• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Retirement Home

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have become a Retirement Home for men under 35.

Wow you hate to see all these dudes rolling out. Who is gonna replace them?

49ers brass got some work to do.

Scary stuff for the suits in the Commish office. scary stuff period.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Only scary if you think of these players as STILL playing at their prime levels. Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and Anthony Davis were all banged up and concussed. All three wouldn't have played this season at their past high levels. It even appears Willis and Davis might not have even played much?

So this only leaves Borland who retired and WAS a big loss.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Patrick Willis Justin Smith Chris Borland. Did I miss anyone? The way Chris Borland played he was bound to get seriously injured.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only scary if you think of these players as STILL playing at their prime levels. Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and Anthony Davis were all banged up and concussed. All three wouldn't have played this season at their past high levels. It even appears Willis and Davis might not have even played much?

So this only leaves Borland who retired and WAS a big loss.

Davis could come back as early as next year assuming team needs or wants him back by that point. Smith has been contemplating retirement for the past few years and Willis didn't feel good after surgery,

Funny thing is on one of the 49er pages under the comments section, someone posting under the name Walsh claimed these retirements and players leaving would not happened under Bill Walsh. Clearly this poster does not know how Walsh operated. If Bill Walsh was coach today, Both Gore and Justin Smith would have probably been let go or traded before this past year. And one of the tight ends, John Frank, retired during the prime of his career to pursue a career as a doctor.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

J. Smith will be replaced by some combination of Arik Armstead, Quentin Dial, and Tank Carradine.

Borland wouldn't have been a starter regardless if Bowman and Willis were both playing. I'm thinking Skov could be his replacement.

Wilhoite replaces Willis. That's a drop-off, certainly, but Wilhoite was competent last year.

The replacement for Davis is TBD. In theory, Marcus Martin or Brandon Thomas "replaces" him, but that might be by shoring up RG so Boone can slide outside.

It's not great to lose some of these guys, but it's not a total disaster, either. It's an opportunity to get younger and see what our recent draft picks have.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Smith will be replaced by some combination of Arik Armstead, Quentin Dial, and Tank Carradine.

Borland wouldn't have been a starter regardless if Bowman and Willis were both playing. I'm thinking Skov could be his replacement.

Wilhoite replaces Willis. That's a drop-off, certainly, but Wilhoite was competent last year.

The replacement for Davis is TBD. In theory, Marcus Martin or Brandon Thomas "replaces" him, but that might be by shoring up RG so Boone can slide outside.

It's not great to lose some of these guys, but it's not a total disaster, either. It's an opportunity to get younger and see what our recent draft picks have.

I understand you. It's cool..just worried about what the future holds for the game of football. Scary times with everyone questioning this concussion discussion. I am sure the league office is also looking close at guys opting out at kind of young ages. You wonder where the game is headed in the next 15 to 30 years. The NFL was flat wrong holding all the info from the players and you wonder what the result of all will be . The NFL needs to find more ways to protect the players and develop better gear to protect them better Still too many questions out there that need to be answered truthfully . I think everyone is looking for the answer.