• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Alshon Jeffery may miss first six games on PUP

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same guy, Ian Rappaport, who said Wentz was going on PUP to start camp, so take it with a grain of salt.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good news :(

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a lot more 2 TE sets (if Alshon indeed missed time which is not certain yet). Mack Hollins may break out though; size, speed and great work ethic.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legitimacy of such reports aside.....has there ever been a less pressured time in the history of this organization than now?

When guys are fully checked off you play them of course. But, short of that, Alshon is ours for a few years now. Just like Wentz, he is part of the future. I am fine with seeing guys with years of cap numbers on them being held up until it’s certain they are rehabbed.

While nothing would thrill more than coming out this year and hanging something like 13-3 again it would look like the ultimate in foolhearty in hindsight to have a major player reinjure and miss more time or fuck up their career.

Besides....last year showed depth and guys that can step up. We have starting caliber backup at QB for certain. And if Wallace can stay healthy a start to the year with Wallace, Aggy and Mack would not be the worse thing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the organization is unlikely to be feeling pressure to win now, and thus may want to take it easy on star players under contract who are coming back from injury.

That said, the Eagles also seem to have a legitimate shot to repeat. So the organization may want to push to win at least most of its games early on, to ensure another playoff push.

Everyone keeps talking about the improved depth on the team, including at receiver, and I think there is some truth to it. But I read this morning that Mack Hollins has been somewhat unimpressive in camp, and hasn't really pushed for a bigger role. I could see a guy like Kamar Aiken actually starting outside over Hollins if Jeffery can't go.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually sounds like the Eagles would go with Markus Wheaton as the primary backup to Alshon. They have Mack Hollins as the backup "Z" which is Mike Wallace's spot.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually sounds like the Eagles would go with Markus Wheaton as the primary backup to Alshon. They have Mack Hollins as the backup "Z" which is Mike Wallace's spot.

oh.....well...shit

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douggie P came out and said that he doesn't know where the talk of Alshon missing the first 6 games came from, but it is not accurate. He said that he feels good about where Alshon is currently at.

*** He did not say that it won't happen either, but it sounds like some more fake news just like the news that Goedert broke his arm several days ago. Maybe he sits out one or 2 games, but the "sitting out first 6 games" thing did not come from the Eagles.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody needed clicks...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody needed clicks...

Exactly. Not going to go so far as to call it fake news.

But we know at this point which guys throw shit at the wall and count what sticks. The source of this one certainly qualifies for that.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the organization is unlikely to be feeling pressure to win now, and thus may want to take it easy on star players under contract who are coming back from injury.

That said, the Eagles also seem to have a legitimate shot to repeat. So the organization may want to push to win at least most of its games early on, to ensure another playoff push.

Everyone keeps talking about the improved depth on the team, including at receiver, and I think there is some truth to it. But I read this morning that Mack Hollins has been somewhat unimpressive in camp, and hasn't really pushed for a bigger role. I could see a guy like Kamar Aiken actually starting outside over Hollins if Jeffery can't go.

I think the 'not pushing' for a bigger role.. is just the culture the eagles are creating right now. Agholor would score a TD, and then give the ball to someone else to be the star in one of their celebrations. Jeffery has not been vocal either. I think they just have a team attitude, being led by Wentz's support of Foles as well. So I wouldn't read much into that.

That said, I think the real player with a shot to make more of an impact might actually be Gibson. He looks hungry. I love hollins, but I do hope he doesn't get complacent.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell could Hollins get complacent? He hasn't done a damn thing.

complacency is reflected in a person's ability to work hard to achieve something more and greater that requires them to become even better.

"IF" hollins has bought into the 'team' mentality, the TEAM just won the SB. "IF" he has bought into his role on the team, then he knows he will get called on as needed, and thus isn't pushing. I'm not saying this has happened with him, I'm saying it is what a coach would want to watch for in their players. Make sure they have a personal goal, team goals and are still driven. It is not about if "he" has done a damn thing... he did what was asked for and the team won a SB. It would be easy for the waterboy to become complacent at this point.

If you read, even Doug has admitted he expected to feel a bit more of this. But has admitted that he wants it even more now, even tho the desperation is not there as much now. Doug is a competitor and self driven. It's great to have a coach this way. I don't know Hollins, but I hope he does as well. Hollins is actually one of the players I'm high on and want to see big things from. I love how physical he plays at times, and really want to see him take that next step. I'm rooting hard for this kid.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This injury prone nature of Jeffery is partially why the bears let him go. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that last year was his first year of playing every game since 2014 and was also a contract year.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and how much did he do to deserve that ring? Not too much.

Don't be a hater. Hollins has shown to have good hands, and is one of the most physical WR's we have. He has had a better start than Agholor did, and he turned out great. Give Hollins some time. He is a development player anyways, as we already have set starters ahead of him. And he does a great backpack celebration. So get off his back. :p