• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rip Christine Mcvie

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn......just seen that on the news.....sad news indeed.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she wrote most of Fleetwood Mac’s songs. A prolific songwriter. RIP.
I'm assuming that you mean the most popular incanation of the band, which was their 4th(!) main line up change.

*Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, and Jeremy Spencer wrote most of the originals for the first 5 albums with Fleetwood and John Mcvie kicking in a tune here and there. This was from '68 to '71. However a large part of their repertoire was old blues covers.
*Bob Welch and Christine Mcvie (then Christine Perfect) joined on the 6th album in '71. The sound shifted from psychedelic blues to pop-folk pop, and all members started contributing to the writing more.
*Danny Kirwin, probably the "main" songwriter at that point, left after the 7th album in '73.
*During albums 8 through 10 in '73 and '74, Christine Mcvie and Bob Welch were the main songwriters.
*Bob Welch left in '75, and we finally get to the modern pop version that most know as Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey Buckingham signed on and forced the band to also have his girlfriend Stevie Nicks join.
*Albums 10 through 17 from '75 to '03 had Christine Mcvie, Buckingham, and Nicks mostly splitting the writing credits during that time period, though Buckingham did leave and come back with Dave Mason (Traffic) filling his slot for a bit.

A weird band history. Some great songwriters in the band, and Christine was up at the top of that list.

A strange note is that the band's namesakes, Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie, probably contributed the least from a songwriting perspective percentagewise.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good recap
I'm assuming that you mean the most popular incanation of the band, which was their 4th(!) main line up change.

*Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, and Jeremy Spencer wrote most of the originals for the first 5 albums with Fleetwood and John Mcvie kicking in a tune here and there. This was from '68 to '71. However a large part of their repertoire was old blues covers.
*Bob Welch and Christine Mcvie (then Christine Perfect) joined on the 6th album in '71. The sound shifted from psychedelic blues to pop-folk pop, and all members started contributing to the writing more.
*Danny Kirwin, probably the "main" songwriter at that point, left after the 7th album in '73.
*During albums 8 through 10 in '73 and '74, Christine Mcvie and Bob Welch were the main songwriters.
*Bob Welch left in '75, and we finally get to the modern pop version that most know as Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey Buckingham signed on and forced the band to also have his girlfriend Stevie Nicks join.
*Albums 10 through 17 from '75 to '03 had Christine Mcvie, Buckingham, and Nicks mostly splitting the writing credits during that time period, though Buckingham did leave and come back with Dave Mason (Traffic) filling his slot for a bit.

A weird band history. Some great songwriters in the band, and Christine was up at the top of that list.

A strange note is that the band's namesakes, Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie, probably contributed the least from a songwriting perspective percentagewise.

It took the band 7 years to evolve into the super group we came to know. Their premier albums were those released 1975-1987 when Nicks and Buckingham joined Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Fleetwood Mac once without Lindsey Buckingham (I believe it was 1990 when he left and was “replaced” by Billy Burnette & Rick Vito) and twice without Christine McVie (early 2000’s). Thought they were really good but in all the cases left feeling like “something” was missing. In 2013, took our daughter to see the intact Mac (wife didn’t want to go). It is in my Top 5 concerts ever and my daughter’s favorite concert ever. When those 5 people were on the stage together you could just feel the tightness of their band and we both knew we were seeing something special.

79 is a damn good run. Thanks for the music, Christine