• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rich Scangarello Fired

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Average Broncos yahoo.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attaching stats to a coach as an indication of their skill set is a precarious approach. We all know that the coach's effectiveness is directly attached to the talent that he's given. In this case, the Broncos have a young offensive core that has tremendous upside. I prefer to think that Shurmur is inheriting a golden opportunity to make an indelible mark in the NFL over the next few seasons. Who is Bill Walsh without Joe Montana? Who is Belichick without Brady? You get the idea.

I'm looking for an OC that develops and teaches good players to be great and I think Shurmur has that opportunity in Denver. I don't think the Broncos standards are going to revert to "average". They're always looking to be the best and they currently believe Shurmur could help them get there. I have my usual off- season optimistic hat on.

Go Broncos!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now TC McCartney is gone. Vic has cut off Elway's balls.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have a different standard see I thought we were going for our old Standard of a Ferrari one of the best Running games in the league.

Well crap, I am weird those Standards just don't cut it with me too well ... I like a Running/passing game from hell .

We surely need to get rid of our OL coach since we want 16th best in every category.

We no longer want to be the best !?!?Hmmmm

Great idea, let's go street free agents on Defense so we can be the best on offense. The best offense in the league almost always wins the Super Bowl. Oh wait....

Do I want to be middle of the pack for the next decade on Offense? No. But in 2020 if we can be between 14th and 18th on Offense that is going continue to move the needle in a positive direction. Top 10 Offense and top 10 Defense is what I am aiming for. With that kind of production we should be a Super Bowl threat each year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw somewhere that this was an expected change coming for a Shula to come in to be the new QB Coach.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shula was who I saw rumored to be our next QB Coach.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have a different standard see I thought we were going for our old Standard of a Ferrari one of the best Running games in the league.

Well crap, I am weird those Standards just don't cut it with me too well ... I like a Running/passing game from hell .

We surely need to get rid of our OL coach since we want 16th best in every category.

We no longer want to be the best !?!?Hmmmm

We need to focus on not being the worst before we focus on trying to be the best. Plus it’s a lot easier to become a top 10 top 5 unit when you’re sitting at 16 and not 30th.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to focus on not being the worst before we focus on trying to be the best. Plus it’s a lot easier to become a top 10 top 5 unit when you’re sitting at 16 and not 30th.

:dhd: this is what we have become:mad2:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea, let's go street free agents on Defense so we can be the best on offense. The best offense in the league almost always wins the Super Bowl. Oh wait....

Do I want to be middle of the pack for the next decade on Offense? No. But in 2020 if we can be between 14th and 18th on Offense that is going continue to move the needle in a positive direction. Top 10 Offense and top 10 Defense is what I am aiming for. With that kind of production we should be a Super Bowl threat each year.

This guy is terrible. His Running game is terrible. His passing game is old as the hills. His running game from what I see is suckering other teams in not knowing it is coming in other words gimmick running. this hire blows!

He is a good game caller. that is it. damn we are now the KC chiefs of the 95 to 03 damn that hurts

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is terrible. His Running game is terrible. His passing game is old as the hills. His running game from what I see is suckering other teams in not knowing it is coming in other words gimmick running. this hire blows!

He is a good game caller. that is it. damn we are now the KC chiefs of the 95 to 03 damn that hurts

Yep. Too much film of him with Denver players to deny the facts. We're screwed.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the fascination with Elway's balls? And how are his balls gone, if the guy who was fired was fired by the guy he hired?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fascination with Elway's balls? And how are his balls gone, if the guy who was fired was fired by the guy he hired?

We might ask - why are you so Testee?

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might ask - why are you so Testee?

Might Mingo? Mingo might never ask me, the man who posted about hiring the guy who fired the guy hired by the guy he hired, but maybe Mingo might...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might Mingo? Mingo might never ask me, the man who posted about hiring the guy who fired the guy hired by the guy he hired, but maybe Mingo might...

Well - I am the mighty Mingo.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the run game isn’t broken even as bad as the offense was. It’s been a lone bright spot until Lock emerged. I don’t see this 2020 unit coming out and looking like the Chiefs offense, but maybe if they can get back to a point where breaking 20 on the scoreboard wasn’t a rarity that would be a huge step forward.

they already have a top 10 defense. Personnel changes notwithstanding I am confident that ranking will hold and maybe even improve with improvements on the offense. A more effective offense means less time playing for the defense and maybe less attention late in the season.

the Broncos were 28th in scoring but over the final 5 weeks scored a little over 22 PPG. If they had held that level through the whole season they go from 28th to 18th. A jump of 10 spots is significant. If they can manage 23 PPG in 2020, opposite this defense, this will be a good team.

I’ve already seen a couple analysts allude to it: the Broncos are a likely playoff team in 2020. I don’t predict records until the schedule is out but I think this team can go 11-5 next year based on who’s on the slate and some of their problems.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the run game isn’t broken even as bad as the offense was. It’s been a lone bright spot until Lock emerged. I don’t see this 2020 unit coming out and looking like the Chiefs offense, but maybe if they can get back to a point where breaking 20 on the scoreboard wasn’t a rarity that would be a huge step forward.

they already have a top 10 defense. Personnel changes notwithstanding I am confident that ranking will hold and maybe even improve with improvements on the offense. A more effective offense means less time playing for the defense and maybe less attention late in the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have forgotten Scangarello's appreciation thread! And, I guess that about sums things up. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's fire Scrangarello again -just for the pure bloody fun of it.