• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman at 50??? Seriously?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just blows me away.

I think that there is no doubt that Richard Sherman is the best CB in the NFL. Even if he didn't have the 8 interceptions he would still be the best because of how outstanding his coverage skills are.

But the best CB in the NFL being ranked #50? Doesn't make sense to me.

How the hell does Cam Newton get ranked higher? I'd take Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick over Cam Newton any day.

Darrell Revis was ranked #5 in 2012. IMO Richard Sherman's coverage in 2012 was as good, if not better than Revis's in 2011, and that's not even taking into account the fact that Sherman had twice as many INTs as Revis did that year.

Revis was also ranked #8 in the 2011 list. Seriously I don't understand how Revis gets so much love when Sherman clearly had a better season.

There is no doubt Sherman should have been in the top 10.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a New York player counts for a lot with the media, that's all I got to say about Revis.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a New York player counts for a lot with the media, that's all I got to say about Revis.

Completely true. I just find it mind blowing that Sherman is at #50. He was clearly one of the more dominant players at any position last year. I had been saying all off-season that Sherman was going to have a huge year and that he didn't get enough credit. Now that he had the huge year, he still doesn't get the credit.

What does he have to do? Seriously. He had a massive amount of interceptions and was dominant in coverage.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but believe that it has more to do with his vocalization both on and off the field.

The dude makes enemies, gets smacked after games, is a media whore,...

I loves me some Sherm, don't get me wrong. But with the type of "popularity" that Sherman enjoys, the fact that he made the list at all is a testament to his undeniable skill.

Besides, since when did Seattle get anything other than Rodney Dangerfield level respect? I personally would want it no other way. "We a bunch of Nobodies, but we a bunch of Nobodies you ain't gonna throw the ball on."

Last edited by a moderator:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherm is good, but not quite as good as Revis was. You can't count interceptions because I think QBs did not throw his way as often. Not sure where to find that stat though. I could be wrong though. I just recall anytime the Jets played, it was basically 10 v 10 when they were on defense.

I do like Sherman alot and think he is a great CB and certainly deserves to be higher than 50. Probably top 20.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely true. I just find it mind blowing that Sherman is at #50. He was clearly one of the more dominant players at any position last year. I had been saying all off-season that Sherman was going to have a huge year and that he didn't get enough credit. Now that he had the huge year, he still doesn't get the credit.

What does he have to do? Seriously. He had a massive amount of interceptions and was dominant in coverage.

The national media doesn't like vocal players from remote locations. They want all the big mouths to come from large markets. When a big mouth comes from a remote market, they get confused.

I wouldn't worry about where Sherman is ranked. I'd worry about his contract status and whether or not Seattle can hang on to him. If Sherman loves the spotlight as much as we think he does, then he probably has aspirations of playing in a market that is as big as his need for attention (NY, LA, Chicago, etc).

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The national media doesn't like vocal players from remote locations. They want all the big mouths to come from large markets. When a big mouth comes from a remote market, they get confused.

I wouldn't worry about where Sherman is ranked. I'd worry about his contract status and whether or not Seattle can hang on to him. If Sherman loves the spotlight as much as we think he does, then he probably has aspirations of playing in a market that is as big as his need for attention (NY, LA, Chicago, etc).

The players voted the list though.

It just comes down to him running his mouth during games and in the media hurts his popularity among his peers since he's likely pissed half of them off.

I doubt he was ranked really high on Trent Williams list as an example.......

The players can be strange when it comes to voting. I mean I thought Aldon Smith not being on the list was a huge snub last year especially considering Von Miller made the list.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounded really, really gay. Please take the Seahawk icon off of your user profile and replace it with a 49ers icon.

:wtf2:

No it did not "sound gay", it really, really did not.
If I were to ever sound gay, I would still not care.
I got no problem with it.
I don't need bikini girls in my icon to convince me of who I am.

You my friend seem to find what you want, and here you seem to want to find gay. Interesting.
Homophobia and fixation often is an indication of deeper issues.
Love who you are man, relinquish the shame.

Consider that Homophobia and Racism are Bed Buddies (double entendre' intended), so while you are at it, why don't you call me a nig*er too.

Evolve man.

Last edited by a moderator:

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You my friend seem to find what you want, and here you seem to want to find gay. Interesting.

Consider that Homophobia and Racism are Bed Buddies (double entendre' intended), so while you are at it, why don't you call me a nig*er too.

Evolve man.

fish on

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evolve man.

I'm am very open and public of my dislike for cauliflower. Does this mean that I am really afraid of it, which, in turn, means I really harbor a secret desire to have sex with it? Cauliflowerphobia, that's my affliction. How will I ever live with myself?

