nothing with it. Him, Wade, Dave Campo, etc. I think we can all agree until he goes it will be more of the same.

I'm ok with Jason sticking around. Puppet, perhaps. but at some point you have to let your coach take his lumps and stick around. A new coach every 3 years isn't going to get you A) a good replacement or B) any success.

I just wish he would be a "walk around HC" as Jerry calls it and hire a good OC and DC.

First on my list would be a damn special teams coach though!!!

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little bummed about this............would have let him have one more shot with his actual defense on the field

losing lee was huge that kid is good

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But what about the other yrs when ge had a good RB and good weapons, like Holmes and other playmakers. And you have to question him for having Sanchez start for this long, everybody knows he is not the guy. That falls on Rex first and the GM to do something.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little bummed about this............would have let him have one more shot with his actual defense on the field

losing lee was huge that kid is good

Yup. Lost like a dozen LB'ers this year

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt be to upset if .......like was mentioned earlier.....if we maybe get lovie smith(if no one gives him a HC job)

i could get behind that trade ryan for lovie

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. Now who is Dallas going to get to drop F bombs on the sidelines all game?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good DC. Makes no sense. But like TM said he won't be unemployed for long.