• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Road woes lead to Huggs displeasure

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU was blown out on the road again yesterday. I know we have a young team, but this seems to be a thing. KSU had a great shooting performance. TT had a great shooting performance. OU had a great shooting performance. That seems like a thing to me.

Huggs was busy throwing some of his kids under the bus following the game. What Bob Huggins had to say after the loss at Oklahoma

"In all honesty, they're not the same guys," he said. "They're not the guys that were out an hour before practice. Almost every single one of them. We had a guy that didn't make the bus. That hasn't happened all year."

"We won the other day and everyone was like, why are you so down? I saw this coming," said Huggins. "....I tried to talk to them about it. They're not the same guys..... Before, when I talked, I had every eye on me. Now I don't. When (assistant coach) Larry (Harrison) talked, all eyes on him. Now they're not. That's attitude. That's how you approach, not just basketball, but life."

"I know this - the guys that we have depended on all year are not the same dudes, man. Not the same people."

Hope Huggs can get this fixed...

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long has he been the coach there? sounds like you could use a change

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be time to go ahead n bench the slow of feet guys permanently.
Huggs brought em to Morgantown to shoot but for whatever reason...They cant shoot :scratch:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long has he been the coach there? sounds like you could use a change

Huggs has a lifetime contract with WVU. He’s been back at his Alma mater since ‘07. He ain’t going until he’s ready to go.

Huggs believes in playing ball a certain way. He’s not going to change.

WVU has been able to avoid a losing streak this year. Tonight will be a tough test. WVU has a great home record against KU. The game is sold out, and obviously WVU plays better at home. Hoping they look ready to play.

BU waits for us on Saturday night. Another road game... another ESPN+ game... like tonight’s ESPN+ game...

We haven’t won a basketball game on ESPN+ yet...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs has a lifetime contract with WVU. He’s been back at his Alma mater since ‘07. He ain’t going until he’s ready to go.

Huggs believes in playing ball a certain way. He’s not going to change.

WVU has been able to avoid a losing streak this year. Tonight will be a tough test. WVU has a great home record against KU. The game is sold out, and obviously WVU plays better at home. Hoping they look ready to play.

BU waits for us on Saturday night. Another road game... another ESPN+ game... like tonight’s ESPN+ game...

We haven’t won a basketball game on ESPN+ yet...

I know you're down on Culver...but if they got any kind of consistency from the perimeter he wouldn't be forcing it...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're down on Culver...but if they got any kind of consistency from the perimeter he wouldn't be forcing it...

This is JMO... but, the offense goes through Culver. Huggins wants to feed him. He benches Jordan when he don’t feed him. Saturday night after the BU game, he said his guards were like poor QB’s. I’m guessing he means... poor QB’s who can’t hit open WR’s. Huggins feels Culver works hard to seal his defender... so he should be fed the pass.

Every team we play knows that our offense goes through Culver. He is immediately double teamed. He has trouble getting the ball out of the double teams. He leads the team in TO’s... in TO’s/gm.

There is nowhere for Culver to go with the ball in the lane because it’s clogged with OT’s man... with Haley’s man... because neither of them two can play on the perimeter.

Culver ain’t no good shooting the ball anywhere on the court. For a big, he has a terrible FG%. He is terrible from the FT line.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not Culver’s fault that he is asked to do what he ain’t so good at doing. It’s Huggins’ fault. He’s asked him to do things he ain’t good at doing.

Culver is a high energy guy who plays like a fucking spaz. If things don’t go well for him... if he ain’t getting fed the rock... he pouts. He gets lazy all over the court.

It sucks.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense sucks. We have shooters who are forced to shoot with the clock winding down because we’ve spent most of it trying to feed Culver.

Our shooters can’t step into their shots. They have to take contested shots.

But, Huggs don’t care. He wants to win by playing defense and getting ORB’s.