• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Jerry Jeff Walker

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I knew a man Bojangles and he’d dance for you...”

An absolute giant of 70’s Texas Outlaw music who didn’t move the needle - he kicked the damn needle aside. And if you never stood in an English pub with your USAF buddies in the mid-late 70’s singing “London Homesick Blues” at the top of your lungs, then I feel sorry for you.

RIP Jacky Jack

34C430DC-7467-4267-B580-8EE78A2CADFB.jpeg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An absolute giant of 70’s Texas Outlaw music who didn’t move the needle - he kicked the damn needle aside. And if you never stood in an English pub with your USAF buddies in the mid-late 70’s singing “London Homesick Blues” at the top of your lungs, then I feel sorry for you.

RIP Jacky Jack

View attachment 256619
Absolutely loved Jerry Jeff Walker. R.I.P.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RIP Jacky Jack

I didn't do that but, I did get to see him on the same bill with Kinky Friedman at a funky honky tonk bar in Wichita Falls, Tx while I was stationed at Sheppard AFB in 1975....and the Lone Star beers were flowing like crazy....lol

I hadn't heard of either until that show....but basically been a fan of both since.

It was getting pretty windy outside and there had been a tornado alert for later that night in the area and I remember one of them saying to the other on stage...."looks like we're stirrin' up some more trouble again, so we might have to cut this damn thing short"

:D

Last edited:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't do that but, I did get to see him on the same bill with Kinky Friedman at a funky honky tonk bar in Wichita Falls, Tx while I was stationed at Sheppard AFB in 1975....and the Lone Star beers were flowing like crazy....lol

I hadn't heard of either until that show....but basically been a fan of both since.

It was getting pretty windy outside and there had been a tornado alert for later that night in the area and I remember one of them saying to the other on stage...."looks like we're stirrin' up some more trouble again, so we might have to cut this damn thing short"

:D
He played in Abilene before I got to Dyess in 1977. It was apparently such such a party that Abilene wouldn’t ask him back again. Did the same thing with Willie in 1976. Abilene wasn’t the party capital of Texas. Which is why we airmen and the kids at the colleges all hung out together and partied. And the TDY’s to England... the Brits we hung with all LOVED Texas Country. And we loved their stuff.

Good times.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played in Abilene before I got to Dyess in 1977. It was apparently such such a party that Abilene wouldn’t ask him back again. Did the same thing with Willie in 1976. Abilene wasn’t the party capital of Texas. Which is why we airmen and the kids at the colleges all hung out together and partied. And the TDY’s to England... the Brits we hung with all LOVED Texas Country. And we loved their stuff.

Good times.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he related to Johnny Walker?