• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Lamar Jackson killing it at OTA's

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May 25

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/LamarJackson_face.jpg

LamarJackson_face.jpg
Lamar Jackson, QB, Ravens
image: http://walterfootball.com/images/down.jpg

down.jpg

Lamar Jackson has been struggling at OTAs, with many of his passes wobbling through the air, per an ESPN report. Jackson reminds me of Vince Young, who began his year on a high note, making the Pro Bowl as a rookie, before flaming out. Jackson has great talent, but he has other limitations that could prevent him from developing as a passer.

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2019 Fantasy Football - Training Camp Fantasy Stock

Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2019 Fantasy Football - Training Camp Fantasy Stock

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May 25

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/LamarJackson_face.jpg

LamarJackson_face.jpg
Lamar Jackson, QB, Ravens
image: http://walterfootball.com/images/down.jpg

down.jpg

Lamar Jackson has been struggling at OTAs, with many of his passes wobbling through the air, per an ESPN report. Jackson reminds me of Vince Young, who began his year on a high note, making the Pro Bowl as a rookie, before flaming out. Jackson has great talent, but he has other limitations that could prevent him from developing as a passer.

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2019 Fantasy Football - Training Camp Fantasy Stock

Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2019 Fantasy Football - Training Camp Fantasy Stock

Usually running QB's don't have long careers. 147 rushes (16 games/7 starts). Don't know the % of the runs when he was & wasn't the starter. Don't care to look it up. But if he averages anywhere near 9 rushes a game in year 2 he's gonna get injured quick.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get the Ravens letting so many key D pieces go this off-season. When you know your offense is going to have s ceiling based on your QB you can't afford to have defensive question marks . Even if Jackson is the best possible version of himself it's not enough without a top 5ish D

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually running QB's don't have long careers. 147 rushes (16 games/7 starts). Don't know the % of the runs when he was & wasn't the starter. Don't care to look it up. But if he averages anywhere near 9 rushes a game in year 2 he's gonna get injured quick.
but but but everyone said his passing would get better. Guys get more accurate once they get in the nfl, see josh allen. vince young, kyle boller, jamarcus russell, i can go on

Reactions: gob

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTA's don't mean much....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but but everyone said his passing would get better. Guys get more accurate once they get in the nfl, see josh allen. vince young, kyle boller, jamarcus russell, i can go on

I'm not convinced he's a franchise type QB. Defenses now have some film on him. It wouldn't surprise me if he struggles his 1st full year as a starter.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced he's a franchise type QB. Defenses now have some film on him. It wouldn't surprise me if he struggles his 1st full year as a starter.
its just OTA's, they dont matter how well a guy can pass

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but everything I've seen in life tells me that RG3 should be the starting QB.

If Lamar Jackson does what he did last year then its his last year in the NFL as a starting level QB. You can't keep taking hit in the NFL and survive.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but everything I've seen in life tells me that RG3 should be the starting QB.

If Lamar Jackson does what he did last year then its his last year in the NFL. You can't keep taking hit in the NFL and survive.
yes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How crazy would it be if RG3 became the starter and revived his career? Just thinking about it probably caused him injury...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this is suppose to be when people shine. All glowing reports of so so player looking great in camp

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took away his running ability you could substitute the name Flacco for Jackson and no one would be the wiser. I think this was the same article for the past 11 years. Copy and paste:D

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson will have some big games this season (probably against the Bengals) and some really awful games this season (much like the SD playoff loss). Passers that struggle with accuracy are often inconsistent like that. He's a heck of a playmaker and I think he'll have his moments, but I'm not sold on him as a franchise guy yet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson will have some big games this season (probably against the Bengals) and some really awful games this season (much like the SD playoff loss). Passers that struggle with accuracy are often inconsistent like that. He's a heck of a playmaker and I think he'll have his moments, but I'm not sold on him as a franchise guy yet.
Playmaker with his legs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get the Ravens letting so many key D pieces go this off-season. When you know your offense is going to have s ceiling based on your QB you can't afford to have defensive question marks . Even if Jackson is the best possible version of himself it's not enough without a top 5ish D

LB...considering the contract he got...I get it, far too much money for an off the ball LB.

Suggs, agree here, heart and soul of the D, but it was just time.

S...I think they upgraded.

It does make sense to put the best DEF you can around a developing QB to keep you in games, but they were getting old at multiple positions...Jimmy Smith may not make the squad.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess quite a few of us have been saying this since he declared...he's just not very big and not a good arm. He's gonna get broken in half one Sunday unless he learns how to throw from the pocket

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RW has survived in this league largely because he does understand he can make some plays running, but his #1 job is to get the ball to the playmakers...just like a pocket passer.

It's well proven at this level that a run 1st QB has a ceiling...maybe 2-3 yrs at best. He's a better passer than he's shown at this level, but when under pressure you resort to what you know best as a rookie...he's fast enough where he's going to continue to make some some plays, some 1st downs running, but he's going to start taking more hits, and eventually missing games...we've seen this movie before.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW has survived in this league largely because he does understand he can make some plays running, but his #1 job is to get the ball to the playmakers...just like a pocket passer.

It's well proven at this level that a run 1st QB has a ceiling...maybe 2-3 yrs at best. He's a better passer than he's shown at this level, but when under pressure you resort to what you know best as a rookie...he's fast enough where he's going to continue to make some some plays, some 1st downs running, but he's going to start taking more hits, and eventually missing games...we've seen this movie before.
57% completion in college career, against subpar competition. Is he a better passer?