• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rick Nash is offically being shopped!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just watching TSN, and sportsnet and thats the big news of the day, Rick Nash is being shopped. Cap hit of 7.8, thats a very very high number.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dream scenario: Briere, Carle, and a 1st. Maybe two 1sts

Problem with that is the Flyers can't afford to loose a Dman right now, with bordon and Gussty in the lineup already. Also is Nash a playoff performer, he has only played 4 games, jackets got swept that 1 year. Briere also doesn't earn his $ in the regular season, he is clutch come playoff time. Briere has a no trade and movement clause anyways, the Flyers can't even send Briere to the minors, not like they would, and he would never agree to go the Columbus either.

So to the people that want Briere gone he holds all the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only way i see us being involved is using Nash as a major part of.a 3 way trade, and the flyers wont be acquiring nash

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Problem with that is the Flyers can't afford to loose a Dman right now, with bordon and Gussty in the lineup already. Also is Nash a playoff performer, he has only played 4 games, jackets got swept that 1 year. Briere also doesn't earn his $ in the regular season, he is clutch come playoff time. Briere has a no trade and movement clause. the Flyers can't even send Briere to the minors, not like they would, just saying he can't be barried in the minors and he would never agree to go the Columbus.

I'm done with Carle. Without Pronger, he isn't any better than some anyone we can plug into his spot for the time being.

Briere is one of my favorite players. So is Nash. These two aren't even on the same level.

Nash has played his entire career on a medocre CBJ team. I want to see what he can do on a real team.

Like I said, it's a Dream scenario. Doubt Briere would even waive his NMC. He's the big dollar contract we would have to move to acquire him.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its gonna be interesting to see where Nash does go, and how much better he will be on a good team. 50 goals....

I think the Flyers are done with Carle to, they reupped Coburn and I haven't heard anything about Carle.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that I am defending Carle too much, but to claim he is worse than BOurdon and Gusty and that the team is over him seems a bit hasty. He leads the team in ice time, which means that the team values him. National articles have surfaced comparing his value and play to Ryan SUter. I don't know how many would eventually side with Carle over Suter, but the fact that the comparison is there says t=something about him. THe FLyers can't afford to trade any of their top 4 defenseman for more offense this season. I would think Carle's contract situation is directly tied to the off-season and the potential availability of Weber, and maybe Suter.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that I am defending Carle too much, but to claim he is worse than BOurdon and Gusty and that the team is over him seems a bit hasty. He leads the team in ice time, which means that the team values him. National articles have surfaced comparing his value and play to Ryan SUter. I don't know how many would eventually side with Carle over Suter, but the fact that the comparison is there says t=something about him. THe FLyers can't afford to trade any of their top 4 defenseman for more offense this season. I would think Carle's contract situation is directly tied to the off-season and the potential availability of Weber, and maybe Suter.

The reason I think the flyers might be done with Carle is because they haven't done a new contract, but I agree with you that it might be because of who they think they could get in the offseason.