• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richards Hit

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont think this hit is worth a suspension. Especially because its a game 7. Connelly put himself in a bad position and his shoulder went into the boards first. Miller and Lindy are crying to the media just to get any advantage they can over the Flyers

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pretty outraged if he got suspended for this. Everything you say is true and Buffalo is simply trying to find a way to get the upper hand for tomorrow. They are back on their heels now, just like they were for the majority of the game last night.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would be surprised if richards gets a suspension. it was a one armed push from behind, not a run, not a leaping hit, richards was looking at the puck when he made contact. if the nhl suspends richards for that and lets bickell walk for a blatent attempt to end bieksa career with a shoulder to head, leaping hit on a defenseless player, then the rules don't apply to anyone but the flyers. ‎

if bickell had not tried to kill bieksa on the same night, i would be more nervous for richards. doesn't mean the nhl won't do it. just that it would be stupid. but that has never stopped them before.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That sums it up nicely. he was guilty of a penalty. end of story.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sums it up nicely. he was guilty of a penalty. end of story.

This. It was a boneheaded play, and he deserved a penalty. Hell, this was more deserving of 5:00 than the bullshit elbow call from the other game.

That being said, was it suspension worthy? No.

BTW -- I lost all respect for Ryan Miller after those comments. Mass murder? Really? Grow up. It looks like Ruff's perpetual whining (about everything) has rubbed off on his team.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is definitely a little bitch.

I found it interesting that Kaleta was talking shit to both Briere and Hartnell during the game about their messy divorces last year. Dumb move on his part. All he did was piss them off!!!

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is definitely a little bitch.

I found it interesting that Kaleta was talking shit to both Briere and Hartnell during the game about their messy divorces last year. Dumb move on his part. All he did was piss them off!!!

Kaleta is Sean Avery, with less talent .... if that was possible.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaleta is Sean Avery, with less talent .... if that was possible.

I was reading through this and need to comment on your post:

Correct!

I really don't like Kaleta.

BTW - as someone else said if Richards deserved a major in this series, that was the time. Suspension - no.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading through this and need to comment on your post:

Correct!

I really don't like Kaleta.

BTW - as someone else said if Richards deserved a major in this series, that was the time. Suspension - no.

Thanks. I'm trying to focus my hostility only towards those deserving of it. Aside from the comments of Ruff/Miller, and Kaleta's antics -- I don't have an issue with how the series has played out. It's been a "scratch and claw" type of affair, and great playoff hockey.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that you don't go into the boards with your stick in front of you or your head down. Watch a small guy like Briere next game you'll see that he turns his shoulder into the glass/boards when he feels contact coming...keeping the puck in his skates so he can turn with it. Believe me if he didn't protect himself and the puck in this fashion he'd be an ineffective player and or crippled by now. Connolly obviously has no clue if he continues to play this way especially after multiple concussions. This is why ruff is an idiot he's played hockey and should know this by now.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bitch. And to think he was a national hero a year ago.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Richards did NOTHING WRONG on that play! 2 minutes tops!

I bet if ya check the ref's are wearing Scruffalo thongs!

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lavi will have the Flyers ready and Bouch will have to be on his very best to advance to the second round so............Lets Go Flyers!

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is the one that Ryan Miller wears...

129065415v8_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we try not to look like blind homers here on SportsHoopla.. that makes you look like a blind homer

that was definitely a nasty hit.. definitely deserved at least 2, i was kind of surprised it wasn't 5, and i'll be honest i'm kind of surprised it wasn't a suspension

connolly could've prevented it by not skating headfirst towards the boards and having his head up.. but richards really didnt need to push him at all