• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman: Big baby or misunderstood?

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been this way......creates 'slights' to motivate himself. It's almost like fake outrage. I don't care for it....

He is so much more tame than he used to be though... he was borderline psychotic in his early days... I hated him so much.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always think he was misunderstood. Football like any sport is intense and you got to get yourself.

A example when I used to play special Olympics floor hockey. Before we scrimmaged, I used to pace around by myself to get me psyched. I use it in tournament play in Curling as well.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to back him those days. Still do now because I can relate.

Its been pretty weird adjusting to him on the team... I still do a second take from time to time... its a trip.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so much more tame than he used to be though... he was borderline psychotic in his early days... I hated him so much.
I think he was so quiet last year because the 9ers only won like 4 games all year, this year the 9ers look primed to be good, so I think we will Sherman return to form

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if Baker shakes his hand...he lets Baker win the game? lol
Maybe not that but feeling like he got snubbed after might have been motivation. Him saying anything after was the problem.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones. Blows my mind. … Some people overthink it. That’s where people go wrong. They forget you’ve gotta win.”

-Baxter Mayfield.

Yep.... douche.

You mean Baker Mayday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones. Blows my mind. … Some people overthink it. That’s where people go wrong. They forget you’ve gotta win.”

-Baxter Mayfield.

Yep.... douche.

I think Baker is a douche, but CLEARLY Sherman is either lying or has a horrific memory. There's video of Baker shaking his hand as is usual during the coin toss meeting. The whole thing is just odd.

I have honestly thought for a long time that Sherman has some sort of personality "issue". I can't go so far as to call it a "disorder" but I don't think I have ever seen a guy just "create his own chaos" like Sherman does. It's like he cannot function without conflict. If he can't find a slight issue to blow up in his head; he will outright manufacture it. Even before this story came out - I'm sitting around last night watching his post-game presser. Just being outright confrontational with the media... AFTER A WIN. BERATING them for predicting them to be anything less than great.

It's like... dude. Your team has perennially been in the bottom of the league for YEARS now. This isn't some harrowing tale of disrespect. You guys are good. Be happy. Holy shit bro.

I've known and worked with people like this. People who are utterly incapable of being happy or are "addicted" to conflict. They are EXHAUSTING human beings and they suck the energy out of the room like a giant vacuum.

It was such a nice break last year having him be irrelevant on a bad Niners team. Now we get the luxury of having these stories every other week again. Oh, joy...

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Sherman and the Seahawks tried to sell that story about harbaugh driving circles in his truck around their team bus and honking his horn and waiving after the 9ers beat the hawks?

That was a funny fabricated story.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baker is a douche, but CLEARLY Sherman is either lying or has a horrific memory. There's video of Baker shaking his hand as is usual during the coin toss meeting. The whole thing is just odd.

I have honestly thought for a long time that Sherman has some sort of personality "issue". I can't go so far as to call it a "disorder" but I don't think I have ever seen a guy just "create his own chaos" like Sherman does. It's like he cannot function without conflict. If he can't find a slight issue to blow up in his head; he will outright manufacture it. Even before this story came out - I'm sitting around last night watching his post-game presser. Just being outright confrontational with the media... AFTER A WIN. BERATING them for predicting them to be anything less than great.

It's like... dude. Your team has perennially been in the bottom of the league for YEARS now. This isn't some harrowing tale of disrespect. You guys are good. Be happy. Holy shit bro.

I've known and worked with people like this. People who are utterly incapable of being happy or are "addicted" to conflict. They are EXHAUSTING human beings and they suck the energy out of the room like a giant vacuum.

It was such a nice break last year having him be irrelevant on a bad Niners team. Now we get the luxury of having these stories every other week again. Oh, joy...

no video shows them shaking hands, I have watched them all. And even so, Sherman was talking about AFTER the coin toss when its customary to shake hands. Its more about veteran players feeling like a younger player is ignoring the rules of decorum.... although coming from sherman of all people... it is a bit much .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman hasn't been good since 2013 and even then he was a one dimensional pissant that was protected by his far more talented teammates and Pete's scheme.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no video shows them shaking hands, I have watched them all. And even so, Sherman was talking about AFTER the coin toss when its customary to shake hands. Its more about veteran players feeling like a younger player is ignoring the rules of decorum.... although coming from sherman of all people... it is a bit much .

I just watched PTI where they showed them shaking up from multiple different angles. Here.

Richard Sherman backtracks after video footage proves Baker Mayfield shook hands with 49ers

FWIW, he wasn't talking about "after". You can see in the article that he outright says "beginning"... It's only in his horrible backtrack when he tries to say "uh.. uh... I meant after."

He Jussie'd this thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman hasn't been good since 2013 and even then he was a one dimensional pissant that was protected by his far more talented teammates and Pete's scheme.

I'm fairly certain he was good during their SB run in 2014.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with lying sack of shit.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched PTI where they showed them shaking up from multiple different angles. Here.

Richard Sherman backtracks after video footage proves Baker Mayfield shook hands with 49ers

FWIW, he wasn't talking about "after". You can see in the article that he outright says "beginning"... It's only in his horrible backtrack when he tries to say "uh.. uh... I meant after."

He Jussie'd this thing.

I just watched the video's again in your link... still can't see an obvious handshake, even if sherman wasnt' talking about that.... and was talking about the customary handshake after the coin toss.

Also, further questioning that article... where is the "sherman backtrack"?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, that's the act he thinks he needs to put on to produce. You might not like it but it's hard to argue with the results.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the video's again in your link... still can't see an obvious handshake, even if sherman wasnt' talking about that.... and was talking about the customary handshake after the coin toss.

Also, further questioning that article... where is the "sherman backtrack"?
where's that bullshit rating when you need one?

The guy lied. As soon as the video came out, he deleted all of his tweets about it and has been backpedaling like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk ever since. Blames everyone else for "making a big deal about it."

Hey, moron, you're the one who brought it up. You did it to draw attention to yourself. Sorry it backfired.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman was very good back in those L.O.B. days and could take away that side of the field but you are right Rex about the other players. To me, it was the safeties that made the L.O.B. so dominant. And Sherman's ability as a true shut down corner diminished after 2014, imo. He is definitely an asshole and a whiny bitch regardless and always was.