• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revisited: Weddings during football season

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my youngest son recently became engaged to a beautiful young lady who thinks I'm just adorable. I am very happy for them.
Found out the other day that she wants the wedding on September 7th. A Saturday during football season.

Terrible, right? Hang on, it gets worse.

Today I get a message from my sister asking if I would officiate her wedding. Of course, I'm honored. I say as much.
GREAT! She's so thankful. I ask what the date will be.
September 21.

FML

I've always been adamant about missing a wedding scheduled during a game day. I've skipped two so far. I made an exception this season when my nephew schedule his on a bye week, but a make up game was scheduled after all the arrangements were made.

FML.....
Fuck fuck fuckity fucking fuck.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that those are usually garbage games. Whenever it happens to me it’s always like Michigan vs Wisconsin or penn state or MSU. All I’ve missed in the past 6-7 years because of that.

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have my own rule about that. No weddings during football season. Period.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing, if you have a wedding during football season you really don’t want me there or my entire family for that matter.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is she doing it to make a point? I ask because I’ve seen it happen. Not a good sign if the answer is yes, you would probably be thanked later if you shut that shit down.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is she doing it to make a point? I ask because I’ve seen it happen. Not a good sign if the answer is yes, you would probably be thanked later if you shut that shit down.
My sister said they picked the date so that they could use the song September by Earth Wind & Fire as their wedding song.

Sons fiance said she doesn't want it to be about football.

:L

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister said they picked the date so that they could use the song September by Earth Wind & Fire as their wedding song.

Well you will be accused of being racist if you go against Earth Wind and Fire. :). I feel for you, you know you are going to your sons wedding. She sounds like a good kid too, spend the rest of your life giving her living hell about it. I mean every time you see her, you can’t let up, ever.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my youngest son recently became engaged to a beautiful young lady who thinks I'm just adorable. I am very happy for them.
Found out the other day that she wants the wedding on September 7th. A Saturday during football season.

Terrible, right? Hang on, it gets worse.

Today I get a message from my sister asking if I would officiate her wedding. Of course, I'm honored. I say as much.
GREAT! She's so thankful. I ask what the date will be.
September 21.

FML

I've always been adamant about missing a wedding scheduled during a game day. I've skipped two so far. I made an exception this season when my nephew schedule his on a bye week, but a make up game was scheduled after all the arrangements were made.

FML.....
2019 Nebraska Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to say you did a poor job raising your son, but...

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Weddings are a waste of time IMO. so, I only go to family weddings if geographically convenient. That being said, not going to a family wedding because it is in football season is a life mistake.

I have two wonderful nieces who are football fans themselves, and they both decided to get married during football season. I went to both weddings and had a nice time. Who cares if you miss a game or too.

Family is more important than Football.

basement bias

FlyingWolver9er
Pleasant Mills/Rivare(Bobo) IN/Willshire/Wren OH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to say you did a poor job raising your son, but...

Yeah I didn't want to say it either. I mean if they're getting married during football, the venue should be a tailgate outside the stadium. Not very considerate at all.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure they let you play that song all year long.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say anything about it I hear "There will be other games, you're being selfish."

Im 55 years old. The number of game days I have left are limited. Assuming a 14 game season, there are 38 other Saturdays you can get married on, in one year alone. These chicks don't seem to understand.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your sister’s reasoning is one of the lamest reasons I’ve ever heard.

I’m confused about your soon-to-be daughter-in-law’s reasoning? Don’t want it to be about football? Have it in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, or even August.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July is an excellent month.
^ this

Sit the couple down and explain how their marriage is doomed if they go through with this nonsense.
Not ONLY does it curse the actual day of the wedding but it also damages all anniversaries going forward.

Bad bad bad , horrible move! Cant emphasize it enough. There is a REASON that half of all marriages end up in divorce and THIS is that reason and YES it WILL happen to them so, if you REALLY love them, dont allow this to happen.