1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rickie Weeks

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Brewers' started by whywork2, Apr 19, 2014.

1. whywork2

whywork2 Archduke of Guacamole

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 382

Why is Rickie Weeks still a Milwaukee Brewer. I just don't understand how he can even be a backup. He can't hit, he can't run and he can't field. He brings nothing to the table.

2. Gtimebutler20

Gtimebutler20 New Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Pretty much have to pay him even if he goes. I am use to the crappy hitting I can deal with that but man his defense has gotten worse too.

3. navamind

navamind Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

He really feel off a cliff. Hard to believe he was once a pretty good player.

4. whywork2

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 382

He impressed me during that scuffle in the Pittsburgh where Gomez fell down and their pitcher was coming on him, he threw a pretty mean head lock on him and took him down. I am glad to helped take charge and protected his fellow players. He's even got a few hits lately but yes those defensive gaffs have been costly. I honestly want him to succeed but he just seems like he's really fighting a uphill battle.

5. Malibu

Malibu PEACE

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Weeks has been playing well lately when he has had a shot to play.

6. whywork2

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 382

Glad to see him contributing. The Brewers are going to need someone like him to step up from time to time. Happy for him.

7. Toucanbird

Toucanbird Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

If nothing else, Weeks is dramatically improving his trade value. I still like Gennett over Weeks if for defense if nothing else. However, I'll admit that Weeks is playing like a guy who feels like he's getting shafted.

8. packerzrule

packerzrule Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 7

I am glad to see Weeks play well but do not feel sorry for him for losing the starting role. Lord knows he has had plenty of chances to prove himself. We'll see if he can maintain some of this "brilliance" for more than just 4 games.

9. Malibu

Malibu PEACE

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Weeks vs lefties is better then Scooter vs lefties so Weeks will get to play and still pinch hit numerous times. I dont think it matters how good Weeks plays because I dont see any team trading for him at all considering the Brewers still would have to pay most of his salary. No team is going to take on all that salary. He is better of staying the whole year in Milwaukee plus I still dont trust Scooter quite yet.

10. whywork2

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 382

Let's just hope he keeps it up. I have always rooted for him and glad to see him playing well. I didn't think he had it in him. Ever since he took down that Pittsburgh pitcher he's came alive. He maybe just needed to get his heart rate up a little during the scuffle to bounce out of his funk.