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players voted the list though.

The players are by influenced by media hype as much, if not more, than fans are. When it comes to player's choice awards, athletes of team sports continuously make ridiculous choices. We've seen it over and over again in baseball so why not football as well?

You are a 9er fan. You have an inbred obligation to discredit Sherman, so I'll give you a pass. But that doesn't excuse everyone else who overlooks Sherman's skill set because they can't get past his loud mouth.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman also hasn't been at a high level for long enough. I've said the same thing about the worry over opinion of Wilson. Just go take care of business and win games and the praise will follow. The Seahawks haven't done anything worthy of national praise yet and their young players haven't either done it on the national stage (NFC CG / SB) nor long enough to get worked up over perceived slights by national sources.

If Seattle goes and wins the SB Wilson, Sherman, and whoever else is key to that run will get national attention. Get close and come up short and it happens again.

His mouth does probably hurt some of his stock, but mostly because his team hasn't done enough for him to get credit for walking the walk as well as talking the talk. Make sense? T.O.'s peers still thought he was the best in the game. Sherman needs to prove it and the players will believe it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman also hasn't been at a high level for long enough. I've said the same thing about the worry over opinion of Wilson. Just go take care of business and win games and the praise will follow. The Seahawks haven't done anything worthy of national praise yet and their young players haven't either done it on the national stage (NFC CG / SB) nor long enough to get worked up over perceived slights by national sources.

If Seattle goes and wins the SB Wilson, Sherman, and whoever else is key to that run will get national attention. Get close and come up short and it happens again.

His mouth does probably hurt some of his stock, but mostly because his team hasn't done enough for him to get credit for walking the walk as well as talking the talk. Make sense? T.O.'s peers still thought he was the best in the game. Sherman needs to prove it and the players will believe it.

I actually disagree. I felt like Sherman played at a high enough level his rookie year to make the top 100.

All of the coverage stats showed that even in his rookie year Sherman was among the top CBs in catches/yards allowed, which is why I was so enthusiastic about him going into last season.

Sherman obviously improved upon his rookie season but IMO Sherman played well enough in his rookie season to deserve a Pro-Bowl nod. I was surprised Browner got the nod over him that year. Main difference from his sophomore year and his rookie year is that he had more turnovers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play well and he has done so for two years, but his trash talking and maybe more importantly his PED case hurt him. He may have gotten off on that PED charge, but most of the league feels he was guilty and got off on a technicality.

So the question is, had he not come up dirty on his PED test does he score a lower spot on that list? You bet.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undeniably the PED thing worked against him.
Oh F- oh well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why these idiots have to stop putting such a bad mark on this team with all these dirty UA's. Sherman probably deserves more props, but he brought it on himself. Isn't as much value when you think someone cheated to get there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Adderall for Christ sake. There are better pre workout supps you can buy that over the counter.

A personal favorite of mine:

USP-16307-0.jpg

This shit makes Adderall look like a children's vitamin

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Adderall without a doctor's prescription and subsequent league approval is still against the rules, though, so it doesn't really matter how effective it is as a PED. Besides, as others have noted quite a few times, Adderall could simply be the "go-to" drug that the players are giving as reasons for the positive tests because it doesn't have the sort of stigma attached to it that the generic term "steroids" has attached to it or that HGH has attached to it. If you were taking something that you knew the public would get all over you for if they found out, but you knew that the league couldn't release that information without your permission, wouldn't you cop to taking something that was still banned by the league without a prescription and league approval, but that you knew didn't have the same stigma attached to it as more well-known PEDs do?

As far as these positive drug tests and the resulting suspensions are concerned, the drug the players say they're testing positive for might not be much help when compared to other drugs that do the same thing, but what the fans care about is that it still results in a suspension and to have so many suspensions over the last few years has given the Seahawks the wrong kind of national notoriety. A Flintstone's chewable could have been on the list of banned substances and while it doesn't seem like it would give any player any kind of edge whatsoever, taking it would still result in a suspension, which puts a black mark on the team.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Like dude said it was Sherman who said it was Adderall not confirmed that's what he tested positive for.

Think of what would happened if it was confirmed to be steroids or HGH. It would completely ruin this image of how great he that he's trying to create and make him look like a complete fool in everyone's eyes.

If anyone was to lie about what they took it would be Sherman since he has so much at stake.

Of course that's not to say it wasn't Adderall but I have a tough time when a player throws that excuse out there. Irvin has been the only one that seems believable since he does have a prescription for it.