• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Lasorda

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Lasorda has passed.

I was always a fan. He was a great heel. He added a lot to the rivalry and he really leaned into it. He always had my utmost respect.

Rest in peace, asshole.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the genuine characters in the history of baseball. He was a great strategist and a truly funny man. He kept the clubhouse light, but he knew how to be serious when necessary.
Rest in peace, sir.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a homer. I wish the Giants had someone with that kind of character in their fold. Becoming a baseball fan at the very start of the 90s, Lasorda came to represent, to me, the epitome of the Dodgers' org. His passing just reminds me that I'm getting older.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a homer. I wish the Giants had someone with that kind of character in their fold. Becoming a baseball fan at the very start of the 90s, Lasorda came to represent, to me, the epitome of the Dodgers' org. His passing just reminds me that I'm getting older.

I loved him, hated him, and respected him.

If he had been a New York Giant back in the day we'd have a completely different theme to this thread.

Every Org needs a guy like him.

Best quote: "Because God has delayed does not mean He's denied..."

IIRC, He told this to a man who was chauffeuring him around one day after Tommy had found out he wanted to be an Air Force pilot of some sort and it hadn't happened just yet. The chauffeur goes on to say that he later became a pilot in the US Air Force.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a stud, and his memory is a blessing.

Also, phuk him, nasty azz Doyer scum.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never forget weekend dodger series at the 'stick. The visiting dugout did NOT have a tunnel leading to it, so the players and coaches had to cross the field to get to their dugout. The entire stadium would boo when Lasorda started walking across the field, and he would blow kisses to the Giants fans the whole time he was walking to his dugout. He was a hell of a character.